Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 412102 times)

Rachel Granada

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #585 on: October 09, 2013, 07:43:12 AM »
Posters have criticised the testimony of witnesses for the McCanns...was the report right yesterday theat Tavares de Almeida...not sure of the spelling...appearing for amaral....sat down, muttered "what am I doing here", admitted he had only read the last two pages of the book and was instantly dismissed by the judge. Is that the worst witness so far by a mile?

He wasn't terribly compelling was he?   @)(++(*

Offline John

« Reply #586 on: October 09, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »
There is the possibility that the judge will decide against the testimony of the two McCanns and Gonçalo Amaral if she believes that she has enough evidence already to make her decision. I don't think that the judge wants to waste her time on useless theatrics. JMO

Excellent point Montclair.  Those headlines depicted earlier reek of dire desperation.  Can anyone answer the question as to how Kate McCann can clear her name in a Portuguese Court when their police haven't been able to?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

« Reply #587 on: October 09, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
Excellent point Montclair.  Those headlines depicted earlier reek of dire desperation.  Can anyone answer the question as to how Kate McCann can clear her name in a Portuguese Court when their police haven't been able to?
She cant, its just hot air and nonsense as per usual.....

Offline John

« Reply #588 on: October 09, 2013, 10:01:04 AM »
Please keep to topic.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #589 on: October 09, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
I came across the following comments which were made during Amaral's successful appeal against the book injunction.

- From serving PJ Inspector Vitor Manuel Tavares de Almeida certain inquiry work and official statements were confirmed; he had read the book of the first Respondent stating that its conclusions were the same as his, taking into account the history of the investigation, which [investigation] was far from complete;

- Serving PJ Inspector Ricardo Manuel Goncalves Paiva had been involved in the inquiry from beginning to end; he had been a link with the family due to his fluency in English; he had read the book stating that what is in the book is in the inquiry; he noted that they continue to receive information for the case file;

- Serving head of the national anti-terrorism unit, Luis Antonio Trinidade Nunes Neves, had been asked by the head of the national directorate of the PJ to support their efforts; up until the parents were made arguidos he had been in the Algarve on a regular basis; he had participated in meetings with English colleagues; he had read a few passages of the book, finding them to be no different from those in the case file;

- Francisco Moita Flores, former murder and armed robbery Inspector of the PJ, noted commentator on crime, and friend of the first Respondent had read the case file, facilitated by journalists, as well as the book written by Goncalo Amaral;

www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/court_docs.htm

Can anyone spot the change in story compared to yesterdays hearing?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:11:09 AM by John »

Lyall

« Reply #590 on: October 09, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
She cant, its just hot air and nonsense as per usual.....

I think the papers are as perplexed as we are about what's going on in Lisbon Red - the case seems weak to say the least. Today's Express even writes ‘smears’ in the headline. I don't think they could be much plainer than that.

Offline Benice

« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »
I came across the following comments which were made during Amaral's successful appeal against the book injunction.

From serving PJ Inspector Vitor Manuel Tavares de Almeida certain inquiry work
 and official statements were confirmed; he had read the book of the first
 Respondent
stating that its conclusions were the same as his, taking into account
 the history of the investigation, which [investigation] was far from complete;

– Serving PJ Inspector Ricardo Manuel Goncalves Paiva had been involved in the
 inquiry from beginning to end; he had been a link with the family due to his
 fluency in English; he had read the book stating that what is in the book is in the
 inquiry; he noted that they continue to receive information for the case file;

– Serving head of the national anti-terrorism unit, Luis Antonio Trinidade Nunes
 Neves, had been asked by the head of the national directorate of the PJ to support
 their efforts; up until the parents were made arguidos he had been in the Algarve
 on a regular basis; he had participated in meetings with English colleagues; he
 had read a few passages of the book, finding them to be no different from those in
 the case file;

– Francisco Moita Flores, former murder and armed robbery Inspector of the PJ,
 noted commentator on crime, and friend of the first Respondent had read the case
 file, facilitated by journalists, as well as the book written by Goncalo Amaral;

www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/court_docs.htm

Can anyone spot the change in story compared to yesterdays hearing?

Is it that he had claimed to have read the book at the Appeal court, but admitted that he hadn't read the book in this court?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
Well spotted Benice!  I must find out more about this.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #593 on: October 09, 2013, 10:27:55 AM »
Tavares de Almeida said that he had read the last two pages of the book which contain the conclusions of the investigation and which are the conclusions of the book.

Benita

« Reply #594 on: October 09, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »

Closer to nothing at all.

I admit the papers can exaggerate BECAUSE!
v
v
v
 Kate's name is already clear. only those who already have a conviction need to go to court, a criminal court, to clear their name.

Kate does not have a convition!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:34:59 AM by Benita »

Offline jassi

« Reply #595 on: October 09, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
v
v
v
 Kate's name is already clear. only those who already have a conviction need to go to court, a criminal court, to clear their name.

That is plainly rubbish.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Benita

« Reply #596 on: October 09, 2013, 10:49:17 AM »
That is plainly rubbish.

8-)(--) nope it not  @)(++(*

stephen25000

« Reply #597 on: October 09, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
v
v
v

So what are the mccanns worried about then ? >@@(*&)

Offline Benice

« Reply #598 on: October 09, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »
Tavares de Almeida said that he had read the last two pages of the book which contain the conclusions of the investigation and which are the conclusions of the book.

He wouldn't need to read the book to know the conclusions - he was part of them.  It's the content of the book which is being questioned - and which he now says he hasn't read.

Don't you find the fact that Tavares de Almeida has apparently committed perjury - either at the Appeal hearing or this trial to be even remotely disturbing Montclair?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #599 on: October 09, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
@ Lyall

According to the Express KM wants to testify with the new evidence SY have unearthed.......as if, this has anything to do with their claim and a book written in 2008!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435439/Madeleine-s-mum-Kate-McCann-wants-to-defend-herself-in-court-over-smears?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+(Daily+Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed)

pretty balanced article all in all too
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:03:28 AM by Redblossom »