Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412135 times)

icabodcrane

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1200 on: December 02, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »
I know there is no such legal process..just try googling it...as there is no such legal process I can use the word in  a non legal sense...therefore I am free to say they have been cleared and no one can contradict me

The Portuguese Public Prosecutor contradicts you

When archiving the case he  'left on the table' Neglectful Homicide  as a possibility  ...  after having pointed out that the McCanns failed to prove their innocence by not taking part in the reconstruction requested by police

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1201 on: December 02, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
You hit the nail right on the head there. Of course people are considered completely innocent if somebody else is subsequently proven to have been responsible. We can all think of high profile cases where this is not the case, and compensation has been refused after release from prison.

In the McCann case it doesn't matter how many times you state the police have declared they aren't suspects, six and a half years later the public has yet to see a single piece of evidence to suggest others were responsible. That's your problem.

even that isn't true...you obviously aren't quite as smart as you think you are...think "patsy"

the Mccanns have been cleared...get over it

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1202 on: December 02, 2013, 07:56:28 PM »
The Portuguese Public Prosecutor contradicts you

When archiving the case he  'left on the table' Neglectful Homicide  as a possibility  ...  after having pointed out that the McCanns failed to prove their innocence by not taking part in the reconstruction requested by police

He never said that...as anyone with any sense would understand..its impossible to prove innocence

try looking at the original Portuguese...not the translation

Lyall

« Reply #1203 on: December 02, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »
even that isn't true...you obviously aren't quite as smart as you think you are...think "patsy"

the Mccanns have been cleared...get over it

Patsy? Kensit? Palmer? Lee Harvey Oswald? >@@(*&) What do you mean?

icabodcrane

« Reply #1204 on: December 02, 2013, 08:00:02 PM »
He never said that...as anyone with any sense would understand..its impossible to prove innocence

I don't speak/read  Portuguese so there wouldn't be much point in that

Are you saying that the translation we all refer to is incorrect  ?  ...  and that you have access to another one  ? 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:02:05 PM by icabodcrane »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1205 on: December 02, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »
Patsy? Kensit? Palmer? Lee Harvey Oswald? >@@(*&) What do you mean?

think Hewlett

Urban Dictionary: patsy

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=patsy‎

scapegoat. red herring. person accused of a something as a cover for a bigger more elaborate crime.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1206 on: December 02, 2013, 08:01:48 PM »
they were cleared
Cross your fingers, they might be in the next AG report.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1207 on: December 02, 2013, 08:02:43 PM »
I don't speak/read  Portuguese so there wouldn't be much point in that

Are you saying that the translation we all refer to is incorrect  ?  ...  and that you have access to another one  ?  n you tell me

ive pointed it out several times on this forum..ask Anne...university challenge beckons

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1208 on: December 02, 2013, 08:08:02 PM »
This is why they should have claimed they wanted to reconstruct, as the AG suggested.
But this is a secondary issue.
If there's something the AG report shows clearly it is that the investigation focused on what happened to Madeleine, a crime that couldn't be determined, and not on her parents.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1209 on: December 02, 2013, 08:09:34 PM »
ive pointed it out several times on this forum..ask Anne...university challenge beckons
Could you remind us what it was and your proposal of a new translation, please ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1210 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:35 PM »
@Ichabodcrane

Sorry if you don't speak Portuguese but I do.

Negligible homicide?   Hasn't this guy ever heard of the term' manslaughter'?
Negligible homicide ? What's that ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1211 on: December 02, 2013, 08:12:55 PM »
I know there is no such legal process..just try googling it...as there is no such legal process I can use the word in  a non legal sense...therefore I am free to say they have been cleared and no one can contradict me
Ah ! Will you sleep better to-night ?

Offline Rogerandout

• Upholder of Verifiable Scientific Truth
« Reply #1212 on: December 02, 2013, 08:15:11 PM »

And equally I can say that they have not been.
I

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1213 on: December 03, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
And equally I can say that they have not been.

yes you can...but you cannot contradict me as you have tried to do...saying they have been cleared is a reasonable observation...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:40:34 AM by davel »

Offline Rogerandout

• Upholder of Verifiable Scientific Truth
« Reply #1214 on: December 03, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »
yes you can...but you cannot contradict me as you have tried to do...saying they have been cleared is a reasonable observation...

Except meaningless in law. All your statement means is "As they have not been charged, I believe that they are not guilty" which places them in the same position as any other person with opportunity and means- innocent until proven otherwise.
I