Author Topic: Peter Lawrence OBE  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Peter Lawrence OBE
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2018, 09:59:32 AM »
Peter Lawrence said a propos of the vigil in York Minster

'Kate got in touch when she heard that we were having this event and she said that she wanted to come along. It is nice to raise awareness for both of our daughters and for the families to come together.'

Now, put yourself in Peter Lawrence’s shoes Faithlilly.  You have a missing child for whom there is going to be a special event, and a woman (who you believe to be beneath contempt, and up to her neck in criminal behaviour, not least the deliberate concealment of the body of said missing child), asks if she may attend - do you still welcome with open arms this mother to the event for your own child?  Do you appear united with her by posing for photos?   If so, why?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 10:15:42 AM »
As I have already said, if I believed in the cause he was supporting absolutely. It wouldn’t, however, infer that we had any other ‘common ground’.
In this case the common ground is “missing people”, now tell me you would stand shoulder to shoulder with Kate and Gerry McCann in support of this cause.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2018, 10:47:15 AM »
Peter Lawrence said a propos of the vigil in York Minster

'Kate got in touch when she heard that we were having this event and she said that she wanted to come along. It is nice to raise awareness for both of our daughters and for the families to come together.'

Now, put yourself in Peter Lawrence’s shoes Faithlilly.  You have a missing child for whom there is going to be a special event, and a woman (who you believe to be beneath contempt, and up to her neck in criminal behaviour, not least the deliberate concealment of the body of said missing child), asks if she may attend - do you still welcome with open arms this mother to the event for your own child?  Do you appear united with her by posing for photos?   If so, why?

So Mrs McCann invited herself along. Enough said.

This was an event for missing people, not a vanity project by Peter Lawrence OBE.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »
So Mrs McCann invited herself along. Enough said.

This was an event for missing people, not a vanity project by Peter Lawrence OBE.
And the Most Reverend and Right Honorable John Sentamu was very delighted she attended.  Of course, if both men had believed her to be a corrupt liar who knew where the body was hidden  it is unlikely in my view that they would have both been quite so amenable and welcoming.  You stick to your beliefs however, I know it’s important to you.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »
And the Most Reverend and Right Honorable John Sentamu was very delighted she attended.  Of course, if both men had believed her to be a corrupt liar who knew where the body was hidden  it is unlikely in my view that they would have both been quite so amenable and welcoming.  You stick to your beliefs however, I know it’s important to you.

It is interesting though that as an ambassador for Missing People and the mother of a missing daughter she wasn’t automatically invited, isn’t it and once she had invited herself what could those attending say when asked other than what they did ?

It’s interesting that Sara Payne has also been distinguished with an MBE. Much deserved I know.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
It is interesting though that as an ambassador for Missing People and the mother of a missing daughter she wasn’t automatically invited, isn’t it and once she had invited herself what could those attending say when asked other than what they did ?

It’s interesting that Sara Payne has also been distinguished with an MBE. Much deserved I know.
There seems to be an inference in this post and also this thread, if I'm not very much mistaken.  Perhaps that is why it was started in the first place?  Were parents of other missing children automatically invited? 
Which is better btw- an MBE or an OBE, out of interest?  Is one more deserving than the other? 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:49:55 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »
In this case the common ground is “missing people”, now tell me you would stand shoulder to shoulder with Kate and Gerry McCann in support of this cause.
Bump.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
Bump.

Of course.

Of course that wouldn’t infer belief in their innocence either. It’s about the cause not personal opinions.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »
Of course.

Of course that wouldn’t infer belief in their innocence either. It’s about the cause not personal opinions.

So are they not Innocent, in your opinion?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2018, 04:17:12 PM »
Of course.

Sorry if I find your claim hard to believe.  You would share a platform and stand shoulder to shoulder with Kate and Gerry McCann to highlight the issue of Missing People?  People who you believe a) know exactly where their missing person is and b) callously tossed said person in a bin.  What happened to your principles? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't share a platform with OJ Simpson to highlight the issue of battered wives, though the issue is obviously worth highlighting.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2018, 05:38:45 PM »
So are they not Innocent, in your opinion?

Did I say that ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2018, 05:40:03 PM »
Sorry if I find your claim hard to believe.  You would share a platform and stand shoulder to shoulder with Kate and Gerry McCann to highlight the issue of Missing People?  People who you believe a) know exactly where their missing person is and b) callously tossed said person in a bin.  What happened to your principles?

I believe the greater good trumps my personal feelings. What do you find strange about that ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2018, 05:52:29 PM »
Did I say that ?

I dunno.  I think I've lost the plot.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2018, 06:08:19 PM »
I believe the greater good trumps my personal feelings. What do you find strange about that ?
I find it strange that you would willingly  share a platform with people who you believe to be criminals an who  run a serious risk of making the cause you support a laughing stock, and damaging it by their association, does that make sense?