Author Topic: Evidence pointing to intruder  (Read 5755 times)

Offline steve_trousers

Evidence pointing to intruder
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »
Hi All,
I remember this terrible case back from 1996, and have followed it intermittently since then. I saw an outlandish article a few months ago blaming the 9 year old son!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3797692/Burke-did-Crime-claims-JonBenet-Ramsey-killed-violent-older-brother-parents-covered-siblings-argued-pineapple-midnight-snack.html

It prompted me to read up on it and I'm more confused than ever, as hard evidence DOES point to an outsider being the killer:

1) Victim was found gagged and tied with various foreign objects, e.g the duct tape around her mouth, white string around her wrists. There was also an unidentified jute bag found in another room, which left fibres on Jonbenet's bed but nowhere else in the house.

2) DNA from an unidentified party on the victims underwear and underneath her fingernails.

3) An unidentified pubic hair found on/near her body

4) And finally the ransom note. To my mind it looks nothing like the mother's left hand handwriting, but it has been used against her by implying that she wrote it.
Handwriting tests cleared her in 1998 of suspected authorship and furthermore it doesn't match anyone else in the family.
Whilst I agree it is odd that an intruder who just committed murder would sit down and write a 2 and a half page ransom note rather than make haste in his escape, perhaps he got a kick out of it. In fact isn't this just a bolder version of when murderers/rapists taunt the police or victim families once their clean away?

Please feel free to correct me if I am missing something here, but is this not the work of an intruder?

david1819

Re: Evidence pointing to intruder
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 06:55:34 AM »
Hi All,
I remember this terrible case back from 1996, and have followed it intermittently since then. I saw an outlandish article a few months ago blaming the 9 year old son!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3797692/Burke-did-Crime-claims-JonBenet-Ramsey-killed-violent-older-brother-parents-covered-siblings-argued-pineapple-midnight-snack.html

It prompted me to read up on it and I'm more confused than ever, as hard evidence DOES point to an outsider being the killer:

1) Victim was found gagged and tied with various foreign objects, e.g the duct tape around her mouth, white string around her wrists. There was also an unidentified jute bag found in another room, which left fibres on Jonbenet's bed but nowhere else in the house.

2) DNA from an unidentified party on the victims underwear and underneath her fingernails.

3) An unidentified pubic hair found on/near her body

4) And finally the ransom note. To my mind it looks nothing like the mother's left hand handwriting, but it has been used against her by implying that she wrote it.
Handwriting tests cleared her in 1998 of suspected authorship and furthermore it doesn't match anyone else in the family.
Whilst I agree it is odd that an intruder who just committed murder would sit down and write a 2 and a half page ransom note rather than make haste in his escape, perhaps he got a kick out of it. In fact isn't this just a bolder version of when murderers/rapists taunt the police or victim families once their clean away?

Please feel free to correct me if I am missing something here, but is this not the work of an intruder?

I posted this a while ago. Evidence for an intruder is overwhelming

1. Duct tape around her mouth cannot be linked to the Ramsay's 

"The black duct tape used on JonBenet's mouth has also not been sourced to defendants. (SMF P 170; PSMF P 170.) Both ends of the duct tape found on her were torn, indicating that it came from a roll of tape that had been used before. (SMF P 171; PSMF P 171.) No similar duct tape was found in the house, nor is there evidence that defendants ever used or owned such duct tape. (SMF P 172; PSMF P 172.)" (Carnes 2003:18).
Cord. "sources for the....cord used in the crime were never located, nor sourced, to defendants' home." (Carnes 2003:10).

2. The cord used around her neck cannot be linked the Ramseys

"sources for the....cord used in the crime were never located, nor sourced, to defendants' home." (Carnes 2003:10).

3. A bag containing rope and a baseball bat not belonging to the Ramsays was found in the house

A baseball bat not owned by the Ramseys found on the north side of the house has fibers consistent with fibers found in the carpet in the basement where JonBenet's body was found. (SMF P 185; PSMF P 185.)" (Carnes 2003:20).

Rope and Bag in JAR Bedroom. "a rope was found inside a brown paper sack in the guest bedroom on the second floor; defendants have indicated that neither of these items belonged to them. (SMF P 181; PSMF P 181.) Regardless of its ownership, there is no explanation why a bag containing a rope would be in the guest bedroom. Further, small pieces of the material on this brown sack were found in the "vacuuming" of JonBenet's bed and in the body bag that was used to transport her body (SMF P 181; PSMF P 181), thereby suggesting that either the bag had been near JonBenet or that someone who had touched the bag had also touched JonBenet." (Carnes 2003:93-94).

4. Debris of dirt and leaves from outside was found on the basement floor

Moreover, leaves and debris, consistent with the leaves and debris found in the window well, were found on the floor under the broken window suggesting that someone had actually entered the basement through this window. (SMF P 136; PSMF P 136.)" (Carnes 2003:88).

5. Handwriting on the ransom note does not belong to any of the parents.

During the investigation, the Boulder Police Department and Boulder County District Attorney's Office consulted at least six handwriting experts. (SMF P 191; PSMF P 191.) All of these experts consulted the original Ransom Note and original handwriting exemplars from Mrs. Ramsey. (SMF P 205; PSMF P 205.) Four of these experts were hired by the police and two were hired by defendants. (SMF P 191; PSMF P 191.) None of the six consulted experts identified Mrs. Ramsey as the author of the Ransom Note. (SMF P 195; PSMF P 195.)

All six experts cited in the Carnes opinion  "agreed that Mr. Ramsey could be eliminated as the author of the Ransom Note. (SMF P 194; PSMF P 194.)" (Carnes 2003:26).

6. Unidentified male DNA found under JonBenet's fingernails

The coroner took nail clippings from JonBenet. Male DNA was found under JonBenet's right hand fingernail that does not match that of any Ramsey. (SMF P 174; PSMF P 174.) Defendants also assert that male DNA was found under JonBenet's left hand fingernail, which also does not match that of any Ramsey. (SMF P 173.)" (Carnes 2003:22).

7. Unidentified male DNA found on JonBenet's underwear

"In addition, male DNA was found in JonBenet's underwear that does not match that of any Ramsey and has not yet been sourced. (SMF PP 175, 178; PSMF PP 175, 178.)" (Carnes 2003:22).

8. The unidentified DNA under JonBenets nails can match to the DNA found in her underwear

The same AP report stated noted "its genetic markers may match evidence taken from fingernails on both of JonBenet's hands. 'There are common markers as to all three that would strongly suggest they are from the same source

Offline kmoore1967

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »
I posted this a while ago. Evidence for an intruder is overwhelming

1. Duct tape around her mouth cannot be linked to the Ramsay's 

"The black duct tape used on JonBenet's mouth has also not been sourced to defendants. (SMF P 170; PSMF P 170.) Both ends of the duct tape found on her were torn, indicating that it came from a roll of tape that had been used before. (SMF P 171; PSMF P 171.) No similar duct tape was found in the house, nor is there evidence that defendants ever used or owned such duct tape. (SMF P 172; PSMF P 172.)" (Carnes 2003:18).
Cord. "sources for the....cord used in the crime were never located, nor sourced, to defendants' home." (Carnes 2003:10).

2. The cord used around her neck cannot be linked the Ramseys

"sources for the....cord used in the crime were never located, nor sourced, to defendants' home." (Carnes 2003:10).

3. A bag containing rope and a baseball bat not belonging to the Ramsays was found in the house

A baseball bat not owned by the Ramseys found on the north side of the house has fibers consistent with fibers found in the carpet in the basement where JonBenet's body was found. (SMF P 185; PSMF P 185.)" (Carnes 2003:20).

Rope and Bag in JAR Bedroom. "a rope was found inside a brown paper sack in the guest bedroom on the second floor; defendants have indicated that neither of these items belonged to them. (SMF P 181; PSMF P 181.) Regardless of its ownership, there is no explanation why a bag containing a rope would be in the guest bedroom. Further, small pieces of the material on this brown sack were found in the "vacuuming" of JonBenet's bed and in the body bag that was used to transport her body (SMF P 181; PSMF P 181), thereby suggesting that either the bag had been near JonBenet or that someone who had touched the bag had also touched JonBenet." (Carnes 2003:93-94).

4. Debris of dirt and leaves from outside was found on the basement floor

Moreover, leaves and debris, consistent with the leaves and debris found in the window well, were found on the floor under the broken window suggesting that someone had actually entered the basement through this window. (SMF P 136; PSMF P 136.)" (Carnes 2003:88).

5. Handwriting on the ransom note does not belong to any of the parents.

During the investigation, the Boulder Police Department and Boulder County District Attorney's Office consulted at least six handwriting experts. (SMF P 191; PSMF P 191.) All of these experts consulted the original Ransom Note and original handwriting exemplars from Mrs. Ramsey. (SMF P 205; PSMF P 205.) Four of these experts were hired by the police and two were hired by defendants. (SMF P 191; PSMF P 191.) None of the six consulted experts identified Mrs. Ramsey as the author of the Ransom Note. (SMF P 195; PSMF P 195.)

All six experts cited in the Carnes opinion  "agreed that Mr. Ramsey could be eliminated as the author of the Ransom Note. (SMF P 194; PSMF P 194.)" (Carnes 2003:26).

6. Unidentified male DNA found under JonBenet's fingernails

The coroner took nail clippings from JonBenet. Male DNA was found under JonBenet's right hand fingernail that does not match that of any Ramsey. (SMF P 174; PSMF P 174.) Defendants also assert that male DNA was found under JonBenet's left hand fingernail, which also does not match that of any Ramsey. (SMF P 173.)" (Carnes 2003:22).

7. Unidentified male DNA found on JonBenet's underwear

"In addition, male DNA was found in JonBenet's underwear that does not match that of any Ramsey and has not yet been sourced. (SMF PP 175, 178; PSMF PP 175, 178.)" (Carnes 2003:22).

8. The unidentified DNA under JonBenets nails can match to the DNA found in her underwear

The same AP report stated noted "its genetic markers may match evidence taken from fingernails on both of JonBenet's hands. 'There are common markers as to all three that would strongly suggest they are from the same source

Sorry for the long quote and late comment.

Has this DNA never been matched to anyone in any database? Surely if the Golden State Killer was caught by 23 and Me and Gedmatch by relatives of the killer, then will they not try that for Jon-Benet?

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »
I've read a lot on this case over the years I started off believing in the intruder theory but my conclusion now is that one of the family did it much as it pains me to think that.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 06:54:03 PM »
I've read a lot on this case over the years I started off believing in the intruder theory but my conclusion now is that one of the family did it much as it pains me to think that.

It was alleged more recently that the son had hit her and the family had covered it up to protect him but that too ended in nothing concrete.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
It was alleged more recently that the son had hit her and the family had covered it up to protect him but that too ended in nothing concrete.

i don't buy that

Offline jameson245

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 12:38:09 AM »

Care to explain what made you "jump the fence"?    Does the FACT that CBS recently (because they accused Burke of killing her and John of covering it up) make you think maybe you were right in the first place?
Remember the Child

Offline jameson245

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 12:40:41 AM »

That was written by Kolar and turned into a CBS documentary.  Burke sued for $750million and John for $150 million.  I don't know just how much they got but they won the lawsuit (settlement, no trial).   

The killer left his handwriting nd DNA.  This case can still be solved.  It was an Intruder, not her family.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:50:03 AM by jameson245 »
Remember the Child

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 07:56:20 AM »
That was written by Kolar and turned into a CBS documentary.  Burke sued for $750million and John for $150 million.  I don't know just how much they got but they won the lawsuit (settlement, no trial).   

The killer left his handwriting nd DNA.  This case can still be solved.  It was an Intruder, not her family.

The Quote from David1819 is pretty comprehensive.  I haven't seen that before.

Offline jameson245

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 09:47:59 PM »
Yes, David did a good job of explaining why he can look at an intruder as a possibility.
Remember the Child

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 06:51:40 AM »
there were two children (young adults) from a previous marriage who were not residents at the Boulder address.  If it proved to be one of these two adults that perpetrated this crime I propose that they too should be classed as intruders for they should not have been there that night.

The names of these two, one a half brother and the other a half sister to Jonbenet were John Andrew Ramsey (JAR) (20y) and Melinda Ramsey (25y).

JAR had his alibi thoroughly investigated and at this stage I accept the alibi.
Melinda on the other hand was not questioned to the same extent but her alibi intertwined with JAR's alibi.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jameson245

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »
Melinda and her boyfriend (later husband) celebrated Christmas in Atlanta with her mother (Lucinda) and brother (JAR).   The alibi is solid.

All of those people have also been cleared by the DNA. 

Speaking of them as suspects is a waste of time.
Remember the Child

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 09:22:02 AM »
Melinda and her boyfriend (later husband) celebrated Christmas in Atlanta with her mother (Lucinda) and brother (JAR).   The alibi is solid.

Show me the profile of the white male they want to find?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 09:28:09 AM »

Some websites say the palm print on the inside of the cellar door  was linked to Melinda.
Also a pubic hair on a blanket  was sourced to Melinda.

Well since she would have visited her father's house it isn't surprising that these linkages could be true.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 10:56:33 AM »
From https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/evil-deeds/201702/who-killed-jonbenet-part-2-the-ransom-note

"Mr. Ramsey,"

To begin with, the note is undeniably and deliberately addressed solely to "Mr." John Ramsey, JonBenet's father, rather than to both John and Patsy (though there was, according to police, allegedly an impression found in the pad from which its pages were torn of a "practice" version which initially evidently considered addressing it to "Mr. and Mrs...."). Why? This suggests to me that, if neither he nor his wife nor then nine-year-old son, Burke, wrote the note, as the official version now contends, John was specifically targeted by the perpetrator(s) for some reason:..."

Personally I think this points to an intruder.
Moderation