Author Topic: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects  (Read 96561 times)

Offline Brietta

10 OCT 2015 Interview Analysis

I'm not really into this sort of analysis whether it has any basis or not is I think probably more to do with the 'skills' of the practitioner or the lack of them.
However this did turn out to be a very sympathetic study.

Of more interest than what is going to turn into a very difficult case to prosecute should there be enough evidence to do so (the PI's synopsis in the previous video on the thread ... phew!) is the fact that William Tyrell's parents were obscured on camera.

Despite the supposed reason for that ... it struck me as being an excellent idea and something which should be done as a matter of course in all investigations into missing children.
It would prevent the parents becoming the object of wild speculation and kangaroo courts and keep the focus where it belongs ... on the missing child. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

Jessica Mitchell knows where DeOrr's body is by DeOrr Kunz private investigator

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

Jessica Mitchell knows where DeOrr's body is by DeOrr Kunz private investigator

Quite ... but who exactly does this guy think he is to be setting himself up as prosecutor, judge and jury in this highly prejudicial manner.

If there is sufficient evidence that harm has come to DeOrr which enable charges to be laid, how is this going to play out if the allegation is against anyone he has mentioned?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

He can back up what he says with evidence so he has released certain information to the public. Inconsistencies are important in any case to an investigator like a visit at 6:30 on 3 May i.e. nothing matches between the two witnesses.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

He can back up what he says with evidence so he has released certain information to the public. Inconsistencies are important in any case to an investigator like a visit at 6:30 on 3 May i.e. nothing matches between the two witnesses.

You are getting this the wrong way round.

It is for law enforcement to investigate and present any evidence they may uncover to prosecutors and the judiciary for the decision to be made whether or not it is sufficient to proceed to trial with.

Only when it has been discussed in court in which the accused has benefit of counsel does the general public have the right to mull over what has been presented to the court.

This member of the public has the right to give any evidence he gleaned as a result of his employment as a PI ... I think presenting it to the court of public opinion hardly represents due process and while being prejudicial to the individuals involved may also prejudice any resulting trial.

Offline pegasus

This member of the public has the right to give any evidence he gleaned as a result of his employment as a PI ... I think presenting it to the court of public opinion hardly represents due process
Brietta I found a video of PIs giving evidence to "the court of public opinion" in the PDL case.
They even had a "public opinion manager" standing next to them.

Offline Brietta

Brietta I found a video of PIs giving evidence to "the court of public opinion" in the PDL case.
They even had a "public opinion manager" standing next to them.

Everybody and their auntie have made videos in Madeleine McCann's case ... one would have thought that a bit more consideration would have been given to due process in DeOrr Kunz's case.

Offline misty

http://www.localnews8.com/news/private-investigator-cadaver-dog-proves-there-was-a-death/38307992

Update: Private Investigator Klein has been "fired" from Kunz investigation

Staff Writer
POSTED: 05:13 PM MST Mar 02, 2016
UPDATED: 10:33 AM MST Mar 03, 2016

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) -
Update 3/3 10:20 am: The attorney representing the Kunz family, Allen Browning, released a copy of the letter that was sent to Klein Investigations and Counseling informing Klein he was being fired from the investigation.
In the letter from Dennis Deorr Kunz, Klein is told he is being fired for expressing public opinions on the case.

"I hired Mr. Klein to find my grandson, not to make public statements concerning his opinions on this case," writes Kunz.

Kunz also accuses Klein of refusing to meet with him and Browning before making his public statements about his findings. Kunz also states that Klein's recent accusations against the family have caused a number of death threats against his son Vernal Deorr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell. He states that Mitchell has lost her job because of the accusations.

"And for all this trouble Mr. Klein has caused my family, and after Mr. Klein had been payed $20,000, I have no more information concerning the disappearance than I had on the day Mr. Klein was hired. Mr. Klein, you and your company are fired," writes Kunz
A copy of the letter is attached to this article.

Update 3/2 6:25: According to the Klein Investigations and Counseling Facebook page, Phillip Klein has been "fired" from the investigation by the Kunz family.

The post on Facebook reads as follows:

At 5:28 p.m. today - KIC Texas received a fax letter reported to have come from Dennis Deorr Kunz of Idaho Falls, Idaho. Mr. Kunz has released (fired - his term) our firm from the missing person case regarding Deorr Kunz.

This action taken by Dennis Kunz is the same action he took with Frank Viltz - the former investigator - as it was reported that he too came to the same conclusion in his limited time on the case. This is a pattern of behavior it seems.

Accordingly we have received a request to continue this case from two interested parties who wish us to continue. We are vetting those two requests as we speak.

I want to assure you in Idaho that we are not leaving the case.
Further, it is our opinion that Dennis Kunz is a wonderful man, however, we believe he is being misled. We wish Mr. Kunz nothing but the best from all of us at KIC Texas.

Thank you again for the very nice comments. Our commitment is only to finding Deorr Kunz and not any other side shows."

We've reached out to the Kunz family for comment on this development. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them.
Original Story: The private investigator hired by the Deorr Kunz family said a cadaver dog scented blood or other bodily fluid on a piece of equipment while searching for the boy’s body. He said the evidence proves there was a death.

Philip R. Klein of Klein Investigations and Consulting spoke with reporter Chelsea Brentzel Wednesday. He wouldn’t say what the piece of equipment was or when the cadaver dogs found it.

“We believe it is important for the public to know that the cadaver dog did hit in three certain areas of the pieces of equipment which does indicate there was a death or there was some type of fluid, cerebral fluid, blood whatever it may be, that was in the location where the dog hit, and that we know there was a death,” said Klein.

Lemhi County sheriff’s office isn’t confirming what Klein is saying.

Klein also said Jessica Mitchell, the mother, knows where the body is on the mountain and won’t tell investigators.

You can watch the full interview with Klein on the video above.

Deorr Kunz was reported missing on July 10, 2015 at Timbercreek campground near Leadore. The father, Vernal DeOrr Kunz, great grandfather, Robert Walton, and a friend Isaac Reinwand were also at the campground the day the boy was reported missing.

======================================================================
The PI was hired by the grandfather of Deorr & was not present at the campsite.

Here is one of the comments posted under the news update. Shades of Amaral.

Neal Rauhauser • 6 hours ago
Klein currently faces an $8M libel suit in Bexar county, Texas. This is due to a couple getting arrested in the U.S. during a custody case based on forged documents procured in Mexico.

There are two blogspots and a stand alone blog that have a great deal of information on Klein's doings.

operationkleinwatch and notthisonetoojacques, both on blogspot.com, are Beaumont locals who know Klein. viaviewfiles.net is focused on my case in Texas, Rauhauser v. McGibney, but Klein's recent escapades are profiled there.

The best source of all would be Jerry Jordan's setinvestigates.com. He is also local to Beaumont, but he's a proper investigative journalist who has done stories on Klein in conjunction with a local TV station in the past.

I have no opinion on what happened to the missing little boy; the only reason I'm here is that this story triggered my Philip Klein Google Alerts. I will say this - I'm from Iowa and I know the mother of this little boy, who fell right off the face of the earth while in the company of his grandfather and older siblings. I'd hate to see this family, already coping with a whodunit loss of a preschooler, facing scrutiny from law enforcement due to some self-aggrandizing claims by an 'investigator' with a record like Klein's.

Offline pegasus

(snip) .... Reinwand won't speak with the PI's. He has a criminal record.
Listen to what Klein says about Reinwald. A great guy, it was certainly not him, he has been used as a scapegoat, he is now talking to Klein and LE with no need for an attorney.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:40:51 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

Listen to what Klein says about Reinwald. A great guy, it was certainly not him, he has been used as a scapegoat, he is now talking to Klein and LE with no need for an attorney.

Reinwand does have an attorney.
I hope he's providing the Sheriff with more information than was forthcoming in the recent TV interview.
Perhaps the man feels more secure because of the accusations now being levelled at his camp-mates. I'm at a loss to understand how neither he nor ggf can't know what happened to Deorr if the parents committed a criminal act.

Offline pegasus

Reinwand does have an attorney.
I hope he's providing the Sheriff with more information than was forthcoming in the recent TV interview.
Perhaps the man feels more secure because of the accusations now being levelled at his camp-mates. I'm at a loss to understand how neither he nor ggf can't know what happened to Deorr if the parents committed a criminal act.
He no longer uses one Misty, because he is not a suspect, according to Klein, in long video above.

Offline pegasus

I'm going to say fishing equipment!
Unlikely IMO. There are other types of "equipment" mentioned in various reports. A truck, possibly a motorbike, can't find a boat but it's a boating destination.

Offline misty

He no longer uses one Misty, because he is not a suspect, according to Klein, in long video above.

IMO you shouldn't believe everything Klein says. Isaac is a man of limited mental capabilities & it would be foolish for him to discard counsel if he is now "singing like a canary".
Don't know if you have found your way here yet - http://randomtopics.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1611 - but it's quite a good read.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:56:50 PM by misty »

Offline misty

Unlikely IMO. There are other types of "equipment" mentioned in various reports. A truck, possibly a motorbike, can't find a boat but it's a boating destination.

LOL I'm more concerned about the use of a multi-purpose dog who can't tell its handler if it's cadaver or cerebral fluid being alerted to.
Apparently there was a hair attached to a spade but it then blew away in the wind. Such are the facts.

I have yet to read up on Klein's dodgy Mexican dealings but will post anything I find of interest.

Offline pegasus

IMO you shouldn't believe everything Klein says. Isaac is a man of limited mental capabilities & it would be foolish for him to discard counsel if he is now "singing like a fairy".
Don't know if you have found your way here yet - http://randomtopics.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1611 - but it's quite a good read.
Let's agree to differ on that Misty. Totally innocent IMO, which was obvious just from the doorstepping video alone, and confirmed by the later interview, IMO.
BTW re either parent, the first PI advanced from http://youtu.be/-78P5ayOlRc , to (after further investigation) http://youtu.be/HjxK5P3NFNM