Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412208 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #825 on: November 20, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
So you think that a book which was published after the shelving of the case and before the re-opening of said case, negatively  impacted the search?

Surely if there was a causal link (which I don't think there is) the logical thing would be case closed = book published= case reopened, meaning that it had a positive impact.

What you appear to be arguing is that a book being published after the shelving of the case is having some kind of strange time travelling retroactive effect.

Admittedly it would be wicked cool if that were the case, but unless Dr Amaral has found a stable, transversable wormhole, B can not have an effect on A if A happened first.

EXACTLY.

This is the one thing people seem to forget the book was published AFTER THE FACT, not before, so how could it have influenced anyone....

The arguement should be anyway you dont need a book to read about the case the Internet is AWASH with it more then you can cope with.

Amarals was just a theory.

Money grabbing comes to mind ..... sue sue sue....it wont bring back the child will it.

Sadly.

Redblossom

« Reply #826 on: November 20, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »
EXACTLY.

This is the one thing people seem to forget the book was published AFTER THE FACT, not before, so how could it have influenced anyone....

The arguement should be anyway you dont need a book to read about the case the Internet is AWASH with it more then you can cope with.

Amarals was just a theory.

Money grabbing comes to mind ..... sue sue sue....it wont bring back the child will it.

Sadly.

No it wont. As Amaral has said in the past they wont find Madeleine in any PT court......but of course any monies they make will go straight in the fund to continue the search once SY have given up......you know the 11m quid projected that it will cost SY...if they make no progress....then the Mccanns can hire more PIs.....that might do better than SY and all their previous ones.....and Pj and LP...all clubbed together.....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:18:20 PM by Redblossom »

CPN

« Reply #827 on: November 20, 2013, 04:11:18 PM »
... troll quote deleted ...

A) that language is not necessary and says more about you than any posts could

and B) why do you consider it a disgrace? 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:30:37 PM by John »

Lyall

« Reply #828 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:47 PM »
Oh dear 8()-000(

Redblossom

« Reply #829 on: November 20, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »
... troll comment removed ...

ROFL....that didnt take long....must be the shortest lived troll to date...not even a half clever one....must learn how to do that glowy posting...obviously scotty is soooo proud of it hehe

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:32:52 PM by John »

Lyall

« Reply #830 on: November 20, 2013, 04:23:27 PM »
Scotty obviously doesn't get there would be no discussion of a libel trial if there was no libel trial.

CPN

« Reply #831 on: November 20, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »
Scotty  seems to have left the discussion without answering the perfectly reasonable question asked of him. Sad that....

Lyall

« Reply #832 on: November 20, 2013, 04:29:16 PM »
Scotty  seems to have left the discussion without answering the perfectly reasonable question asked of him. Sad that....

I've never seen a finer demonstration of dematerialization 8)-)))

Redblossom

« Reply #833 on: November 20, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
I've never seen a finer demonstration of dematerialization 8)-)))

Beamed away lol

Offline John

« Reply #834 on: November 20, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
Whooshed away to the troll graveyard.  RIP
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Lace

« Reply #835 on: November 20, 2013, 04:41:58 PM »
Can I just say that the McCann's are in no way stupid and neither is their lawyer.

If you think they are having a libel case,  because 'the book didn't influence the search for Madeleine' then why is there a libel case?

Why take someone to court if there is no evidence?

My opinion is that Amaral's book would have had an impact on any person who may have had evidence about what happened to Madeleine after the case was closed.

Especially those living in Portugal,  who would know Amaral and know he was the chief police officer in charge of the case.    He would have a great influence on what they thought about the McCann case.  Reading that Amaral had concluded that Madeleine had died in the apartment and that the McCann's were guilty of faking an abduction and hiding her body.  The TRUTH of the Lie the book was titled,  people would tend to believe what he wrote.

Anyone who may have had information about Madeleine or who had taken her would,  after reading Amaral's book think twice about what they knew.    Think,  Amaral says she is dead,  what I saw or heard couldn't be of any relevance.

Redblossom

« Reply #836 on: November 20, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
Can I just say that the McCann's are in no way stupid and neither is their lawyer.

If you think they are having a libel case,  because 'the book didn't influence the search for Madeleine' then why is there a libel case?

Why take someone to court if there is no evidence?

My opinion is that Amaral's book would have had an impact on any person who may have had evidence about what happened to Madeleine after the case was closed.

Especially those living in Portugal,  who would know Amaral and know he was the chief police officer in charge of the case.    He would have a great influence on what they thought about the McCann case.  Reading that Amaral had concluded that Madeleine had died in the apartment and that the McCann's were guilty of faking an abduction and hiding her body.  The TRUTH of the Lie the book was titled,  people would tend to believe what he wrote.

Anyone who may have had information about Madeleine or who had taken her would,  after reading Amaral's book think twice about what they knew.    Think,  Amaral says she is dead,  what I saw or heard couldn't be of any relevance.

Very very poor argument.....

CPN

« Reply #837 on: November 20, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Very very poor argument.....

At least Lace is prepared to put forward an argument, Redblossom, and not just abuse!

Redblossom

« Reply #838 on: November 20, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »
At least Lace is prepared to put forward an argument, Redblossom, and not just abuse!

Well thats credit to her but its still very poor......to say people who thought they had info would just say oh well I must be wrong.....cos Mr Amaral thinks this and that..... Sorry doesnt wash

CPN

« Reply #839 on: November 20, 2013, 04:51:57 PM »
Well thats credit to her but its still very poor......to say people who thought they had info would just say oh well I must be wrong.....cos Mr Amaral thinks this and that..... Sorry doesnt wash

Oh I agree - but the contrast with the late Scotty is very clear, whatever you think of the argument!