Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412205 times)

Offline Victoria

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #930 on: November 27, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »
As Redblossom has already posted, the Judge has deferred making a decision on whether the parties will be allowed to submit statements to the court until the next hearing which will be on 7th January 2014.

Another witness, Paulo Sargento, was today dismissed and will no longer give evidence to the court.

More later...

Another huge blow for the defence, losing their criminal psychologist. Oh dear o dear.

Offline Rogerandout

• Upholder of Verifiable Scientific Truth
« Reply #931 on: November 27, 2013, 05:24:43 PM »
Thanks John

So a trial that was originally set  to last three weeks goes into the fifth month !

Have you not read Bleak House?
I

Online Eleanor

« Reply #932 on: November 27, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »
As Redblossom has already posted, the Judge has deferred making a decision on whether the parties will be allowed to submit statements to the court until the next hearing which will be on 7th January 2014.

Another witness, Paulo Sargento, was today dismissed and will no longer give evidence to the court.

More later...

Oh My God.  Not The Paulo Sargento who purports to to be a Forensic Psychologist, and who said that Leonor Cipriano was guilty because she was wearing a black blouse and red trouser?

Very sensible to dismiss him.  The man is an old school .....moderated.....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:32:16 PM by Angelo222 »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #933 on: November 27, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »
Have you not read Bleak House?

Animal Farm might be a better idea.  How boring was that?

Offline Rogerandout

• Upholder of Verifiable Scientific Truth
« Reply #934 on: November 27, 2013, 05:36:44 PM »
Animal Farm might be a better idea.  How boring was that?

I was thinking of the length of the Jarndyce v Jarndyce case!
I

Redblossom

« Reply #935 on: November 27, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »
Oh My God.  Not The Paulo Sargento who purports to to be a Forensic Psychologist, and who said that Leonor Cipriano was guilty because she was wearing a black blouse and red trouser?

Very sensible to dismiss him.  The man is an old school    ...moderated...

Why do you say he purports to be a psychologist? Why the continual denigration of anyone whose views you cant stand? he is...he is a criminal psychologist and a university professor...I think he probably knows more about crime and psychology and whatever else he has studied than Richard Judy or Lorraine.....or other such ignorant pillocks....or you.....as for beng a fascist...well, that does roll off your tongue so often and so easily all the time....!!! You dont know his political views, youre the only  one purporting here

Look him up at Lusofona Uni...he no more purports that he is a said professional than gerry mccann purports to be a heart consultant

Eta as for hm sayng smeone must be guilty of a heinous crime because they wore a black blouse...well, Im sure that is a disingenuous and out of context exageration of what was actually said........

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:33:08 PM by Angelo222 »

icabodcrane

« Reply #936 on: November 27, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »
I was thinking of the length of the Jarndyce v Jarndyce case!

There's more of Shakespeare than Dickens about this case

...  Merchant of Venice as opposed to Bleak House

Cariad

« Reply #937 on: November 27, 2013, 05:54:27 PM »
There's more of Shakespeare than Dickens about this case

...  Merchant of Venice as opposed to Bleak House

I hate to lower the tone, but It's more of a carry on film if you ask me.

Carry on suing!

I don't know if this is standard practice in Portugal or its just this case, but it ain't 'alf dragging on!

Offline Benice

« Reply #938 on: November 27, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
I hate to lower the tone, but It's more of a carry on film if you ask me.

Carry on suing!

I don't know if this is standard practice in Portugal or its just this case, but it ain't 'alf dragging on!

If no-one had libelled the McCanns in the first place - there would be no need for any libel cases.

If I had been publically and repeatedly wrongly accused of hideous crimes against my own child - I would want to do exactly the same as the McCanns.   I can't imagine why any normal person would not want to.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #939 on: November 27, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »
If no-one had libelled the McCanns in the first place - there would be no need for any libel cases.

If I had been publically and repeatedly wrongly accused of hideous crimes against my own child - I would want to do exactly the same as the McCanns.   I can't imagine why any normal person would not want to.

It goes without saying, they brought it all upon their own heads.   As for libelling them, well, isn't that what this fiasco is all about?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #940 on: November 27, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
Why do you say he purports to be a psychologist? Why the continual denigration of anyone whose views you cant stand? he is...he is a criminal psychologist and a university professor...I think he probably knows more about crime and psychology and whatever else he has studied than Richard Judy or Lorraine.....or other such ignorant pillocks....or you.....as for beng a fascist...well, that does roll off your tongue so often and so easily all the time....!!! You dont know his political views, youre the only  one purporting here

Look him up at Lusofona Uni...he no more purports that he is a said professional than gerry mccann purports to be a heart consultant

Eta as for hm sayng smeone must be guilty of a heinous crime because they wore a black blouse...well, Im sure that is a disingenuous and out of context exageration of what was actually said........

But he has been dismissed.  Or would you like to argue that one?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #941 on: November 27, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

It goes without saying, they brought it all upon their own heads.   As for libelling them, well, isn't that what this fiasco is all about?

Only in your opinion.  Although no doubt you are perfection personified, in your opinion.

Redblossom

« Reply #942 on: November 27, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »

So what? You dont know the whys or wherefores and it also doesnt make your original post any better....purporting that he really cant be a psychologist......and would I argue with a fact? Silly question.....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #943 on: November 27, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »

The way I see it Eleanor, the defence don't need him to testify and if the McCanns cannot bring anything else to the table than what we have already heard then I don't hold out much chance of a million quid going to Rothley or anywhere else for that matter.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Redblossom

« Reply #944 on: November 27, 2013, 07:01:22 PM »

So much wrong with this post......you dont KNOW  they have been libelled therefore are in no position to state it as a fact and  therefore the rest of your post is nonsense.....or rather just a hypothetical situation, and as such, has some merit....Id wait for  the judges verdict if I were you.....a police theory, held by a team as well, cannot be libel anyhow.....thats going from the ridiculous to the sublime....JMO