Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412204 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
Sense at last, all this nonsensical carpet chewing by some is hilarious even if very sad indeed
 @)(++(*

It appears a lot of media outlets have taken copy and posted it on their own sites while many newsletter and blogs are linking to the forum instead.

I see that the entire Reports are now viewable directly without having to open a pdf file.   I assume that is to make copying and quoting much easier ??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »
It appears a lot of media outlets have taken copy and posted it on their own sites while many newsletter and blogs are linking to the forum instead.

I see that the entire Reports are now viewable directly without having to open a pdf file.   I assume that is to make copying and quoting much easier ??

That is part of it certainly Angelo, the main reason however is that googlebot isn't able to pick up the contents of pdf files and so the Reports were not getting onto the internet proper.  All sorted now though.  8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2013, 08:19:45 PM »

The internet to MSM is as  the caxton press was to the bible
 @)(++(*

catastrophic power shift from the few controllers and slave drivers to the many freed

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:21:41 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »
The internet to MSM is as  the caxton press was to the bible
 @)(++(*

catastrophic power shift from the few controllers and slave drivers to the many freed

Beautiful, Red!

Redblossom

« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2013, 01:48:57 AM »
Beautiful, Red!

Thanks Sherlock, thankfulk its true
 8((()*/

C.Edwards

« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »
How is it that the McCanns are apparently able to wheel anyone into court they like to spout hearsay (basically all of them so far have been opinion-based witnesses) and their testimony has not been backed with any evidence but yet still appears to be being taken seriously?

Surely it would therefore be just as valid for Amaral to wheel in any one of dozens of cops to purely say, "absolutely, we think the McCanns were involved in what happened to Madeleine" and it would have to be treated as just as valid by the court?

I truly don't understand how Portuguese courts work based on what Anna is reporting is happening.

Lyall

« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
How is it that the McCanns are apparently able to wheel anyone into court they like to spout hearsay (basically all of them so far have been opinion-based witnesses) and their testimony has not been backed with any evidence but yet still appears to be being taken seriously?

Surely it would therefore be just as valid for Amaral to wheel in any one of dozens of cops to purely say, "absolutely, we think the McCanns were involved in what happened to Madeleine" and it would have to be treated as just as valid by the court?

I truly don't understand how Portuguese courts work based on what Anna is reporting is happening.

We don't know it's being taken seriously. We'll only know at the end in November  ?{)(**

Lyall

« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2013, 12:06:20 PM »

I think the Judge won't be paying any attention to the English press that is not only notorious throughout Europe, but also in England @)(++(*

Rachel Granada

« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »
No, this is an impartial forum which prides itself on sticking to the facts.  Your criticism of Anne's reporting says more about you Neeley than it will ever say about Anne.  Maybe you would like to volunteer to sit in court for up to 8 hours each day and write the reports for free?

Always remembering too that it is an offence to misrepresent a witness and can leave one open to a libel suit.

If this is an impartial forum we shouldn't be seeing things like the below from a Senior Mod, John:

Who, in their right minds, would leave 3 small children in an unlocked apartment with road frontage, while they chatted crap?

C.Edwards

« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
If this is an impartial forum we shouldn't be seeing things like the below from a Senior Mod, John:

Who, in their right minds, would leave 3 small children in an unlocked apartment with road frontage, while they chatted crap?

Aside from the "chatted crap" bit as we have no idea what they were talking about (getting piddled on cheap booze may be more apt) I see absolutely nothing wrong with that statement.

Offline John

« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »

Why?   I happen to agree but I won't say it on here...oops. 

I have asked that same question to many parents recently and the vast majority say the same.

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with what they did? 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:16:29 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Why?   I happen to agree but I won't say it on here...oops. 

I have asked that same question to many parents recently and the vast majority say the same.

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with what they did?

IMO. mods should not be showing a bias which may affect their modding - just my take on it John, that's all.

Personally I would not have done what the McCanns did, but it is not my place to judge them and to be fair it is no different to baby listening services - and indeed the old Pontins method of a nanny cycling up and down.

Offline John

« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »
IMO. mods should not be showing a bias which may affect their modding - just my take on it John, that's all.

Personally I would not have done what the McCanns did, but it is not my place to judge them and to be fair it is no different to baby listening services - and indeed the old Pontins method of a nanny cycling up and down.

I think to be fair to baby listening services the apartment is usually locked securely and especially so if it is on the ground floor with an unsecured access.  All said and done I think they were extremely silly!

Offline sadie

« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »
I think to be fair to baby listening services the apartment is usually locked securely and especially so if it is on the ground floor with an unsecured access.  All said and done I think they were extremely silly!
Maybe, maybe not.  We dont know, do we?  In my youth doors used to be left unlocked regularly.  In fact only about 15 years ago I know a family who never locked their door.

Dont forget, John, this unlocked door was well within sight of the group at only 50 metres away.  And Amaral said no-body would go in that way when being so close to the family.

Not quite like going somewhere where you cannot keep an eye on things, is it?

icabodcrane

« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
Maybe, maybe not.  We dont know, do we?  In my youth doors used to be left unlocked regularly.  In fact only about 15 years ago I know a family who never locked their door.

Dont forget, John, this unlocked door was well within sight of the group at only 50 metres away.  And Amaral said no-body would go in that way when being so close to the family.

Not quite like going somewhere where you cannot keep an eye on things, is it?

Why do keep insisting that it was  OK  for the McCanns to leave those patio doors unlocked because they could  'see'  them  ?

You must know that they would not have been staring intently at the patio doors the whole evening  ? 

But let's suppose they were  ...  let's suppose there was never a second when they didn't take their eyes of those patio doors 

And let's suppose further,  that whilst they were watching the patio doors so intently they saw a man enter them ...

What then  ? 

You yourself have said that the actual abduction would have taken less than a minute

So Kate and Gerry  'see'  someone going in through the patio doors  (  illuminated by the  'rectangle of light  )    ....   They jump up from the table and dash to the apartment  ... by which time their child has been snatched from her bed and already carried of into the darkness by a beast

Now ...  tell me again how leaving the patio doors unlocked  was  OK because they could  'see'  them