Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413534 times)

ferryman

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
If they were portuguese they would have been put in jail immediately,

Same as Leonor Cipriano was, you mean?

Because she could no longer tolerate the pain of being beaten with a bag over her head (to prevent her from identifying her torturers) and being forced to stand on broken glass (there certainly seems to be an understanding among certain elements within the PJ of the potential of the feet for inflicting pain) ...

stephen25000

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »
Dear God, do help me.  Are you saying that The Mcanns neglected their children, thereby allowing Madeleine to be abducted?  Or are you saying that The McCanns were instrumental in the death of their daughter?  It has to be one or the other.  Which is it?

However, Britain had long been aware of what might happen in such a case in Portugal, and so they sent The British Ambassador tout de bloody suite to make sure that it wouldn't happen again.
I would have expected nothing less.

...moderated ...

What planet are you living on.

There is no one to blame for what happened to Madeleine, other than her feckless irresponsible parents, who placed their selfish needs in front of their duty and responsibilities n keeping their children safe and away from harm.

Stop passing the buck to others.

Place the blame where it squarely responds.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:12:39 AM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »
If they were portuguese they would have been put in jail immediately,

Same as Leonor Cipriano was, you mean?

Because she could no longer tolerate the pain of being beaten with a bag over her head (to prevent her from identifying her torturers) and being forced to stand on broken glass (there certainly seems to be an understanding among certain elements within the PJ of the potential of the feet for inflicting pain) ...

Ah yes,

ferryman supporting the murderer again.

ferryman

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »
Ah yes,

ferryman supporting the murderer again.

Sadly, you are entitled to say that, because the Portuguese courts (in collective unwisdom) declined to see anything wrong with a 'confession' extorted out of a witness in police custody.

Shame on the Portuguese judiciary (which doesn't get everything wrong) ...

stephen25000

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »
Sadly, you are entitled to say that, because the Portuguese courts (in collective unwisdom) declined to see anything wrong with a 'confession' extorted out of a witness in police custody.

You assume this woman is innocent.

Why ?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »

Don't even bother to try to explain what could possibly be wrong with beating a witness to extract a confession.  They think that this is really good stuff.

Oh how I long sometimes for them to be unjustly accused..  My bad.

stephen25000

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »
Do b....r off.  So perfect as you might be.  You are fit only to bore the arse off a donkey.  God preserve me and my children from the likes of you.

Such pretentious arrogance and stupidity yet again

Again, abuse starts when you can't answer the salient points.

Offline Luz

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2013, 09:18:34 PM »
Anne, where are you?

Please tell us more about the trial - I couldn't go to Lisbon, too much work.

Offline Luz

« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2013, 09:48:48 PM »
Isabel Duarte speaking outside the court today admitted that she had been unable to locate the funds which Mr Amaral has accrued following the release of his book and DVD etc.

He has effectively hidden them.

By the way John, about the monies from the book...

I've stated earlier that Amaral had given most of the money by the book to charity, and I maintain that. Fortunately he has written 2 other books, but in Portugal you cannot live on that.

I hope that he kept some of the book's money for him and his family. He had wife and children, one of which was Madeleine's age. He was a forced absent father to that child while looking for the one that the McCann left alone in the apartment (according to their statements).

He had a house to pay in Portimão that he had to give up once returned to Faro PJ headquarters in October 2007, the kids changing school again, the wife that had gotten a new job there was suddenly without her husband again, his whole family life falling apart, because he chose to do his job honorably.

When he felt he had to retire he faced the worst choice a portuguese public servant has to make. When you retire before you completed your time you receive a miserable pension. He probably got little over the minimum salary, that in Portugal wouldn't pay for a weeks rent of a social housing in the UK.

To see this action of the McCann against this man can only generate indignation.

ferryman

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2013, 09:51:59 PM »
I've stated earlier that Amaral had given most of the money by the book to charity,

You may have stated that, but you've not provided the evidence to support your statement ...

Offline Luz

« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »
I've stated earlier that Amaral had given most of the money by the book to charity,

You may have stated that, but you've not provided the evidence to support your statement ...

to you I give  @)(++(* @)(++(*

Redblossom

« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »
Thanks for the previous and thanks for this one.  ?{)(**

Welcome Luz, boa noite

Goodnight
Buona sera
buenas Noches
Guten nacht
Bonne Nuite
Kallinichta

And to any welshies around nos da
 @)(++(*

stephen25000

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »
That's a bit like a pauper telling a millionaire to apply for a loan.

Get your own problems sorted first before even dreaming about "diagnosing" those of others ...

I don't have any.

Nil points on that one.

ferryman

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2013, 10:50:30 PM »
I don't have any.

Nil points on that one.

Denial.

The surest sign of those who most need help ...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:44 PM »
.... edited out deleted quote ...

If the Mccanns lose..it wont really make  a lot of difference...their reputation is shredded already in Portugal   ...they wont get  one million pounds...but they have got what they want...an investigation by SY.

If amaral loses ...he will be devastated. All the comments in the uk press re the disgraced cop will be magnified a hundred times....and he will have to pay the McCanns something
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:52:46 PM by Mr Moderator »