Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412206 times)

Lyall

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #540 on: October 08, 2013, 11:26:22 PM »
Daily Express:

Madeleine: dramatic new court claims

Kate McCann is to make a dramatic bid to nail the smears which have hampered the search for her daughter Madeleine.

Brave Kate wants to defend herself in open court to silence her tormentor detective Goncalo Amaral over false claims she was involved in a cover-up, it was revealed yesterday.

The former GP is expected to use new evidence unearthed by Scotland Yard to kill off Portuguese police smears for once and for all. British officers are set to reveal 'fresh, substantative material' during a Crimewatch special on the case to be aired on Monday.

It comes as detectives revealed they are closer...
 8@??)(

Mischief making by the Express I think.

Benita

« Reply #541 on: October 08, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »

we will see shall we  8(0(* looks like kate could be the one with a few aces up her sleeve tick tock

wheres amarals ?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:34:43 PM by Benita »

Lyall

« Reply #542 on: October 08, 2013, 11:39:24 PM »
we will see shall we  8(0(* looks like kate could be the one with a few aces up her sleeve tick tock

wheres amarals ?

Beats me Benita, but you can't be using a Crimewatch episode in a courtroom. Police would have to be witnesses, or submit evidence themselves. It's not a movie.

I still think the Express reporters are making it up.

Benita

« Reply #543 on: October 08, 2013, 11:42:41 PM »
Beats me Benita, but you can't be using a Crimewatch episode in a courtroom. Police would have to be witnesses, or submit evidence themselves. It's not a movie.

I still think the Express reporters are making it up.

you would think that ..like I said wait an see eh  8(0(*

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #544 on: October 08, 2013, 11:43:39 PM »
Now you have made that claim about hacking, please support it. And I won't be taking the word of Damaso (who is a friend of Amaral and Paiva) as evidence.

When you talk about all these accusations about these "officers" as being fishy are you actually not aware that many were made long before the disappearance of Madeleine, particularly those against Amaral himself which were later proved in court? Are you suggesting the McCanns pre-arranged them all?

Almeida is a criminal. He was convicted for torture. He was never even suspended (as far as I am aware) from his work in the PJ.  The PJ has criminals who have clearly defiled the name of "officer of the law" working for them.

Nice to see you back gilet.

Now I know things are not going well for the McCanns  8)-)))
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

icabodcrane

« Reply #545 on: October 08, 2013, 11:44:48 PM »

The senior journalist working for the Express,  who has been involved with  this case for years,  is  Jim  'mad dog' Murray' 

He is the British journalist who has , uniquely,   ( and sympathetically )   interviewed Amaral  (  and his wife  ) 

This,  together with the litigeous history the McCanns have with paper, lends me to believe the Express  is playing the long-game 

Benita

« Reply #546 on: October 08, 2013, 11:45:21 PM »
Did he ever have one Benita?

well if he did or does it will be rather raggy and tatty after being up his sleeve over 6 years,or maybe it fell out when he lost weight  @)(++(*

Lyall

« Reply #547 on: October 08, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
you would think that ..like I said wait an see eh  8(0(*

8((()*/ You can count on that 8)--))

Lyall

« Reply #548 on: October 08, 2013, 11:49:51 PM »
The senior journalist working for the Express,  who has been involved with  this case for years,  is  Jim  'mad dog' Murray' 

He is the British journalist who has , uniquely,   ( and sympathetically )   interviewed Amaral  (  and his wife  ) 

This,  together with the litigeous history the McCanns have with paper, lends me to believe the Express  is playing the long-game

I think so Icabod. Murray knows exactly what the state of play is with UK police. It was he who printed police have found part of the needle in the haystack on Sunday. Bit different to the 'imminent arrests' the Mirror printed 8-)(--)

icabodcrane

« Reply #549 on: October 08, 2013, 11:53:41 PM »

wheres amarals ?

What  ?  ...  you think she might finally reveal  what there was  about  'the way the room was left'   that she couldn't speak about,  but which  led her to knowing immediately  that Madeleine had been abducted    (  that thing that wasn't  the open window  ...  because we all knew about that already  )

Offline gilet

« Reply #550 on: October 08, 2013, 11:56:46 PM »
Nice to see you back gilet.

Now I know things are not going well for the McCanns  8)-)))

Odd you should think that. I was only thinking this afternoon that the frantic nature of much of the anti McCann activity recently is a sure sign that the Amaral case is rather badly failing.

When Paiva has to change his story from one court to another to support Amaral its a pretty poor show.

Does he really think that the Judge will not realise that he either perjured himself back in 2010 when he was reported not just by a lone tweeter but by others as well (eg http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6974917/Madeleine-McCanns-death-covered-up-by-parents-who-faked-kidnap-court-hears.html ) saying that the Police believed from very early on that the McCanns were guilty or that he perjured himself today. He cannot believe both things as they contradict.

Offline gilet

« Reply #551 on: October 08, 2013, 11:57:38 PM »
I think so Icabod. Murray knows exactly what the state of play is with UK police. It was he who printed police have found part of the needle in the haystack on Sunday. Bit different to the 'imminent arrests' the Mirror printed 8-)(--)

Clutching at rather pathetic straws. But you have to grasp anything as Amaral is clearly floundering.

Lyall

« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2013, 12:02:10 AM »
Clutching at rather pathetic straws. But you have to grasp anything as Amaral is clearly floundering.

Eh? Murray obviously knows what he's talking about.

icabodcrane

« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2013, 12:05:09 AM »
Odd you should think that. I was only thinking this afternoon that the frantic nature of much of the anti McCann activity recently is a sure sign that the Amaral case is rather badly failing.

When Paiva has to change his story from one court to another to support Amaral its a pretty poor show.

Does he really think that the Judge will not realise that he either perjured himself back in 2010 when he was reported not just by a lone tweeter but by others as well (eg http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6974917/Madeleine-McCanns-death-covered-up-by-parents-who-faked-kidnap-court-hears.html ) saying that the Police believed from very early on that the McCanns were guilty or that he perjured himself today. He cannot believe both things as they contradict.

I really cannot see any logical explanation for you claiming this trial is going badly for Amaral 

I try to be objective  ...  and if I  thought the hearing was going the McCanns' way,  then I would certainly say so

On all evidence so far,  though,  that is simply not the case

You look a bit silly making that claim,  I have to say

Offline gilet

« Reply #554 on: October 09, 2013, 12:07:50 AM »

That doesn't explain why the Mirror is running a front page on this though does it? No, it doesn't.

As I thought, you are clutching at straws.