Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412177 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1665 on: January 10, 2014, 12:59:14 PM »
I haven't got a clue what's going on, or who said what, did what and postponed what!

Has Dr Amaral submitted reciepts?

Has Dr Amaral and co brought something up about the ward of court business at the last minute?

Has Mrs Duarte made a request for a postponement to allow time to submit more info re Alan Pike?

Did court convene on the 7th for the judge to announce a postponement?

I'm sorry if I'm just being thick, I just don't know what's rumour and what's fact.

Me neither.  Join the club.

ferryman

« Reply #1666 on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:10 PM »
For heavens sake, courts of law aren't influenced by dead footballers.  Jessssus!

That was the knee-jerk reaction from Heidie-ho.

stephen25000

« Reply #1667 on: January 10, 2014, 01:10:18 PM »
That was the knee-jerk reaction from Heidie-ho.

So why did you bother with it ?

Estuarine

« Reply #1668 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:56 PM »
Whilst freezing my backside on the family three holer in the shack out back I wondered if Judge Maria Emília de Melo e Castro has to pay back part of her salary due to the entertainment value she gains from this trial? Imagine the dinner table “Did you have a good day in court darling?”  she chuckles as she raises her wine glass “ you would never believe what those [insert the posh Portuguese word for the plural of tosser in here] have been up to today dear ………..”.
I apologise to Anne Guedes for nicking and paraphrasing her work. But consider:
One witness turns up with an interpreter who isn’t up to the mark and the judge has to help her out (Julio Geordio rides again). The same witness professes to be an expert on the case and shows that she actually don’t know A from a bulls foot; another witness sits in a foreign court spits his dummy out, slags off the local judiciary then says he didn’t read the book because he knew it was lies without reading it. Two witnesses are sent home because they can’t bring anything to the party. One witness (President of the Bar Council?) makes himself ineligible because he has taken his eye off the ball. One witness doesn’t answer a question in case he drops his mate in it so the judge answers it for him. Two witnesses represent both sides. The Judge puts several fleas in several ears reminding various folk it is HER job to compare the book and the police reports not theirs. At the end of the bout it’s difficult to see whether anyone actually laid a glove on an opponent. Before the judges’ cards have been handed to the referee for counting, one contestant says he thinks the opposition played a ringer and another contestant asks to have recount on a previous round.
It really is beyond parody. One inclines to the view that in wasn’t in the script that it should ever wind up in court.

stephen25000

« Reply #1669 on: January 10, 2014, 01:26:43 PM »
I have just read elsewhere that the Mccanns requested the adjournment to present a document related to Alan Pike, the so called psychologist, relating to the 'mental health' of the twins.

Now talk about desperation, if this is true.

It has to be remembered, this man has been employed by the mccanns and is therefore biased.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1670 on: January 10, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Submitting papers on a Friday (so won't be looked at until Monday, the day before the next scheduled hearing) bringing up a new argument in respect of an issue that has been known about for months, is clearly going to bring with it a delay. How could the court sit the following day for final allegations/summing up if a new argument has just been made by one side?

Even Amaral's lawyer in that Norwegian news article admitted that they were now waiting for the court to decide on the issue of whether Madeleine could be represented in the hearings. Trying to say this isn't the cause of the delay is ridiculous.

Offline pinkblossoms

« Reply #1671 on: January 10, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg105?ie=UTF8&cdForum=FxQ9BDPD12JT49&cdPage=105&cdThread=TxELQEAT6FXQKG

It's not hard to find even when with someone clearly as inadequate as you.

Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer filed a request for the court to evaluate the McCann couple's legitimacy
--------------------
to file a lawsuit in their daughter's name, as she is a Ward of Court in the UK.

He did not ask for any postponement. It was the judge that issued a 15-day deadline for him to submit the relevant documentation.

Afterwards, Dr Isabel Duarte filed a document that is related to Mr Alan Pike, and asked for a postponement of Tuesday's session.

This information is not covered by judicial secrecy and can be freely shared.

wasn't the McCann's as you stated was it Stephen

It was the judge that issued a 15-day deadline for him to submit the relevant documentation.

stephens source

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/81jan14/Astro_07_01_2014.htm  ?>)()<
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:06:59 PM by pinkblossoms »

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1672 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer filed a request for the court to evaluate the McCann couple's legitimacy
--------------------
to file a lawsuit in their daughter's name, as she is a Ward of Court in the UK.

He did not ask for any postponement. It was the judge that issued a 15-day deadline for him to submit the relevant documentation.

Afterwards, Dr Isabel Duarte filed a document that is related to Mr Alan Pike, and asked for a postponement of Tuesday's session.

It was the judge that issued a 15-day deadline for him to submit the relevant documentation.

stephens source

So how, after Amaral's late filing and the Judge giving him 15 days, was there ever going to be a final hearing on Tuesday? It's pretty clear who the source of the delay is, and it's not the McCanns. Nice attempt at spinning by Amaral's fanboys though.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1673 on: January 10, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »
Whilst freezing my backside on the family three holer in the shack out back I wondered if Judge Maria Emília de Melo e Castro has to pay back part of her salary due to the entertainment value she gains from this trial? Imagine the dinner table “Did you have a good day in court darling?”  she chuckles as she raises her wine glass “ you would never believe what those [insert the posh Portuguese word for the plural of tosser in here] have been up to today dear ………..”.
I apologise to Anne Guedes for nicking and paraphrasing her work. But consider:
One witness turns up with an interpreter who isn’t up to the mark and the judge has to help her out (Julio Geordio rides again). The same witness professes to be an expert on the case and shows that she actually don’t know A from a bulls foot; another witness sits in a foreign court spits his dummy out, slags off the local judiciary then says he didn’t read the book because he knew it was lies without reading it. Two witnesses are sent home because they can’t bring anything to the party. One witness (President of the Bar Council?) makes himself ineligible because he has taken his eye off the ball. One witness doesn’t answer a question in case he drops his mate in it so the judge answers it for him. Two witnesses represent both sides. The Judge puts several fleas in several ears reminding various folk it is HER job to compare the book and the police reports not theirs. At the end of the bout it’s difficult to see whether anyone actually laid a glove on an opponent. Before the judges’ cards have been handed to the referee for counting, one contestant says he thinks the opposition played a ringer and another contestant asks to have recount on a previous round.
It really is beyond parody. One inclines to the view that in wasn’t in the script that it should ever wind up in court.

This really funny, although I'm not sure precisely of whom you are speaking.  Which is probably a good job.

Never mind.  Back to the fray.

Estuarine

« Reply #1674 on: January 10, 2014, 04:29:31 PM »
This really funny, although I'm not sure precisely of whom you are speaking.  Which is probably a good job.

Never mind.  Back to the fray.

Well Eleanor being a member of neither the blue team nor the red team I selected examples from both just to be even handed.
What cannot be escaped is that a little girl went on holiday and did not return. That event led to an international circus from which a lot of people have made a lot of money, however the little girl remains unaccounted for 7 years later. Unfortunately being on this forum makes us part of that circus. Isn't it wonderful being a member of the human race?

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1675 on: January 10, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
Well Eleanor being a member of neither the blue team nor the red team I selected examples from both just to be even handed.
What cannot be escaped is that a little girl went on holiday and did not return. That event led to an international circus from which a lot of people have made a lot of money, however the little girl remains unaccounted for 7 years later. Unfortunately being on this forum makes us part of that circus. Isn't it wonderful being a member of the human race?

8((()*/

I am an animal lover ,  humans come much lower down the love list for me.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1676 on: January 10, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
I am getting to quite like you.  You have the means and ability to think.  Even though we don't agree.

Why thank you   kiss kiss   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1677 on: January 10, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »

Of course we are part of the circus.  I knew that about me nearly from Day One, after which I sussed what was going on.

I have ultimately chosen a side for perfectly understandable reasons to me, after several months of reading anything that I could find.  But believe me, there was a time when I doubted The McCanns, mainly due to personal reasons that briefly skewed my reasoning.  So even I put The McCanns in a place of doubt because of my own experiences.

And then I remembered that I was not a perfect parent.  Tis funny how these things escape you when it looks like fun to put the boot in to other people who might appear in some way to be better than you.

But in the end it all comes down to Logistics.  Everything does.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1678 on: January 10, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
8((()*/

I am an animal lover ,  humans come much lower down the love list for me.

Sadly, for me too.

stephen25000

« Reply #1679 on: January 10, 2014, 06:45:55 PM »
--------------------

stephens source

You picked the wrong poster to look  at.

Try again. 8((()*/

I'll give you a clue, the poster's name begins with the letter 'W'.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:48:40 PM by stephen25000 »