Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412177 times)

Offline Lace

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #840 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »
What about the people who rang in with sightings who were told that madeleine was dead?

These people seemed to believe what they were told.    Would that wash with you?

Redblossom

« Reply #841 on: November 20, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »
Oh I agree - but the contrast with the late Scotty is very clear, whatever you think of the argument!

I wasnt comparing

Redblossom

« Reply #842 on: November 20, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
What about the people who rang in with sightings who were told that madeleine was dead?

These people seemed to believe what they were told.    Would that wash with you?

Id like to see your hard evidence for that statement....

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #843 on: November 20, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »
ROFL....that didnt take long....must be the shortest lived troll to date...not even a half clever one....must learn how to do that glowy posting...obviously scotty is soooo proud of it hehe

Told you so he he....it was the scottish vernacular that gave the game away, just like old times 8**8:/:

Offline Lace

« Reply #844 on: November 20, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »
Id like to see your hard evidence for that statement....

There is evidence.

If there was an appeal out for anyone who had any information on the Madeleine McCann case to call the police.   Do you think someone who had read Amaral's book saying she was dead and the McCann's were guilty,  might think  twice about ringing in with what ever information they might have?

Offline John

« Reply #845 on: November 20, 2013, 05:01:33 PM »
I have just had yesterdays Report back from Anne and will be posting it within the hour.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #846 on: November 20, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
Can I just say that the McCann's are in no way stupid and neither is their lawyer.

If you think they are having a libel case,  because 'the book didn't influence the search for Madeleine' then why is there a libel case?

Why take someone to court if there is no evidence?

My opinion is that Amaral's book would have had an impact on any person who may have had evidence about what happened to Madeleine after the case was closed.

Especially those living in Portugal,  who would know Amaral and know he was the chief police officer in charge of the case.    He would have a great influence on what they thought about the McCann case.  Reading that Amaral had concluded that Madeleine had died in the apartment and that the McCann's were guilty of faking an abduction and hiding her body.  The TRUTH of the Lie the book was titled,  people would tend to believe what he wrote.

Anyone who may have had information about Madeleine or who had taken her would,  after reading Amaral's book think twice about what they knew.    Think,  Amaral says she is dead,  what I saw or heard couldn't be of any relevance.

Fair point, BUT the book was published AFTER the case was CLOSED. Surely any EVIDENCE should have been mooted before the case was closed, then perhaps it would still be OPEN.

EVEN with all this new stuff from SY and PJ there is NOTHING NEW....so the point is Amarals book was just that a book.

I am sure the Portugese are not so stupid as to ignore really important evidence just because they read the book.....

The point also is THEY DIDNT NEED TO READ THE BOOK, the Internet is awash with stuff about the child, and so many forums its hard to keep up with them all.

Redblossom

« Reply #847 on: November 20, 2013, 05:03:59 PM »
There is evidence.

If there was an appeal out for anyone who had any information on the Madeleine McCann case to call the police.   Do you think someone who had read Amaral's book saying she was dead and the McCann's were guilty,  might think  twice about ringing in with what ever information they might have?

So where is it?

And no I dont think anyone having information on a kidnapping or people or associates would not call the police because they read a book.......in the same vein as if I spotted a child that was the spit of Maddie I would report it.books or no books....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:06:08 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Lace

« Reply #848 on: November 20, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
You say it is a poor argument Redblossom.

Yet look at the people who say the McCann's are guilty.    They mock the sightings.   They believe Amaral.

Do you think they would bother ringing the police if they think they saw Madeleine?

Offline Lace

« Reply #849 on: November 20, 2013, 05:06:18 PM »
So where is it?

And no I dont think anyone having information on a kidnapping or people or associates would not call the police because they read a book.......in the same vein as if I spotted a child that was e apit of Maddie I would report it.books or no books.....

Well that is you isn't it.

The McCann's lawyer said a lot of people are against her in Portugal.   She said she can't talk about the case to many people.

Amaral was a senior police officer,  people looked up to him and admired him.   His book would definitely influence peoples way of thinking.

Lyall

« Reply #850 on: November 20, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »

Yet look at the people who say the McCann's are guilty.    They mock the sightings.   They believe Amaral.

Do you think they would bother ringing the police if they think they saw Madeleine?

No, most of them outside Portugal still don't know who Mr Amaral is. They remember what the newspapers said, nearly a year before the publication of Mr Amaral's book.

Offline Lace

« Reply #851 on: November 20, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »
Well we will see how many books he sold soon won't we.

Redblossom

« Reply #852 on: November 20, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »

Now you are being silly......no, of course, if I saw a child who I thought might be Maddie I would keep it all to myself cos I believe Amaral.....listen to yourself....out of here
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:10:07 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

« Reply #853 on: November 20, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

The McCann's lawyer said a lot of people are against her in Portugal.   She said she can't talk about the case to many people.

Amaral was a senior police officer,  people looked up to him and admired him.   His book would definitely influence peoples way of thinking.

Newspapers, Lace. You can't just erase from history what they did, and blame absolutely everything on Mr Amaral.

Redblossom

« Reply #854 on: November 20, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »

Maybe youre wrongly conflating  two issues.....and to think either of em would have any bearing in NOT reporting information is still silly to me bbl
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:13:42 PM by Redblossom »