Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.  (Read 45485 times)

Offline Mr Moderator

Rosdeep Kular (known locally as Rosie) the mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court later today to face charges in connection with his death.  She was detained by police investigating her son's disappearance on Friday night before being formally charged on Saturday afternoon.

Mikaeel had been reported missing from his Edinburgh home early on Thursday morning, prompting a major search throughout the area and extending as far as the Firth of Forth at Cramond.

Just before midnight on Friday night however, Mikaeel's body was found in a small wood at Dunvegan Avenue, Kirkcaldy.   It was subsequently revealed that one of the properties at Dunvegan Avenue belongs to the missing boys aunt and had been visited by Rosdeep a few days earlier. 

The boys body was later removed from the wood and taken by ambulance to Edinburgh for an autopsy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:02:08 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

Re: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:05:54 AM »

Map showing where the body of Mikaeel Kular was found by Fife Police and where he had lived since last summer with his mother and siblings in Edinburgh.

A neighbour of the Kular family at Dunvegan Avenue reported seeing the boys mother arrive at the bungalow alone by car shortly before the boy was reported missing.

It is expected that Rosdeep will have a short hearing before a Sheriff in a 'closed court' in which the charge(s) or Indictment will be put to her.  What happens next will depend entirely on her response to that Indictment.

A Sheriff has several options available to him or her.  The case can be continued to another date to be heard by a Sheriff or can be referred up to the High Court which has greater sentencing powers.   If a defendant pleads guilty to the charges they will be remanded in custody pending a sentencing hearing.

It has also now emerged that social workers from Fife Council were monitoring the family up until they left Kirkcaldy and moved to Edinburgh last summer.  It has been claimed that colleagues at City of Edinburgh Council were not advised of the move.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542368/Body-young-boy-recovered-Fife-one-person-detained-police-searching-missing-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html?utm_content=buffer4742a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:40:00 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:23:15 AM »
MM.  I observe you say the proceedings will be in a closed court today.  I assume the police are worried about disruptions?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:20:24 AM »
MM.  I observe you say the proceedings will be in a closed court today.  I assume the police are worried about disruptions?

Closed court, just one of the many benefits that can be found in any good dictatorship.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:54:30 AM »
Closed is not the same as secret. Accredited journalists will be allowed to report proceedings .
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »
Closed is not the same as secret. Accredited journalists will be allowed to report proceedings .

I thought they were not be allowed to enter and they were going to get news through an email.. This was said on Sky

Redblossom

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesmatthewsky

Appearance is reported to be at 2pm

Offline jassi

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
I thought they were not be allowed to enter and they were going to get news through an email.. This was said on Sky

Maybe I'm wrong, then.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 11:29:05 AM »
Press are not permitted in the Court.  Any details will be released by the COPFS.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

CPN

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
Breaking news - charged with murder and with attempting to defeat the ends of justice

Remanded in custody until date as yet unfixed

Both from Sky News
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:00:14 PM by CPN »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »
Breaking news - charged with murder and with attempting to defeat the aims of justice

Blimey, I wonder what the autopsy found then. >@@(*&)
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
During a brief hearing in Court No 3 of Edinburgh Sheriff Court before Sheriff Crowe his afternoon, the mother of Mikaeel Kular was indicted on Petition on charges of murder and attempting to defeat the ends of justice.

Miss Kular has been remanded in custody and will shortly be on her way to HMP Cornton Vale.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:24:18 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

CPN

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »
From the Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542612/Mikaeel-Kulars-mother-Rosdeep-Kular-appears-court-sons-death.html

"The mother of Mikaeel Kular was today charged with murdering her three-year-old son, who went missing last week.

Rosdeep Kular, 33, attended a hearing lasting a few minutes held behind closed doors at Edinburgh Sheriff Court this afternoon, after which it was announced that she faced a murder charge.

She has also been charged with 'attempting to defeat the ends of justice' in connection with the death of Mikaeel.

Ms Kular - who was referred to by her married name of Adekoya - did not enter a plea, and following the hearing she was remanded in custody until her next court appearance on January 28."

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
I wonder why she did not enter a plea..

CPN

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »
From http://www.copfs.gov.uk/media-site/media-releases/640-rosdeep-adekoya-appears-in-court-charged-with-murder-of-mikaeel-kular

"Rosdeep Adekoya has today appeared in private at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.

Details from her court appearance are summarised below.

Full name - ROSDEEP ADEKOYA

DOB - 30 March 1980

General Address - Edinburgh

Charges - Murder
              - Attempt to defeat the ends of justice

Plea - No Plea, No Declaration

Outcome - The accused was remanded in custody and committed for further examination

Next appearance - Anticipated 28/01/14"