Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412147 times)

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
No,  I read them,   and appreciate DCI's efforts

That's not why 160  guests are viewing this board at this time of night though is it  ?

You never know!  @)(++(*

Tweets from today's proceedings
Started by DCI

0 Replies
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

icabodcrane

« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any other updates on here today.

That's why I pointed out that   Anne's reports are  'much anticipated'   ...   160 guests at this time of night is pretty remarkable,  and the only explanation for it is that our  'reporter on the ground'   has people hooked,  and waiting  ...

Offline John

« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »
No,  I read them,   and appreciating DCI's efforts

That's not why 160  guests are viewing this board at this time of night though is it  ?

Yes, that is the actual number Icabodcrane.  As soon as our sister site @justice_forum tweets on twitter the numbers jump up as many more people view the site.

ps my apologies for using the word prosecution earlier, I was distracted as was trying to deal with several issues at once.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:36:35 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2013, 11:33:04 PM »
That's why I pointed out that   Anne's reports are  'much anticipated'   ...   160 guests at this time of night is pretty remarkable,  and the only explanation for it is that our  'reporter on the ground'   has people hooked,  and waiting  ...

?>)()<
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2013, 11:33:18 PM »
Did you miss DCI's contributions of Jerry Lawtons tweets?

I think copying a few tweets to the board can't be compared with all the effort Anne has gone too, not only attending he trial but also constructing lengthy reports.

You're dedication is commendable Anne and I for one thank you.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Redblossom

« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2013, 11:34:04 PM »

The tweets are available elsewhere, so I agree, instead of a few snippets, of this and that, a  detailed report is the bees knees....well, the media are not reporting apart from in a biased way...more balanced and in depth reporting is better

Offline Luz

« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
Prosecution? It's not the Inquisition 8)-))) Plantiffs v Defendants isn't it?

In civil cases: claimants v.s. respondents

Lyall

« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2013, 11:38:34 PM »
Ah. Thanks Luz  ?{)(**

Offline Luz

« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2013, 11:42:45 PM »
You are welcome Lyall

I came for Anne's report but this little troll is starting to annoy me!  ?8)@)-)

Offline John

« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2013, 11:50:30 PM »
Its only Kevin again, risen from the dead and reincarnated as Elizabeth.  Account expunged!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Lyall

« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2013, 11:50:46 PM »
I can see it must drive many campaigners crazy when they see the amount of publicity this case gets - the Express and Mirror front pages being the perfect illustration. I can see her point (though I don't know about the case either. Shamefully no doubt)

icabodcrane

« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »
Its only Kevin again, risen from the dead and reincarnated as Elizabeth.  Account expunged!

There you are John ! 

When can we expect Anne's report  ?  ...  it's nearly midnight,  and still well over a hundred  'guests'  on the board 

8@??)(

Offline John

« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
We are lucky to have members who go out and bring back the information so that the rest of us can share it.  Anne is covering the libel trial while Joanne graciously attended a justice workshop in Sheffield for us not so long ago.  All greatly appreciated ladies!

As far as today's Reports are concerned the first of them should be available in the morning.  Anne has to write them up from her notes using both Portuguese and English and then I have to edit them...all takes time.

And yes Neeley, the Reports are matter of fact.

Redblossom

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2013, 12:03:08 AM »
You think Anne's reports are impartial?

Really?

Why shouldnt they be.....reporting from a court and misreporting facts? Oh really?
 And be reported all over the net, get a grip

Get over yourself for a change when someone provides their free time energy and imparts info and be bleedin thankful however much it may stick in your craw

Offline John

« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2013, 12:05:14 AM »