Author Topic: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?  (Read 8729 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2018, 03:36:10 AM »
Here is a very informative video on what to do to survive a house fire.  https://youtu.be/3m-g652uMBE
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2018, 03:37:39 AM »
I'd like to find one that explains what to do if you see people inside a burning building.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2018, 06:42:38 AM »
I'd like to find one that explains what to do if you see people inside a burning building.

Call the fire brigade.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2018, 07:33:09 AM »
Call the fire brigade.

The advice is get out... Which would involve opening a door.... So if the fire was not raging.   Would you not open a door to let a child out

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2018, 08:17:21 AM »
The advice is get out... Which would involve opening a door.... So if the fire was not raging.   Would you not open a door to let a child out

I was answering a question which implied I was outside and saw people inside a burning building. I would only be able to see them through a window, I assume. Anyone tall enough to be seen through a window is tall enough to open a door themselves and get out.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2018, 08:39:06 AM »
I was answering a question which implied I was outside and saw people inside a burning building. I would only be able to see them through a window, I assume. Anyone tall enough to be seen through a window is tall enough to open a door themselves and get out.

No there could be children at a window standing on something.... I presume anyone with an ounce of sense would open a door to let the children out

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2018, 09:17:36 AM »
No there could be children at a window standing on something.... I presume anyone with an ounce of sense would open a door to let the children out

As the firefighter said, each situation would be different and require different responses.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
As the firefighter said, each situation would be different and require different responses.

Obviously and it's what I suggested before his opinion... If the fire is mild anyone with an ounce of sense would open the door

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »
I wonder if there would have been an outpouring of sympathy if the McCanns or one of the other families had lost a child/children due to fire? Would Portugal have been criticised for a slow response by it's fire brigade? Would the bereft parents have lobbied the European Parliament for stricter laws on fire safety and prevention? Ot would the parents have been blamed for leaving their children unsupervised?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2018, 11:37:21 AM »
I wonder if there would have been an outpouring of sympathy if the McCanns or one of the other families had lost a child/children due to fire? Would Portugal have been criticised for a slow response by it's fire brigade? Would the bereft parents have lobbied the European Parliament for stricter laws on fire safety and prevention? Ot would the parents have been blamed for leaving their children unsupervised?
A fire would have been an accident and unlikely....... An abduction involves a crime.... If maddue, was, abducted as may well be the, reason for her disappearance the whole McCann family are victims of an awful crime

Offline jassi

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »

Maybe a campaign to blame a phantom arsonist together with a fire-fighting fund.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
A fire would have been an accident and unlikely....... An abduction involves a crime.... If maddue, was, abducted as may well be the, reason for her disappearance the whole McCann family are victims of an awful crime

The child/children are still gone, and both scenarios are preventable.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2018, 01:15:10 PM »
The child/children are still gone, and both scenarios are preventable.
As Ive described.. Ones an accident the other makes the whole family victims of a crime so they are quite different

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »
its not an argument its a fact...a lot has changed in H&S since 74...in 76 we were putting used hypodermics in black bags and leaving them out for the bin man

What has fire to do with hypodeemic nerdles?

You clearly worked in a funny profession that ignored its obligations under the Fire Prevention Act of 1971 and its replacement, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2018, 02:46:24 PM »
What has fire to do with hypodeemic nerdles?

You clearly worked in a funny profession that ignored its obligations under the Fire Prevention Act of 1971 and its replacement, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.

Did these laws, apply to all businesses IR just those with a certain number of employees... The point is H&S.. are much more rigidly enforced now... There had been change