Author Topic: Surely, scroungers should be removed, wherever they come from?  (Read 6134 times)

stephen25000

Surely, scroungers should be removed, wherever they come from.

Or are UK scroungers better than non-UK scroungers  ?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:49:58 PM by John »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Surely, scroungers should be removed, wherever they come from?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 03:49:00 PM »

No Stephen that is not the basis for my logic at all. I am saying inviting many millions of more scroungers does not make good economic sense- but if you feel this is what should be encouraged, then you are entitled to your view, however your fellow country men/women  who stand and queue for food bank hand outs, while illegal immigrants sit in a nice hotel eating food they don't need to pay for, is a bit much for some and they have just told you they don't want it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:50:19 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 03:53:03 PM »
No Stephen that is not the basis for my logic at all. I am saying inviting many millions of more scroungers does not make good economic sense- but if you feel this is what should be encouraged, then you are entitled to your view, however your fellow country men/women  who stand and queue for food bank hand outs, while illegal immigrants sit in a nice hotel eating food they don't need to pay for, is a bit much for some and they have just told you they don't want it.

Why do you think we are inviting millions of scroungers into this country ?

The majority who come here, come to work.

I blame the food banks on the UK GOVERNMENT and it's policies.

Foxtrot Alpha to do with immigration.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 04:14:57 PM »
Why do you think we are inviting millions of scroungers into this country ?

The majority who come here, come to work.

I blame the food banks on the UK GOVERNMENT and it's policies.

Foxtrot Alpha to do with immigration.

The majority of what? How many illegal immigrants are in this country?. How many migrants claim tax credits and nursery vouchers for  places which are scarce, how many immigrants get a 'free' education including in Scotland free university funding- when English students have to pay!? WTF.

How much does it cost to keep an illegal immigrant in this country. What is the annual legal bill for the 'human rights for them to stay'

according to you not much and we have change left to accommodate a few million more?

The UK Government are indeed the reason behind the benefit cuts because we are running out of money why can't people accept that fact. There is no open cheque book. Hence the > let's feed and house our own people first and let the asylum seekers seek asylum at the nearest port of call which incidentally NOT BRITAIN.

stephen25000

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »
The majority of what? How many illegal immigrants are in this country?. How many migrants claim tax credits and nursery vouchers for  places which are scarce, how many immigrants get a 'free' education including in Scotland free university funding- when English students have to pay!? WTF.

How much does it cost to keep an illegal immigrant in this country. What is the annual legal bill for the 'human rights for them to stay'

according to you not much and we have change left to accommodate a few million more?

The UK Government are indeed the reason behind the benefit cuts because we are running out of money why can't people accept that fact. There is no open cheque book. Hence the > let's feed and house our own people first and let the asylum seekers seek asylum at the nearest port of call which incidentally NOT BRITAIN.

The nearest asylum ports are in Europe.

As to running out of money, look arounder the world at the National debt clocks.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 04:52:14 PM »
The nearest asylum ports are in Europe.

As to running out of money, look arounder the world at the National debt clocks.

No not true  grab a map..http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-map-image.html    Turkey is not in EU  Yet! they can go east or south or west to muslim countires... Syrians are surounded by wealthy Muslim countries. Africans have many places nearer then EU countries. They come here for the 'free everything' and this is the greedy and well off who pay money, the reallu poor syrians are left to rot in a hell.. Nice people those asylum seekers only thinking of themselves. why not stay and fight?

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 06:04:00 PM »
No not true  grab a map..http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-map-image.html    Turkey is not in EU  Yet! they can go east or south or west to muslim countires... Syrians are surounded by wealthy Muslim countries. Africans have many places nearer then EU countries. They come here for the 'free everything' and this is the greedy and well off who pay money, the reallu poor syrians are left to rot in a hell.. Nice people those asylum seekers only thinking of themselves. why not stay and fight?

I was referring to the proximity of those seeking Asylum.

The European countries are a lot closer than the UK, in terms of ease of access.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 09:53:22 PM »
For info:  This is a relaunched discussion.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 01:23:13 AM »

Scroungers are scroungers what ever nation they come from

For a contracted period I ran an ordinary job club.  We provided a very pleasant environment with tables and chairs for each member.   Newpapers, computers, telephones if needed, writing paper and stamps.  Also volumes of Trade Directories etc for members use .  As well as warmth, tea and coffee and biscuits.  Plus moral support and help with producing a CV and presenting themselves at interview etc..   It was a positive, welcoming place and I encouraged rather than disparage them.  I watched them blossom, when they picked themselves up and realised their worth.

Now I will mention two anonymous members;

1)  An Asian man in his mid 50's, who was an experienced sheet metal worker ***.  A job he had done for a good number of years.  He became redundant, but found a job which was a quarter of a mile further away from his home than his previous job.  Both were within easy walking distance of home.   He refused to take it because of this extra distance.

I didn't think much of his apathy, but he had previously worked hard, was still trying for jobs, so I kept him on

2)  A strong looking white lad, a Brit, of 18 years.  He had never really worked at all.  He had been in the Club for about 2 months and despite encouragement, hadn't applied for a single job.  I eventually told him that I was excluding him from the Job Club and would have to report him to the Employment Services.  This was something that I did not like doing ... and only was forced to do on this one occasion.

He swore at me and was abusive, but left

Just a very simplistic example.  The white boy was definitely a scrounger.  Was the Asian?

*** The Asians job has been changed for total anonymity, but he was a skilled worker.

Offline mercury

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 01:34:10 AM »
youre more"entitled" to be a  "scrounger" or anything else  if you were born here with (and preferably with white skin) as its seen as taking the piss if you profess to come here to work and you dont (at all and for ages) (whereas a native can just take the piss doing the same)

Both sides have a point..somewhere

Its the system not the people, blame the govt
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:36:54 AM by mercury »

Offline Carana

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 05:40:01 AM »
This is the deal that Cameron did manage to negotiate back in February, which has de facto been scrapped, obviously.

EU reform deal: What Cameron wanted and what he got

20 February 2016

(snipped)

What the final deal said:

On in-work benefits: The Council would authorise that Member State to limit the access of newly arriving EU workers to non-contributory in-work benefits for a total period of up to four years from the commencement of employment. The limitation should be graduated, from an initial complete exclusion but gradually increasing access to such benefits to take account of the growing connection of the worker with the labour market of the host Member State. The authorisation would have a limited duration and apply to EU workers newly arriving during a period of 7 years.

On child benefit: A proposal to amend Regulation (EC) No 883/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the coordination of social security systems in order to give Member States, with regard to the exportation of child benefits to a Member State other than that where the worker resides, an option to index such benefits to the conditions of the Member State where the child resides. This should apply only to new claims made by EU workers in the host Member State. However, as from 1 January 2020, all Member States may extend indexation to existing claims to child benefits already exported by EU workers. The Commission does not intend to propose that the future system of optional indexation of child benefits be extended to other types of exportable benefits, such as old-age pensions;
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35622105

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 08:02:14 AM »

where would you remove them to...you obviously havent thought this through

stephen25000

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »

Interesting.

I did not start this thread, and some of my original content seems to be missing.

The post was done in irony in response to another poster.

Some it seems , do not get irony.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 08:26:55 AM »
Interesting.

I did not start this thread, and some of my original content seems to be missing.

The post was done in irony in response to another poster.

Some it seems , do not get irony.

if the post was meant to be ironic it looks as though you do not do irony

Alfie

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 08:32:15 AM »
This is a dumb thread but I don't hold Stephen responsible for it as it's clear it wasn' meant as a realistic suggestion.

*can't believe I'm defending Stephen*