Author Topic: Why Aren't the McCanns Giving Evidence at their Libel Trial ?  (Read 33916 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Why Aren't the McCanns Giving Evidence at their Libel Trial ?
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »
I was going by Anne's posting, re the judges announcement, on Friday. But you are correct!
Eduardo Dâmaso, Assistant Editor, Daily Correio da Manhă

"The Judge then announced that the 27th witnesses would be heard on the 2nd of October (Henrique Machado (journalist of Correio da Manhă), Eduardo Dâmaso (political analyst)"

Seems he is also very much against corruption in Portugal, too.

Was he the one who made the famous quote likening judicial secrecy to traffic regulations, or was it someone else?

Something along the lines that everyone knows that they exist, but no one takes any notice.

The argument was that if the rules of judicial secrecy were strictly adhered to, there would be no media coverage of ongoing criminal investigations (until a case was brought to court, and the subsequent dissection of whatever documents were made available, presumably).

AnneGuedes

« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »
ED was sub-director do DN e do Publico. He's mainly a political analyst and an author on this matter :
http://www.almedina.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7460

AnneGuedes

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2013, 03:38:07 PM »

Although Mrs. Duarte knew that there was a request from one of the Defense (respondents) lawyers to have a suspension on friday,
Are you sure she did ?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »
Are you sure she did ?

No she didn't, Anne. As you are probably aware of. Luz is doing her usual.  >@@(*&)

27 Sep 2013

Isabel Duarte, the lawyer who is representing the McCann family said: “It’s not surreal, it’s Portugal.”

“I saw the request to adjourn this morning.
The facts are that we have organised the trial and the lawyer was actually here, so I was expecting the trial today. I asked the judge to at least hear my witness.”
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Luz

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
No she didn't, Anne. As you are probably aware of. Luz is doing her usual.  >@@(*&)

27 Sep 2013

Isabel Duarte, the lawyer who is representing the McCann family said: “It’s not surreal, it’s Portugal.”

“I saw the request to adjourn this morning.
The facts are that we have organised the trial and the lawyer was actually here, so I was expecting the trial today. I asked the judge to at least hear my witness.”

No, Luz is not doing her usual, you are, misinformed and misinforming.

Even with the change of the law, any change in the witnesses previously submitted to the Court have to give a minimum of 5 days for the defense to pronounce themselves about the acceptability of such change. Mrs. Duarte knew from the defense lawyer Santos Oliveira, on thursday that he had required excuse for friday, and so, even if the defense lawyers accepted to give up the 5 days that they had to study the new witnesse's impact in the court procedure, Mr. McCann would not be able to present his testimony.
In face of all this I am convinced that Mr. McCann chose to appear as a marketing stunt. Unfortunately for him, with the adjourning of the trial session, it is expected that he will give testimony tomorrow. I'm looking anxiously for it.

By the way Anne, I'm not sure that Duarte knew about Oliveira, I am repeating gossip, which is not reliable. Shame on me.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:28:32 PM by Luz »

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »

Even with the change of the law, any change in the witnesses previously submitted to the Court have to give a minimum of 5 days for the defense to pronounce themselves about the acceptability of such change. Mrs. Duarte knew from the defense lawyer Santos Oliveira, on thursday that he had required excuse for friday, and so, even if the defense lawyers accepted to give up the 5 days that they had to study the new witnesse's impact in the court procedure, Mr. McCann would not be able to present his testimony.
In face of all this I am convinced that Mr. McCann chose to appear as a marketing stunt. Unfortunately for him, with the adjourning of the trial session, it is expected that he will give testimony tomorrow. I'm looking anxiously for it.

By the way Anne, I'm not sure that Duarte knew about Oliveira, I am repeating gossip, which is not reliable. Shame on me.

Take it up with Isabel Duarte, it is her own quote! But you won't though will you?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:49:31 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »

Certainly gossip is every bit as reliable, if not more so,  than the  old, recycled tabloid stories that supporters refer Luz.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Redblossom

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »
lets see if Gerry Mccann testifies tomorrow and can with his chosen fellowsPROVE that a book written on the case did this to them and the book, if it did, thats a massive IF, almost non existent IF, did any of that, alone....laughable

irreparably damaged and totally destroyed from a moral, social, ethical, emotional and family point of view.

That doesnt even make sense! i wonder who drafted the writ
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:39:00 PM by Redblossom »