Author Topic: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects  (Read 96344 times)

Offline pegasus

just noting that a common (probably incorrect) action after retrieval from water would be to hold upside down
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:22:43 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho/deorr-kunzs-parents-deny-harming-their-son/78531935.

IDAHO FALLS -- It's been eight months since rescue crews first began searching for missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr.

A lot has happened in the past eight months.

His disappearance has made national headlines including making the Nancy Grace Show, and even featured in People Magazine.

For the first since his parents were named suspects, Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Kunz are answering the questions about their son’s disappearance.

Both Jessica and Vernal say the majority of the public believes they are guilty of doing something to their son. They've received threat after threat. But despite that they felt it was time to share their story with the public.

"It's hard to even leave my house to go to get gas, or you know to go to the grocery store or something," said Jessica.

"You get up in the morning hopeful, you go to bed, just no more answers," said Vernal.
Tears stream down the faces of a mother and father accused of lying about their son's disappearance.

Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Kunz say July 10, 2015, is the last day they saw their son.

"It's so much easier just to blame parents," said Vernal.

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman named the parents suspects in January. Bowerman believes the two know more about what happened to DeOrr.

"People have pretty much laid my son to rest already," said Vernal.

Jessica and Vernal say not a day goes by without a threat.

"That they know we're going to go to hell for what we did to our son. How could we do that? Just things like that," said Jessica.

"If you're so damn positive we'd like to talk to you and so does the FBI and law enforcement if you're so positive," said Vernal.

“Phillip Klein claims that you confessed that you know where baby DeOrr's body is, and you won't go any further than that. Is that true?" asked KIFI reporter Chelsea Brentzel.

"Absolutely not. No," replied Jessica.

"So I have to ask you, did you murder your son?" said Brentzel.

"Absolutely not," replied Vernal.
"Was there an accident?” asked Brentzel.

"No," replied Vernal.

"So you're saying you have nothing to do with his disappearance," asked Brentzel.

"No, he was left with a trusted adult and when I got back my son was gone," replied Vernal.

"Does it worry you that with these things that have come out that people will stop looking for him?" asked Brentzel.

"I feel like that's been the case for months," said Jessica. "I feel like they've already made up their minds that he is deceased or whatever they think, and people go 'oh okay, well whatever' and they were able to walk past him, yeah and they could've walked past him, someone could have easily walked past him in a store."

"Thanks to the politics of this you've already made up your mind, you've put it behind you, it's closed in your mind. He's not home, we have no more answers than we did July 10th," said Vernal.

The parents say the search is not over.

"If somebody has him I want them to know that we're not going to give up and we'll find him, and it doesn't matter what you do to his appearance, we'll find him," said Jessica.

"Til the day I die, til the day we die, I will find him," said Vernal. "I refuse to leave this earth without knowing where he is or what happened at least. At least knowing that he's okay."

As of right now, no arrests or charges have been filed.
The parents are begging the public to keep their eyes open because they believe DeOrr is out there and hope he returns home safe soon.

Copyright 2016 KTVB

========================================================================

Video available at link for those who wish to view body language.

Offline pegasus

Thanks Misty for that video, interesting, one completely natural set of responses, and ...

Offline misty

Thanks Misty for that video, interesting, one completely natural set of responses, and ...

I thought VK was very protective of his only son - understandable if reported circumstances are correct.
Their grief seems natural.
My money is still on Jame Gumb.

Offline pegasus

I thought VK was very protective of his only son - understandable if reported circumstances are correct.
Their grief seems natural.
My money is still on Jame Gumb.
One half completely natural responses, and one half struggling with the inevitability of snow melting, georgians, and all that, IMO

Offline misty

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/04/final-radio-podcast-on-deorr-kunz-jr-case-broadcast/

No fresh news on the search as yet. Parents have been forced to leave Idaho following social pressures & move to Las Vegas, though.

Offline Brietta

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/04/final-radio-podcast-on-deorr-kunz-jr-case-broadcast/

No fresh news on the search as yet. Parents have been forced to leave Idaho following social pressures & move to Las Vegas, though.

Interesting that the private detective Klein is also an author.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

At the end of the podcast it says investigators are still waiting for the snow to melt.
A previous report said that when the snow has melted a cadaver dog team from Georgia will be deployed.

Online Eleanor

At the end of the podcast it says investigators are still waiting for the snow to melt.
A previous report said that when the snow has melted a cadaver dog team from Georgia will be deployed.

OMG.  A Cadaver Dog can't find a Cadaver if it's been snowing.  Please don't make me laugh.

Offline G-Unit

OMG.  A Cadaver Dog can't find a Cadaver if it's been snowing.  Please don't make me laugh.

No-one said that Eleanor, what a strange assumption! Perhaps the snow gets so deep in the area that it's impassible for not just dogs but the people who have to go with them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pegasus

Here is a current snow depth map Eleanor. I've put a yellow circle approximately where the campsite is.
How exactly would you deploy a cadaver dog in snow that that is 30 to 75 inches deep?
The dog would sink in the snow.
This is why the cadaver dogs from Georgia will be deployed after the snow melts.

Offline misty

http://www.kpvi.com/news/investigators-gather-evidence-in-deorr-kunz-junior-case/article_c6e73c9e-212c-11e6-8dd3-9f489b0edaec.html

Investigators gather evidence in DeOrr Kunz, Junior case

Lemhi County
 2 hrs ago
  0

After searching for three days in the Timber Creek Area of Lemhi County, sheriff deputies find evidence related to the disappearance of DeOrr Kunz, Junior.

According to a news release from the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue units along with other state and federal agencies searched the area around where Kunz, Junior disappeared in July of 2015. While investigators are not saying what they found, the evidence and information gathered during the search will now be analyzed and used to drive the investigation forward and assist in the planning of future searches.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can only wonder at this stage what investigators missed last year before the snow.

Offline pegasus

The police have done a 3-day search. Next comes the search by Klein Investigations, EquiSearch, and the cadaver dogs from Georgia.

Offline misty

http://www.localnews8.com/news/private-investigation-team-cadaver-dog-search-for-missing-toddler-deorr-kunz/40180768

An update today. Seems the little lad still hasn't been located.
Dad is now apparently working in Vegas, mum has a new boyfriend & is now known as Jessica Anderson.
There is still concerted support for the searches from other family members.