Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412204 times)

Conkers

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #885 on: November 21, 2013, 03:35:48 AM »
Some people on this Forum believe the lies and innuendo in Amaral's book.  So why not in Portugal?

However, I do have to say that not all Portuguese people are thus affected.

One would have hoped that Duarte's friends knew her better than to believe ''the lies and innuendo''.  She's trying to do her job - who's to say she believes the McCann's?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #886 on: November 21, 2013, 03:49:28 AM »
One would have hoped that Duarte's friends knew her better than to believe ''the lies and innuendo''.  She's trying to do her job - who's to say she believes the McCann's?

I don't think that is quite the point.  The friends and acquaintances are quite at liberty to believe the lies and innuendo.  It is the fact that they believed them so strongly as to ostracise her that is worrying.

icabodcrane

« Reply #887 on: November 21, 2013, 03:58:00 AM »
I don't think that is quite the point.  The friends and acquaintances are quite at liberty to believe the lies and innuendo.  It is the fact that they believed them so strongly as to ostracise her that is worrying.

What nonsense 

You don't believe that for  a moment do you Eleanor ...  not really  ?

You know that the circle of friends Isabel Duarte has would accept it even if she  were  defending people who were  'perhaps' guilty ...  and would  not  dream  of  'ostracising'  her because of it

You know that really,  don't you  ?   ...  of course you do

Online Eleanor

« Reply #888 on: November 21, 2013, 04:02:12 AM »
What nonsense 

You don't believe that for  a moment do you Eleanor ...  not really  ?

You know that the circle of friends Isabel Duarte has would accept it even if she  were  defending people who were  'perhaps' guilty ...  and would  not  dream  of  'ostracising'  her because of it

You know that really,  don't you  ?   ...  of course you do

No, I don't know that.  Large numbers of people just don't understand the role of a Barrister.  Or are you accusing Isobel Duarte of lying?

Conkers

« Reply #889 on: November 21, 2013, 04:09:36 AM »

If it's true that they ostracised her Eleanor.  What reason is there for her to state that to the watching world? I'm sure enough of myself and my friends that in her position I wouldn't dream of dragging in my friends to bolster my professional work. 

Would you?

I don't think so, having read your posts elsewhere.

Tired now. Goodnight xx

Online Eleanor

« Reply #890 on: November 21, 2013, 04:19:23 AM »
If it's true that they ostracised her Eleanor.  What reason is there for her to state that to the watching world? I'm sure enough of myself and my friends that in her position I wouldn't dream of dragging in my friends to bolster my professional work. 

Would you?

I don't think so, having read your posts elsewhere.

Tired now. Goodnight xx

Have you never seen someone commenting or heard someone saying, "How can that person defend such a vile criminal?"  I have, many times.
And I very much doubt that Isobel Duarte is lying about this.

Conkers

« Reply #891 on: November 21, 2013, 04:42:19 AM »
Have you never seen someone commenting or heard someone saying, "How can that person defend such a vile criminal?"  I have, many times.
And I very much doubt that Isobel Duarte is lying about this.

I had to log back in to answer you.

Of course I've said it myself many, many times.

Through my OH and his love and respect of the law I grew to understand that everyone is entitled to a Defence.

Hopefully liars will be revealed if they can be brought into court. Therein lies the problem with the McCann's.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #892 on: November 21, 2013, 04:53:23 AM »
I had to log back in to answer you.

Of course I've said it myself many, many times.

Through my OH and his love and respect of the law I grew to understand that everyone is entitled to a Defence.

Hopefully liars will be revealed if they can be brought into court. Therein lies the problem with the McCann's.

Thanks for your answer.

The McCanns are not on trial here.  In fact they have never even been arrested, let alone charged or brought to trial.

Amaral is on trial, and he is already a convicted liar, so it isn't difficult to see that he has a problem with the truth.
And then he was on TV last week, doing it again.  And if that isn't asking for trouble then I don't know what is.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #893 on: November 21, 2013, 04:53:52 AM »
Her name is Isabel not Isobel!

Offline Montclair

« Reply #894 on: November 21, 2013, 04:56:11 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

The McCanns are not on trial here.  In fact they have never even been arrested, let alone charged or brought to trial.

Amaral is on trial, and he is already a convicted liar, so it isn't difficult to see that he has a problem with the truth.
And then he was on TV last week, doing it again.  And if that isn't asking for trouble then I don't know what is.

I don't think that Gonçalo Amaral will have any problems speaking to the judge or answering her questions. The McCanns have only up until now answered preplanned questions in all their interviews, now this will be different.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #895 on: November 21, 2013, 04:59:57 AM »
Her name is Isabel not Isobel!

Thank you for correcting me.

As far as I understand The McCanns only wish to give a personal statement about how upset and devastated they were.  There really isn't much to question about that.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #896 on: November 21, 2013, 06:15:11 AM »

What a load of rubbish really. I got confused it doesnt take much i thought you were talking about Mrs McCann but your talking about their barrister or whatever she is.

To become a barrister one would think you had the hide of a rhino. The job cant be easy for sure especially defending dodgy people.

Its more likely her so called friends just wanted an EXCUSE not to speak to her lol....sounds a bit off the wall to me.

I do not for one minute believe this is true or happened. No one is going to ignore a true friend because of Amarals book, which actually I found quite balanced.

Actually the truth of it, i wish they asked us the public, it was never Amaral who changed my mind about the parents, it was the DOGS and their reaction to them.

Gerry McCann....."Ask the dogs" Sandra......

Sandra: But this is the first time that you give us a big interview not being arguidos, not being arguidos. Since then. erm. So now I feel free to ask you this directly. How can you explain the coincidence of the scent of cadaver found by british and not portuguese dogs?

Kate: Sandra, maybe you should ask the judiciary because they have examined all evidence. I mean we are also Madeleine's mum and dad and we are desperate for people to help us find Madeleine which is why we are here today. The majority of people are inherently good and I believe the majority of people in Portugal are inherently good people and I am asking them if they will help us spread this message to that person or people...

Sandra: So you don't have an explanation for that?

Gerry: Ask the dogs (smirk) Sandra.

Sandra: Ask the dogs? No Gerry. Now I feel free to ask you, don't you feel free to answer me?

Gerry: I can tell you that we have also looked at evidence about (haha) cadaver dogs and they are incredibly unreliable.

Sandra: Unreliable?

Gerry: Cadaver dogs, yes. That's what the evidence shows, if they are tested scientifically.

I KNEW THEN there was something fishy about all this. IF british dogs of high calibre were brought in at great expense to find some EVIDENCE and they did, and I was INNOCENT, I would sure as hell want to know what could have happened.

No it wasnt Amarals book that turned me it was his dismissive attitude that did it for me.....

Redblossom

« Reply #897 on: November 22, 2013, 10:06:35 PM »
What a load of rubbish really. I got confused it doesnt take much i thought you were talking about Mrs McCann but your talking about their barrister or whatever she is.

To become a barrister one would think you had the hide of a rhino. The job cant be easy for sure especially defending dodgy people.

Its more likely her so called friends just wanted an EXCUSE not to speak to her lol....sounds a bit off the wall to me.

I do not for one minute believe this is true or happened. No one is going to ignore a true friend because of Amarals book, which actually I found quite balanced.

Actually the truth of it, i wish they asked us the public, it was never Amaral who changed my mind about the parents, it was the DOGS and their reaction to them.

Gerry McCann....."Ask the dogs" Sandra......

Sandra: But this is the first time that you give us a big interview not being arguidos, not being arguidos. Since then. erm. So now I feel free to ask you this directly. How can you explain the coincidence of the scent of cadaver found by british and not portuguese dogs?

Kate: Sandra, maybe you should ask the judiciary because they have examined all evidence. I mean we are also Madeleine's mum and dad and we are desperate for people to help us find Madeleine which is why we are here today. The majority of people are inherently good and I believe the majority of people in Portugal are inherently good people and I am asking them if they will help us spread this message to that person or people...

Sandra: So you don't have an explanation for that?

Gerry: Ask the dogs (smirk) Sandra.

Sandra: Ask the dogs? No Gerry. Now I feel free to ask you, don't you feel free to answer me?

Gerry: I can tell you that we have also looked at evidence about (haha) cadaver dogs and they are incredibly unreliable.

Sandra: Unreliable?

Gerry: Cadaver dogs, yes. That's what the evidence shows, if they are tested scientifically.

I KNEW THEN there was something fishy about all this. IF british dogs of high calibre were brought in at great expense to find some EVIDENCE and they did, and I was INNOCENT, I would sure as hell want to know what could have happened.

No it wasnt Amarals book that turned me it was his dismissive attitude that did it for me.....

What on earth is KM talking about when asked a question about the dogs...answering with.. We believe most people are good people???? Does she live on this planet?
 @)(++(*

As for Gerrys so called research into cadaver dogs and asserting they are incredibly unreliable, obviously his research was deeply flawed.......

I agree with you colombo.....their attitude was a huge red flag....insteadof asking how could this be, what could it mean, they were worried,  they went on the defensive....trying to trash cadaver dogs..... Up to recent couple years in Kates book where she said she was relieved when the dog barked as it proved it was unscientific..... and that he was only doing so to please his master.....can you believe the brass neck scoffing of a professional and in effect of all cadaver dogs and handlers and police forces who use them......not  to mention the absolute lie that cadaver scent lasts no longer than a month...still the sheeples reading wont know any different will they? same as they wont know the other likkle porkies told in it

@)(++(*

Well, its a bit of a graveyard here tonight, so BBL maybe

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:17:47 PM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #898 on: November 23, 2013, 12:25:19 AM »
So, Amaral will now have to hand in all the dirty money he has made off Madeleine's case?

It would be really cool it this money is given to a good cause.. like for example Missing People charity.. ?>)()<

Benita

« Reply #899 on: November 23, 2013, 12:28:12 AM »
Court Orders Madeleine McCann Detective Goncalo Amaral to Reveal Earnings from Conspiracy Book

A judge in Lisbon has ordered Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral to reveal how much he earned from a book he wrote, claiming Madeleine McCann was dead and her parents were to blame.

Goncalo Amaral must hand over receipts showing how much he raked in from sales of his 2008 book The Truth of the Lie.

The order was made during Amaral's trial for libel. Kate and Gerry McCann are suing him for £1m over defamatory claims against them.

The producers of a TV documentary must also reveal how much Amaral, 56, was paid to take part in it, the court ruled.

The Truth of the Lie remains unpublished in Britain because of its explosive allegations, which led to Amaral being discredited as a reliable source of insight about events surrounding Madeleine's disappearance.

It was released only three days after Kate and Gerry were dropped as suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine, one year after she vanished in 2007.

Former police chief Amaral claimed in his book that Madeleine died in the apartment block in Praia da Luz and that her parents constructed the disappearance narrative to cover it up.

He denies defamation. ?>)()<

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:30:04 AM by Benita »