Poll

Peer Reviewed Research suggests that Scent Dogs of all types have a maximunm combined accuracy of about 90%

I Understand and Accept this
3 (50%)
I believe Scent Dogs are more accurate than this
1 (16.7%)
I am not sure
1 (16.7%)
I don't believe Scent Dogs generally are that accurate
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 24, 2018, 11:14:43 AM

Author Topic: Poll - Scent Dogs Accuracy  (Read 236756 times)

Redblossom

Re: Poll - Scent Dogs Accuracy
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »
What I am not convinced about is Grime saying Eddie can pick up the scent of death shortly after death has occurred.

How can he know this when scientists who are investigating what cadaver dogs smell, haven't come up with an actual time span between death and the scent the dogs will pick up?

Perhaps he established it during his training of them. Perhaps scientists have not set up such a study.

As for what Mr Grime means by roadkill, ie dead animals, to me this means Eddie did not react to any other dead animal seeing as he was trained on pigs and humans, other dead animals having a different scent and he was trained to exclude all other scents

Devilsadvocate, of course, if you think he makes it up as he goes along, thats your prerogative, would seem a pretty poor strategy to me if he were out to deceive or exaggerate

It would call into question the Law Enforcement Agencies who routuinely paid Mr Grime and his dogs ĢI,000 a day plus expenses out of public money

I guess the professionals must have been considerably more impressed with his results than some of the self proclaimed experts here

ditto

The only thing that might convince me that the cadaver dog alerts in 5a had nothing to do with Madeleines disappearance was a post by Angelo IIRC ie that that flat had dozens of people going through it, unlike all the other places and one of them could have transferred this scent...a common sense possibility is worth far more than the constant trashing of the dogs mr grime mr amaral and others and bleats like eddie alerted to a coconut, which is the most pathetic thing ever uttered for obvious reasons such as eddie does not alert to coconut and also the so called coconut shell had collagen in it which only exists in mammals

Then again does scent transference last as much as original scent?  Questions questions

Anyone debasing dog handlers doing a job to help find criminals and get closure for families should have a look in the mirror and realise what they are saying when they are accusing them of fraud

I hope all the accusers and  debasers of dogs abilities ans their handlers  never have to have them used
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:09:32 PM by Redblossom »

registrar

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
What about all the times the dogs failed to detect anything when there was in fact something to find?  Are these episodes classified as fools errands or are they conveniently overlooked?   Let's face it a spaniel's hooter and what it can achieve is not an accurate science and more akin to a circus act.

Those who promote this ability or whatever it is called do so in order to embelish their own credibility and line their pockets.  How many of these dogs are winging their way to Bangladesh to do their bit?

If there were rich pickings to be had like in Luz or Jersey - the departure halls would be filled to capacity with
wonderdogs - alas this is probably one of the poorest countries in the world - so no big bucks to be made
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:55:34 PM by registrar »

Offline Chinagirl

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2013, 11:15:39 PM »
The only thing that might convince me that the cadaver dog alerts in 5a had nothing to do with Madeleines disappearance was a post by Angelo IIRC ie that that flat had dozens of people going through it, unlike all the other places and one of them could have transferred this scent

Many of us have been making this point for years ......  and that the hire car was used by others before the McCanns.
A

Redblossom

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »
The only thing that might convince me that the cadaver dog alerts in 5a had nothing to do with Madeleines disappearance was a post by Angelo IIRC ie that that flat had dozens of people going through it, unlike all the other places and one of them could have transferred this scent

Many of us have been making this point for years ......  and that the hire car was used by others before the McCanns.

The hire car was NEW and had max of 2/3 previous hirers and a limited passenger list, they were all interviewed,the hire car had blood in the boot, and elsewhere,keela reacted, aNd no one can say the fss found no blood just cellular material in one breath while in another breath saying it was gerrys blood  in the car

Offline muratfan

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2013, 11:29:05 PM »
Dog alerted to blood on the key fob. BTW did you not know the Scenic doesn't HAVE A WHEEL WELL in the car? So how can they find stufff in the wheel well, when the wheel is underneath the car

Redblossom

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
Dog alerted to blood on the key fob. BTW did you not know the Scenic doesn't HAVE A WHEEL WELL in the car? So how can they find stufff in the wheel well, when the wheel is underneath the car

fss found no blood Anywhere

LOL

Offline muratfan

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »
Because they were not given the key fob  8-)(--) 8-)(--)

And the FSS didn't examine the car  8-)(--) 8-)(--) 8-)(--)

debunker

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 11:40:12 PM »

The hire car was NEW and had max of 2/3 previous hirers and a limited passenger list, they were all interviewed,the hire car had blood in the boot, and elsewhere,keela reacted, aNd no one can say the fss found no blood just cellular material in one breath while in another breath saying it was gerrys blood  in the car

Gerry's blood was found on the key fob.

A mixed sample of several human's DNA was found in the back of the car. This was too small a sample to identify whether it was blood, other fluid or tissue. The DNA was not shown to be from Madeleine.

Offline muratfan

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 11:45:11 PM »

A mixed sample of several human's DNA was found in the back of the car. This was too small a sample to identify whether it was blood, other fluid or tissue. The DNA was not shown to be from Madeleine.

DB.... you know very well that the McCanns were ferrying around dead bodies for the Mafia whilst in Portugal, hence that is why the DNA was not Madeleine's ... Also as you know, the McCanns are/were so powerful in the whole world, that they managed to get Renault to build only one Scenic with a wheel well for them.  How powerful are the McCanns....we need to know

Offline muratfan

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »

Pls cite where the fss said any blood was found ta, much is made by the fss and the mccanns that NO blood were  found in the car or anywhere else

Try quoting properly next time... The McCann's said it was impossible for Madeleine's blood to be in the car, as it was put to them that it was Madeleine's blood that was found... Jeez some forkers are stoopid
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:54:27 AM by John »

Redblossom

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 12:04:55 AM »

Pls cite where the fss said any blood was found ta, much is made by the fss and the mccanns that NO blood were  found in the car or anywhere else, so all keelas alerts are erm not proven,  and they never said gerrsy blood was found did they now debunker? So what on whatbasis do you assert gerrys blood was found? Surely not JUST on SOME markers matching Gerrys whilst bleating another sample having SOME markers of Madeleines, also from a sample collected after the blood dog alerted  CANT be Madeleines.

debunker

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 12:07:51 AM »

Pls cite where the fss said any blood was found ta, much is made by the fss and the mccanns that NO blood were  found in the car or anywhere else, so all keelas alerts are erm not proven,  and they never said gerrsy blood was found did they now debunker? So what on whatbasis do you assert gerrys blood was found? Surely not JUST on SOME markers matching Gerrys whilst bleating another sample having SOME markers of Madeleines, also from a sample collected after the blood dog alerted  CANT be Madeleines.

Keela reacted to the key fob- 90% chance of the alert being correct and so identifying blood.

Gerry McCann's DNA found by LCNDNA analysis.

The human detritus found in the back of the car may or may not have been blood. 90% chance again. What was recovered was too small a sample to be identified as a particular fluid or solid.

Redblossom

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 12:20:25 AM »
Sorry debunker you cant have it both ways, keela reacts to blood, you accept she did on the key fob but in your mind the boot was full of stuff so she may not have done, LOL, wonder what amount of detritous stuff was behind the sofa too, hello? And how do you know the gkove pocket was not fulk of cra p too???

i wonder who it really is that makes it up as they go along here, mr grime or all the dogs snapping at his heels and having hernias cos they are getting NOWHERE
 8(>((

Nite now skeep tight

Offline muratfan

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »
Sorry debunker you cant have it both ways, keela reacts to blood, you accept she did on the key fob but in your mind the boot was full of stuff so she may not have done, LOL, wonder what amount of detritous stuff was behind the sofa too, hello? And how do you know the gkove pocket was not fulk of cra p too???

i wonder who it really is that makes it up as they go along here, mr grime or all the dogs snapping at his heels and having hernias cos they are getting NOWHERE
 8(>((

Nite now skeep tight

And in non drunk, hallucinogenic English please

debunker

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 12:34:09 AM »

8(>((

Nite now skeep tight

What I have written is accurate.

Are you drunk?