Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412208 times)

Offline jassi

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1575 on: January 08, 2014, 11:32:56 AM »
No point in mentioning those who have survived, few though they may be.  But then I'm with the Taken for a Childless Couple Brigade. I always have been an optimist.  And it has happened.
It seems to me that too much trouble went into this to be for a Paedophile.

Occasionally I have the irrational thought that it might have been 'removal by arrangement', but that everything went pear-shaped when the family fell under suspicion and that everything that has subsequently happened has been an attempt to exonerate the family from responsibility.

Irrational, as I say, for despite the barrage of publicity, there has never been a single hint of her being alive, safe and well in the bosom of a loving family.  Additionally, there is not a shred of evidence to support this idea.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #1576 on: January 08, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
Occasionally I have the irrational thought that it might have been 'removal by arrangement', but that everything went pear-shaped when the family fell under suspicion and that everything that has subsequently happened has been an attempt to exonerate the family from responsibility.

Irrational, as I say, for despite the barrage of publicity, there has never been a single hint of her being alive, safe and well in the bosom of a loving family.  Additionally, there is not a shred of evidence to support this idea.

@)(++(*

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/childless-couple-in-link-to-maddie-mystery

tempted fate there didn't you?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1577 on: January 08, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »
@)(++(*

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/childless-couple-in-link-to-maddie-mystery

tempted fate there didn't you?

Don't think I've actually seen that before. Is it recent, or from years ago.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1578 on: January 08, 2014, 11:54:56 AM »

Redblossom

« Reply #1579 on: January 08, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Yeh this was last year in July nothing happened then.....
thanks colombo
Seems all the gypsies, white van drivers, cleaners, childless couples, paedophiles, dead thieving tractor drivers, insidious or disgruntled OC employyes and their aunts and uncles,  A.N. Other, any one else looked at comes to nothng in the end.....curiouser and curiouser as said in alice in wonderland...up to burglars now.?..and as some suggest traffickers for organs.........lets see what transpires

Blimey, so easy to go off topic....So when does the trial resume?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:06:14 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1580 on: January 08, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »
Surprised Guedes isn't around to tell us. Funny, that.

Well it has gone a bit beyond the sublime, hasn't it.

I read Friday somewhere, but it didn't say which Friday.  At this rate we'll be lucky if it's before Good Friday in some year or another.

Redblossom

« Reply #1581 on: January 08, 2014, 01:11:42 PM »
Well it has gone a bit beyond the sublime, hasn't it.

I read Friday somewhere, but it didn't say which Friday.  At this rate we'll be lucky if it's before Good Friday in some year or another.

Wild exagerrations get you nowhere.....learn patience

@)(++(*

Offline jassi

« Reply #1582 on: January 08, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »
Wild exagerrations get you nowhere.....learn patience

@)(++(*

Quite. The outcome is only going to affect a couple of people anyway and is of no great importance to the world in general.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1583 on: January 08, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »

One can't help wondering what would be said if The McCanns were producing all of these delaying tactics.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1584 on: January 08, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
Well they need to sue who ever does the stats then, as statistically speaking sadly if she was taken away by a pedophile, she will have died within about 3 hours of her being taken.

That's fact not fiction sadly.

Children under 5 who are taken are usually found dead sadly unless its a baby. Its a horrible world out there.

Hmmm. I'm not too sure about that.

Acting quickly is critical. Seventy-four percent of abducted children who are ultimately murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.
http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/stranger-safety/child-abduction-facts/

Offline Montclair

« Reply #1585 on: January 08, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
One can't help wondering what would be said if The McCanns were producing all of these delaying tactics.

How do you know that it wasn't the McCanns who presented a document to the court?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1586 on: January 08, 2014, 04:11:43 PM »
How do you know that it wasn't the McCanns who presented a document to the court?
Twitter said it was amarel...has he denied it?

Offline Montclair

« Reply #1587 on: January 08, 2014, 05:13:55 PM »
Twitter said it was amarel...has he denied it?

Why does he have to deny anything at all, especially something that he hasn't done?

Offline Montclair

« Reply #1588 on: January 08, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »
Nobody can say what happened because the postponement was not decided in an open court session.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:11:29 PM by John »

Cariad

« Reply #1589 on: January 08, 2014, 05:52:42 PM »
Splitting up twins would have been immensely psychologically damaging for the child.  Both children actually, but you know what I mean.

I don't imagine someone stealing a child would be overly concerned about emotionally damaging the child. In those circumstances a younger child would be preferable surly?