Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1479779 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #7515 on: February 13, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »
Last night I had  a little look at one of  R D Hall's videos...imo the man's a fruitcake...if you think ive paid him a compliment he's not on his own ...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:07:25 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline The General

« Reply #7516 on: February 13, 2020, 05:27:06 PM »
Last night I had  a little look at one of  R D Hall's videos...imo the man's  a fruitcake...if you think ive paid him a compliment he's not on his own ...
You click, you lose.
Agreed about Richard D Hall. His Jo Cox videos are next level.
And yes, I clicked and lost.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:07:59 PM by Angelo222 »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7517 on: February 13, 2020, 05:32:01 PM »
You click, you lose.
Agreed about Richard D Hall. His Jo Cox videos are next level.
And yes, I clicked and lost.

If you want to mistakenly think to click is to lose then i''ll have to leave you to your ignorance ...imo

i wont bother explaining why...if you don't know now you never will

my feeling is its important to look  and consider everything....but im an open minded supporter not a narrow minded sceptic...how can we dismiss what Hall says without listening to him
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:06:10 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #7518 on: February 13, 2020, 06:11:04 PM »
If you want to mistakenly think to click is to lose then i''ll have to leave you to your ignorance ...imo

i wont bother explaining why...if you don't know now you never will

my feeling is its important to look  and consider everything....but im an open minded supporter not a narrow minded sceptic...how can we dismiss what Hall says without listening to him
Yet you had already formed an opinion of Hall, but you were compelled nonetheless.
Open-minded or weak-willed?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7519 on: February 13, 2020, 06:14:48 PM »
Yet you had already formed an opinion of Hall, but you were compelled nonetheless.
Open-minded or weak-willed?

is it possible to have a discussion based on fact rather than what you think is fact...

Offline The General

« Reply #7520 on: February 13, 2020, 06:24:05 PM »
is it possible to have a discussion based on fact rather than what you think is fact...
This is more like it; the existential.
But was it a rhetorical, baited question?
Have you already illicited the response you craved? Did you crave a response at all?
Was it a musing typed as an affirmation, a cajolement to lull me in and I draw back the veil; sirens luring the hapless sailor to a rocky end, or was it a genuine offer of polite discourse, the metaphorical olive branch?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7521 on: February 13, 2020, 06:26:37 PM »
This is more like it; the existential.
But was it a rhetorical, baited question?
Have you already illicited the response you craved? Did you crave a response at all?
Was it a musing typed as an affirmation, a cajolement to lull me in and I draw back the veil; sirens luring the hapless sailor to a rocky end, or was it a genuine offer of polite discourse, the metaphorical olive branch?

is it possible to have a discussion based on fact rather than what you think is fact..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7522 on: February 13, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »
the fact is ...Hall is a darling of many sceptics...my view ..based on evidence ...is that he has the ability to understand evidence of a born again yesterday christian....I hope im not being too unkind to christians.

Yet there are posters here who support him
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:39:25 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #7523 on: February 13, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »
the fact is ...Hall is a darling of many sceptics...my view ..based on evidence ...is that he has the ability to understand evidence of a born again yesterday christain....I hope im not being too unkind to christians.

Yet there are posters here who support him
Agreed. But indignor quandoque bonus dormitat Homerus

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7524 on: February 13, 2020, 06:45:18 PM »
Agreed. But indignor quandoque bonus dormitat Homerus

you are going to assume I bothered to try and translate that...im not...i studied latin and suspect its totally bogus

Offline Brietta

« Reply #7525 on: February 13, 2020, 06:45:35 PM »

Fascinating SIL - interesting read and well thought out.

I remember also the mcns had the song don't forget about me at the height of the fundraising and publicity.

It seems when they got made arguidos the song got forgot about -  I still think of Maddie when I hear it.

Corned beef potatoes and pepper hash is a fav of mine although there is 2 ways of doing it

It was very kind of you to mention Madeleine in the context of Simple Mind's beautiful tune and lyrics freely given for use in Madeleine's behalf:  promoting Madeleine using music and video certainly seems to have worked if your experience is anything to go by and still exists on the internet even all this time down the line.

The publicity then and later was in the hope that Madeleine would be found as a result.

The fundraising was to enable the continuing search for her.

SIMPLEMINDS
19 MAY, 2007 MADELEINE MCCANN
in All News Share

The disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine McCann while holidaying in Algarve, Portugal has impacted millions of people throughout the continent.

Frankly it is impossible to imagine the extent of the pain and confusion that has descended on the little girl’s parents and her entire family as they wait hopefully on some positive news regarding both Madeleine’s wellbeing and whereabouts.

Our thoughts are with them entirely with every passing hour as the police search continues. Meanwhile it took no time at all for Simple Minds to agree for the usage of our track Don’t You Forget About Me as part of a video campaign to be shown throughout Europe detailing Madeleine’s circumstances and of course requesting information. We hope with the fullest of hearts that all efforts lead only to the safe return of Madeleine.

Simple Minds
https://www.simpleminds.com/2007/05/19/madeleine-mccann/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiuS1DSdjOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXiUoPHOSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEuQn5rWPa0
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #7526 on: February 13, 2020, 06:51:35 PM »
you are going to assume I bothered to try and translate that...im not...i studied latin and suspect its totally bogus
Disappointed. It's pretty well known - even by me and I know only 4 or 5 phrases.
I was lucky enough to have one excellent teacher in the comprehensive system. He taught us what he knew - which was a lot.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7527 on: February 13, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »
Disappointed. It's pretty well known - even by me and I know only 4 or 5 phrases.
I was lucky enough to have one excellent teacher in the comprehensive system. He taught us what he knew - which was a lot.

it cant be pretty well known as Ive never heard of it...it doesnt look to contain a verb and i dont recognise one genuine word....why would a proper noun be at the end of the phrase....looks like you've been caught out

Offline The General

« Reply #7528 on: February 13, 2020, 06:56:49 PM »
it cant be pretty well known as Ive never heard of it...it doesnt look to contain a verb and i dont recognise one genuine word....why would a proper noun be at the end of the phrase....looks like you've been caught out
Even Homer nods. You're right I may have it back to front.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7529 on: February 13, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
Just for a little light amusement on your next coffee break, you might like to visit www.shininginluz.wordpress.com, for the Elvis take on cobblers.

There is a connection to the Madeleine McCann case, simply because nearly everything in Luz has a connection to MBM, but it is so obscure that I chose not to mention it.

But if you fancy some light froth on your next break pop in for Southern cobblers.

&^^&*
I got as far as Elvis dying in 1987 and didn’t bother with the rest.  I guess he must have faked his own death and gone to work in the chip shop after all, for the last 10 years of his life.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly