Author Topic: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?  (Read 111241 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »
This topic is not about the personality of Kate McCann.

IMO she is not in a position to lie if openly in a book about content that is not in files. She's got copies. Given to her by a solicitor.

The translation cost them 100 000 pounds.

Someone very lucky cashed on Madeleine again...

stephen25000

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
A clear, relative percentage set of figures to show child abductions in the UK and Portugal would be useful on this thread.

Offline John

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:06 AM »
The McCanns had the files that are on Internet, the same, no more, no less.
She can't say the truth about what she allegedly found in the files. She doesn't say the truth about discovering in the files that the reception lady wrote on a book that the kids were left alone. The register book doesn't bear such note and the statement of that lady doesn't say so.

Anne, acording to Dr Amaral this note does exist...        ...maybe he is lying too?

Quote from: Amaral book page 11
During the parents' dinner, the children again sleep alone.  A restaurant employee notes on the reception register that certain members of the group get up in turn to go to make sure they are OK.

Just because something isn't in the 'files', doesn't mean it didn't exist.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:40:12 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Estuarine

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
A clear, relative percentage set of figures to show child abductions in the UK and Portugal would be useful on this thread.

Which is roughly where we came in on page 2!  8(>((
You wouldn't want accurate figures getting in the way of a good bit of prestidigitation would you?
Anyway by definition anything emanating from Portugal is as bent as a nine bob note and can't be relied upon. I know that I read it on this site.
There are plenty of legs left in this Stephen. Jeez!

Offline John

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
Clearly there had been several attempts to snatch a child culminating in what many believe was the abduction of Madeleine.  Unfortunately, we may never know if they are connected.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »

Anne, acording to Dr Amaral this note does exist...        ...maybe he is lying too?

Just because something isn't in the 'files', doesn't mean it didn't exist.

I said it above, John, this is the only possible source for Mrs McCann's assumption (whether she read Mr Amaral's book in a "professional" translation as suggested at the trial or not). But it's not in the files and Mrs McCann says it is.
It's the same concerning the alleged predators found in children's beds, this is not in the files and she says it is.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
Clearly there had been several attempts to snatch a child culminating in what many believe was the abduction of Madeleine.  Unfortunately, we may never know if they are connected.
It is not clear at all, will this rumour bring many guests to your site ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
Are there two sets of files - one available to everyone and the other available only to a select few, other than the judiciary?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
It is not clear at all, will this rumour bring many guests to your site ?

Yes, everyone is going to see it and then will have it in their mind when going on holiday to Algarve..it will break the myths of 'a safe heaven for children' and cause the price drops .. so some people who own 10 apartments will earn less.. but it is worth it because the offender might finally get caught...

AnneGuedes

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »

So do you think Kate invented these 8 families who she claims in her book came forward to the UK police - or not then?
We don't know where those families come from, what we know is that Mrs McCann invented it was in the PJ files.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
We don't know where those families come from, what we know is that Mrs McCann invented it was in the PJ files.

I don't know what you know but you cannot say 'we' because what I know is that it is in the files..

AnneGuedes

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2014, 11:35:50 AM »
Are there two sets of files - one available to everyone and the other available only to a select few, other than the judiciary?
Of course not, we live in democracies. I'm not sure that the McCanns would have a look at the files that later were suppressed on British request, had they been assistants in the process.

Estuarine

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »

This certainly seems to be implied. The ones released to the public and the ones retained by the judiciary containing details that could not be released to the public. The sniff I am picking up is that the McCanns are so important that the Portuguese were compelled to release the other files to them. Oh what! tell it to the marines the sailors will not believe it.

Offline jassi

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »
Of course not, we live in democracies. I'm not sure that the McCanns would have a look at the files that later were suppressed on British request, had they been assistants in the process.

In that case, why should Mrs McCann say that this information was in the files if it isn't?
If she is mistaken about this, what else in her book might she be mistaken about?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
Some information is thought to have been edited out, including the identities of any convicted or suspected paedophiles living in the Algarve at the time Madeleine disappeared.http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/aug/05/madeleinemccann.portugal[/i]