Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413571 times)

Offline jassi

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1830 on: June 16, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »
that's not what kate is saying...if you cant understand...you cant understand

But that is what is quoted - though actually attributed to Gerry in the post above.

Are you claiming that what she said is being misreported?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1831 on: June 16, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »
But that is what is quoted - though actually attributed to Gerry in the post above.

Are you claiming that what she said is being misreported?

no
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:50:59 PM by John »

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1832 on: July 08, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »
just watched  on sky  martin brunt  said that kate  said in court that sean asked  gerry and kate if they hid maddies body  GAs lawer is now asking  questions

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #1833 on: July 08, 2014, 11:31:59 AM »
just watched  on sky  martin brunt  said that kate  said in court that sean asked  gerry and kate if they hid maddies body  GAs lawer is now asking  questions

No carlymichelle stop exaggerating martin said sean said did you hide madeleine..he did not say did you hide madeleine's body .....get it right before you jump in ...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1834 on: July 08, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
I'm just glad amaral has turned up with  a lawyer and the case is progressing

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1835 on: July 08, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »
Martin Brunt has tweeted that Dr Amaral unlike the Drs McCann had failed to appeal the court's decision about allowing them to speak.
Could this be the reason his lawyer was dismissed at the 11th hour?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1836 on: July 08, 2014, 01:51:55 PM »
Martin Brunt has tweeted that Dr Amaral unlike the Drs McCann had failed to appeal the court's decision about allowing them to speak.
Could this be the reason his lawyer was dismissed at the 11th hour?

Perhaps he didn't feel the need.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1837 on: July 08, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »
'I've heard since their lawyer has applied for yet another financial statement about Amaral's financial position'

Enough said.

The mccanns.........................

MONEY, MONEY and even more MONEY.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1838 on: July 08, 2014, 02:08:51 PM »
'I've heard since their lawyer has applied for yet another financial statement about Amaral's financial position'

Enough said.

The mccanns.........................

MONEY, MONEY and even more MONEY.

Is this one of the differences in the legal systems of Portugal and GB?

In Portugal ... the judge issues a firm instruction ... which the person to whom the instruction was directed shows contempt by ignoring it completely.

In GB ... the judge issues a firm instruction ... ignore it at your peril.

As an Officer of the Court, I would imagine Dr Amaral's previous lawyer advised him to submit to the judge's ruling on his requirement to submit financial statements to the court as instructed ... another possible reason for the parting of the ways?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Montclair

« Reply #1839 on: July 08, 2014, 02:42:04 PM »
Is this one of the differences in the legal systems of Portugal and GB?

In Portugal ... the judge issues a firm instruction ... which the person to whom the instruction was directed shows contempt by ignoring it completely.

In GB ... the judge issues a firm instruction ... ignore it at your peril.

As an Officer of the Court, I would imagine Dr Amaral's previous lawyer advised him to submit to the judge's ruling on his requirement to submit financial statements to the court as instructed ... another possible reason for the parting of the ways?

It is up to the publisher of the book to provide the information regarding how much the book made, not Gonçalo Amaral. BTW, it was Isabel Duarte who made this request, not the judge, thus delaying the trial even more. What a two faced #$%

It seems that things did not go very well for the McCanns. The judge put Gerry in his place.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:46:29 PM by Montclair »

Offline jassi

« Reply #1840 on: July 08, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »
I see the court session has finished for today. When is the next thrilling installment due ?

Or maybe not -

Offline John

« Reply #1841 on: July 08, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »
Kate and Gerry McCann provide depositions to the Lisbon Court.

Kate and Gerry McCann arrive at the Palace of Justice, Lisbon, Portugal, earlier today.

The McCann both delivered personal statements at Lisbon's Palace of Justice today in the libel case brought by them against Dr Gonçalo Amaral.  Kate McCann told the court that her son Sean had repeated allegations after hearing them on the radio on the school bus.

"Sean asked me in October, 'Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine'. I just said that he said a lot of silly things," she said.  Mrs McCann also told the court Mr Amaral's claims had done "severe damage" to efforts to find her daughter. She said that when she read the allegations she was "quite desperate because of the injustice I felt towards my daughter and our family as a whole".

"It was very painful to read and I also felt anxious and fearful because of the damage I felt it was doing here in Portugal," she said.

Mrs McCann also said she was aware that the couple did not have a high level of support in Portugal, telling the court she found that "distressing and upsetting because we need the Portuguese people to help us to find Madeleine".  She said: "It also makes me feel uneasy and uncomfortable when I come to Portugal because I think people are thinking negative or really bad things about us."

The McCann's outside Court after the hearing speak to the gathered Press.

Kate McCann added after the hearing: "It's never too late for someone to come forward with key information. And if this action helps us to reach that step, then it's a positive thing, and that's what we're aiming for."

Speaking outside the court, Gerry McCann also spoke about the couple's efforts to protect their children from press reports related to the case, saying: "Obviously they are not immune to the media. They hear things, they go to school, they hear the radio.

"They hear the theories and Sean has obviously asked Kate explicitly, 'Why did Mr Amaral say you hid Maddie?' - so we will have to deal with that and we are doing everything in our power."

"We hope that the current investigation being run by the Metropolitan Police does lead to a real breakthrough."

He added the couple feared that their daughter's kidnapper could strike again, and said the perpetrator must have laughed at Mr Amaral's claims.

The McCann's are suing Mr Amaral, his publisher and a company that produced a documentary based on his book for 1.2 million euros (£1m) in damages.

No date was set for the next hearing as investigators look into Mr Amaral's financial affairs

Closing speeches are not expected to take place before September.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:11:55 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #1842 on: July 08, 2014, 05:07:17 PM »

No carlymichelle stop exaggerating martin said sean said did you hide madeleine..he did not say did you hide madeleine's body .....get it right before you jump in ...

BUMP

Offline lizzibif

« Reply #1843 on: July 08, 2014, 05:18:13 PM »
Who was that silly cow shouting like a fish wifey outside the court....  @)(++(* bet Amaral was so proud of his lone fish wife with a gob supporter....  @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1844 on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »

1.50 to 1.51 on the video outside The Court.  Someone appears to be taking a photo of the hecklers from behind Kate and Gerry.