Author Topic: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects  (Read 96344 times)

Offline misty

Yes but IMO it is probable that the child went to sleep somewhere because this was his usual nap time according to a video interview.

Without his blanket, cup & monkey?

Offline misty

You've provided a good argument against the went to sleep under pickup truck theory Misty.
Is there any way the child could have climbed up onto the cargo bed of the pickup truck, if the tailgate was open, and gone to sleep there?

Yes, that would be possible by climbing onto the side exhaust pipe and/or  the rear bumper. The cargo bed appears quite low.

Offline pegasus

Yes, that would be possible by climbing onto the side exhaust pipe and/or  the rear bumper. The cargo bed appears quite low.
If the tailgate is open then most of the rear bumper is covered but maybe can climb on bumper to side of tailgate?

Offline pegasus

Without his blanket, cup & monkey?
I do not believe that he carried them everywhere.
In camo jacket photo he has no blanket no cup no monkey.
In Bear Lake photo he has no blanket no cup no monkey.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:03:10 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

I do not believe that he carried them everywhere.
In camo jacket photo he has no blanket no cup no monkey.
In Bear Lake photo he has no blanket no cup no monkey.

No, he didn't carry them everywhere but there are some photos which show him with them (more than MM with CC).
In a strange place (which I'm not entirely sure he'd seen during the previous daylight hours) I think young Deorr would be looking for something familiar to go to sleep with in the absence of his parents. From my experience a tired child, fighting sleep but still walking, tends to whinge rather vocally. It doesn't explain why GGP can't account for how Deorr walked away from the campsite unseen & unheard.

ETA photo. Getting ready to go to bed with cup & blanket?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:35:38 AM by misty »

Offline pegasus

No, he didn't carry them everywhere but there are some photos which show him with them (more than MM with CC).
In a strange place (which I'm not entirely sure he'd seen during the previous daylight hours) I think young Deorr would be looking for something familiar to go to sleep with in the absence of his parents. From my experience a tired child, fighting sleep but still walking, tends to whinge rather vocally. It doesn't explain why GGP can't account for how Deorr walked away from the campsite unseen & unheard.

ETA photo. Getting ready to go to bed with cup & blanket?
Yes that is sippy cup and blanket but no monkey, and in other photos he has none of them.
In camo jacket photo he holds a bowl of snack, and in lake photo he holds a ball.
So basically the statement "he always carries cup blanket and monkey" is nonsense.
BTW I measured cattle guard (see list of Chance locations) is only 400m away.

Offline misty

Yes that is sippy cup and blanket but no monkey, and in other photos he has none of them.
In camo jacket photo he holds a bowl of snack, and in lake photo he holds a ball.
So basically the statement "he always carries cup blanket and monkey" is nonsense.
BTW I measured cattle guard (see list of Chance locations) is only 400m away.

I don't think the statement was meant to be taken quite so literally.
There are dozens of photos of DK on various family F/B pages & I think he was much-loved by his dad in particular.
Is the cattle guard up or downstream, please? (I really am rubbish with Google Earth)

Offline pegasus

I don't think the statement was meant to be taken quite so literally.
There are dozens of photos of DK on various family F/B pages & I think he was much-loved by his dad in particular.
Is the cattle guard up or downstream, please? (I really am rubbish with Google Earth)
The campsite is where on ge you can see a very long "fifth-wheel" camper attached to a pickup truck.
From the campsite, the cattle guard is about 400m NNE (downstream).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:01:38 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:37:48 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

Offline misty

Thank you for those pictures. I could get the campsite itself before but when I start wandering the terrain & direction confuses me.
Why do you think the cattleguard is important?

Also, have you seen log cabins situated at any of the 12 campsites?

Offline pegasus

(snip) Why do you think the cattleguard is important? (snip)
Several reasons Misty.
1. The cattle guard is downhill and only 400m from the campsite. Downhill is an instinctive wandering direction, and 400m is well within the distance 2yr olds are proven to have wandered in some other cases (and not been tracked by dogs).

2. The cattle guard has fence extending to both sides forming a barrier to continuation of downhill wandering.

3. In the 3 part IR interview, IR states that the real reason the father drove off in the truck was to search for the child down by the cattle guard. This makes much more sense than the searching for a signal tale.

4. In the long report released by KIC, one of the locations alerted by Chance is 139 feet from the cattle guard.

Offline misty

Several reasons Misty.
1. The cattle guard is downhill and only 400m from the campsite. Downhill is an instinctive wandering direction, and 400m is well within the distance 2yr olds are proven to have wandered in some other cases (and not been tracked by dogs).

2. The cattle guard has fence extending to both sides forming a barrier to continuation of downhill wandering.

3. In the 3 part IR interview, IR states that the real reason the father drove off in the truck was to search for the child down by the cattle guard. This makes much more sense than the searching for a signal tale.

4. In the long report released by KIC, one of the locations alerted by Chance is 139 feet from the cattle guard.
OK. Presumably local LE/FBI have by now investigated the location of the cadaver dog alert close to the cattleguard.
I'm still a bit confused. Is the cattleguard beside the road into the campsite? I thought VK/JM went upstream from the campsite when they left with IR? JM kept looking back?
Why would VK head down, not up, to get a signal (we know he used his phone at the same time as JM who was at the site with GGP). How did GPP & IR get up to Stone Reservoir & back before JM made her call?
Too many discrepancies in the IR timeline - maybe a result of too much whiskey the previous night.

Offline pegasus

OK. Presumably local LE/FBI have by now investigated the location of the cadaver dog alert close to the cattleguard.
I'm still a bit confused. Is the cattleguard beside the road into the campsite? I thought VK/JM went upstream from the campsite when they left with IR? JM kept looking back?
Why would VK head down, not up, to get a signal (we know he used his phone at the same time as JM who was at the site with GGP). How did GPP & IR get up to Stone Reservoir & back before JM made her call?
Too many discrepancies in the IR timeline - maybe a result of too much whiskey the previous night.
Here IMO is the cattle guard, probably similar to a UK cattle grid, to stop cattle getting through along the track.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/44%C2%B035'09.7%22N+113%C2%B027'43.7%22W/@44.5859583,-113.4621394,156m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d44.586014!4d-113.462129

From campsite, cattle guard is downstream about 400m, on the way to Leadore.
From campsite, the nearest end of stone reservoir is upstream about 310 metres, easily walked in a few minutes.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:08:54 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

...Why would VK head down, not up, to get a signal...?
IMO to drive from the campsite to a higher elevation you have to drive downhill first.
For example 172A then double-back on either 172 or 172B.
IMO one of those must be the track referred to in a video interview as the high road overlooking the campsite.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:26:43 PM by pegasus »