Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412203 times)

ferryman

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1650 on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »
It was Isabel Duarte who requested the postponement, when she submitted some document re Alan Pike.

So it had nothing to do with this Portuguese footballer who died, then?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1651 on: January 10, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
Just another myth  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Estuarine

« Reply #1652 on: January 10, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
So is she on The Writ or not?

But don't worry about it because I expect we will find out soon.

If anyone is interested a copy of the writ is floating about on The McCann Files

stephen25000

« Reply #1653 on: January 10, 2014, 12:16:29 PM »
Just another myth  8(0(*

The mccanns, associates and supporters have spread so many.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1654 on: January 10, 2014, 12:21:24 PM »
The mccanns, associates and supporters have spread so many.

I have difficulty keep up, but I guess that is the intent.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1655 on: January 10, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »
It was Isabel Duarte who requested the postponement, when she submitted some document re Alan Pike.

Right, and nothing to do with the fact that the other side submitted a new argument at the eleventh hour, in respect of an issue that could have been dealt with months ago? That had absolutely nothing to do with the postponement? Keep spinning, old chum.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1656 on: January 10, 2014, 12:31:42 PM »

Does Amaral have fifteen days to produce the documents?  Or did I get that wrong?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1657 on: January 10, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »
Just repeating this as there is a lot of speculation that it was Goncalo Amaral who  delayed the libel trial going ahead on the 7th when in fact it was the McCann's lawyer Isabel Duarte who requested a postponement.

'Posted with kind permission from astro

Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer filed a request for the court to evaluate the McCann couple's legitimacy to file a lawsuit in their daughter's name, as she is a Ward of Court in the UK.

He did not ask for any postponement. It was the judge that issued a 15-day deadline for him to submit the relevant documentation.

Afterwards, Dr Isabel Duarte filed a document that is related to Mr Alan Pike, and asked for a postponement of Tuesday's session.

This information is not covered by judicial secrecy and can be freely shared.'

Gosh.  Look at this.  Fifteen Days to submit relevant documentation, which Amaral obviously didn't submit at the time.

Sounds like a postponement to me.

Offline John

« Reply #1658 on: January 10, 2014, 12:37:24 PM »

Can you answer this one Montclair.  For those of us who were wanting to attend the sitting on the 7 January and who had flights and accommodation booked, finding out a few hours beforehand is not acceptable.  Does the court not give proper advance warning of these postponements and if so, where please?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #1659 on: January 10, 2014, 12:45:35 PM »
So it had nothing to do with this Portuguese footballer who died, then?

For heavens sake, courts of law aren't influenced by dead footballers.  Jessssus!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1660 on: January 10, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »
Gosh.  Look at this.  Fifteen Days to submit relevant documentation, which Amaral obviously didn't submit at the time.

Sounds like a postponement to me.

What documents might they be, do you think ?

Or maybe not -

Offline John

« Reply #1661 on: January 10, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »

The payment receipts he got from book sales.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1662 on: January 10, 2014, 12:51:28 PM »
The payment receipts he got from book sales.

No.  It's to do with the Ward of Court issue.

Cariad

« Reply #1663 on: January 10, 2014, 12:56:31 PM »
I haven't got a clue what's going on, or who said what, did what and postponed what!

Has Dr Amaral submitted reciepts?

Has Dr Amaral and co brought something up about the ward of court business at the last minute?

Has Mrs Duarte made a request for a postponement to allow time to submit more info re Alan Pike?

Did court convene on the 7th for the judge to announce a postponement?

I'm sorry if I'm just being thick, I just don't know what's rumour and what's fact.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1664 on: January 10, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »

No idea.  Clarification from the UK Court mayhap.  But Amaral has known for some considerable time that Madeleine is a Ward of Court.
So why now and why did he not produce documentation at the time of application.  Unless it was a move to delay The Trial.