Author Topic: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?  (Read 8695 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2018, 07:17:10 AM »
In my opinion you are quite wrong.  It is entirely possible to be a victim without being targeted, say for example dying in a tsunami, unless you believe in acts of a vengeful God of course.

A victim of a natural disaster, not a crime. I thought we were discussing whether Madeleine's family are victims of a crime.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2018, 07:31:52 AM »
A victim of a natural disaster, not a crime. I thought we were discussing whether Madeleine's family are victims of a crime.
I thought we were discussing what it is to be a victim.  You claim being targeted is an essential component of victimhood, I was pointing out that this is not true.  If you are harmed by an act, intentional or not, you are a victim of said act.  Losing a child and being unaware of her whereabouts for over 11 years is harmful to the chld’s parents, because of the anguish and despair it causes, which may and often does have long term repercussions for health and general well being.  Look at the family of Sarah Payne for example and tell me that they were not victims of a dreadful crime, alongside their daughter, whose suffering was at least mercifully short.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »
I thought we were discussing what it is to be a victim.  You claim being targeted is an essential component of victimhood, I was pointing out that this is not true.  If you are harmed by an act, intentional or not, you are a victim of said act.  Losing a child and being unaware of her whereabouts for over 11 years is harmful to the chld’s parents, because of the anguish and despair it causes, which may and often does have long term repercussions for health and general well being.  Look at the family of Sarah Payne for example and tell me that they were not victims of a dreadful crime, alongside their daughter, whose suffering was at least mercifully short.

There are three main theories about what happened to Madeleine McCann, but no proof. Until a crime is identified the only confirmed victim is Madeleine.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
There are three main theories about what happened to Madeleine McCann, but no proof. Until a crime is identified the only confirmed victim is Madeleine.
So if and when it is confirmed that Madeleine was abducted then we can certainly include the McCanns as victims of this terrible crime. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2018, 09:16:36 AM »
So if and when it is confirmed that Madeleine was abducted then we can certainly include the McCanns as victims of this terrible crime.

I'm still quite uncomfortable with this definition of a victim. My viewpoint is clearer when looking at it from another angle;

victimisation
the action of singling someone out for cruel or unjust treatment.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vicyimisation&oq=vicyimisation&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7031j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If Madeleine was abducted she was singled out, but it's quite possible that the abductor didn't give a thought to the effect on her wider family. In which case they are the victims of the circumstances, not of the crime. I began this discussion in answer to;

snip/

If maddue, was, abducted as may well be the, reason for her disappearance the whole McCann family are victims of an awful crime
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10493.msg506005#msg506005

Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2018, 09:33:30 AM »
What’s a victim impact statement for then, in cases involving murder?
Please clarify.

I'm looking at the Dawson case in Australia.

Will a victim impact statement affect the jury verdict?

*&(+(+
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2018, 09:35:56 AM »
Please clarify.

I'm looking at the Dawson case in Australia.

Will a victim impact statement affect the jury verdict?

*&(+(+

I think you will find victim impact statement s are given after the verdict

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »
I'm still quite uncomfortable with this definition of a victim. My viewpoint is clearer when looking at it from another angle;

victimisation
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vicyimisation&oq=vicyimisation&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7031j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If Madeleine was abducted she was singled out, but it's quite possible that the abductor didn't give a thought to the effect on her wider family. In which case they are the victims of the circumstances, not of the crime. I began this discussion in answer to;

snip/

If maddue, was, abducted as may well be the, reason for her disappearance the whole McCann family are victims of an awful crime

It's not really important what your personal views, are according to the justice system family members are victims if crime

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2018, 10:31:29 AM »
It's not really important what your personal views, are according to the justice system family members are victims if crime

Well when the crime has been identified we'll learn what their status is, won't we? Until then saying they are victims is an opinion, not a fact.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2018, 10:45:54 AM »
Well when the crime has been identified we'll learn what their status is, won't we? Until then saying they are victims is an opinion, not a fact.

If you read my post... You will see what I have said and it is totally correct

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2018, 11:17:19 AM »

I haven't said the McCann's are victims of crime... I have said... IF Maddie was abducted ...then they are victims of a crime... And have supplied cites to support it

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2018, 01:50:58 PM »

victimisation

snip/

If your house is broken into and a burglar steals your priceless family mementos are you not a victim of a crime?  How much more so then are you a victim if they take not your priceless family mementos but your irreplaceable daughter instead?

Offline John

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »
Please stay within topic guys.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2018, 02:09:07 PM »
There wasn’t a fire in Block 5. Has there ever been a fire in block 5?  If not statistics, would indicate that having your child disappear into thin air is more likely to happen in Block 5 than a fire breaking out so why are we discussing this actually?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »
There wasn’t a fire in Block 5. Has there ever been a fire in block 5?  If not statistics, would indicate that having your child disappear into thin air is more likely to happen in Block 5 than a fire breaking out so why are we discussing this actually?

Apart from my son's completely useless advice, I have no idea.