Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Misinformation corrected.  (Read 70929 times)

Offline Parky41

Re: Luke Mitchell - Misinformation corrected.
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »
Voldemort?
(&^&

Slytherin,  Those cunning folk use any means, To achieve their ends.     8)--)) *%87

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2019, 01:46:25 AM »
Murderer Malcolm Webster - Scotland's longest-lasting single accused criminal trial - 16 weeks
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2019, 11:04:51 AM »
Murderer Malcolm Webster - Scotland's longest-lasting single accused criminal trial - 16 weeks

Mitchell was tried for the murder and after Scotland's longest single-accused trial, Mitchell was convicted in January 2005. (Prior to the trial of Malcolm Webster which surpassed Mitchell’s case as the longest single-accused trial). He was sentenced to detention without limit of time with a minimum of 20 years even though there was no DNA evidence.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jodi_Jones
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2019, 11:12:59 AM »
Mitchell was tried for the murder and after Scotland's longest single-accused trial, Mitchell was convicted in January 2005. (Prior to the trial of Malcolm Webster which surpassed Mitchell’s case as the longest single-accused trial). He was sentenced to detention without limit of time with a minimum of 20 years even though there was no DNA evidence.

Sandra Lean and the Mitchell’s need updating also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7OVE_5L7Y

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:19:35 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »

“The murder trial began at the High Court in Glasgow on 1 February this year, making it the longest criminal trial with a single accused in Scottish legal history.
The jury took less than four hours to convict Webster.

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/malcolm-webster-guilty-of-killing-first-wife-and-attempted-murder-of-his-second-1-1648802

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2019, 11:37:12 AM »

“The Jodi Jones murder case is, it has been said, the longest Scottish murder trial against a single accused.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4192947.stm

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2019, 01:06:43 PM »

Sandra Lean Sept 2018
“This would be the biggest embarrassment possibly ever for the Scottish police.
It was such a big case, the longest trial of a single accused in Scottish history. He was 14 years old when they first targeted him.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16868077.crime-experts-fight-to-clear-luke-mitchell/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2019, 12:15:44 PM »
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg452720.html#new

SL

Also sated by SL. I'll post the Jigsawman (similar post!) later.

Any luck with this Parky?

Offline John

« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2019, 10:49:41 AM »
Sandra Lean answers questions following the James English podcast, "Did Luke Mitchell kill Jodi Jones" revealing more shocking details about the case.

The fly in the ointment for me sort of speak is the guy who boasted in prison that he killed Jodi Jones. Alan Roberts was a predator with learning difficulties who used the cycleways around Edinburgh regularly. He would go out on his bicycle armed with a rape kit which he could used to gag and restrain his victim. He was eventually caught and convicted, it was after this that he made the confession to a fellow prisoner. The police and Mitchell's defence team were told of Robert's confession at the time, he was thereafter interviewed in HMP Edinburgh by Lothian & Borders Police. I have always wondered if the unknown DNA found at the murderscene was ever cross checked against Robert's DNA. One would have thought that Mitchell's then defence team would have followed up on these things.

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/rape-kit-man-begins-life-sentence-for-sex-attack-1-1047688

On the other hand, there is evidence that Luke Mitchell had the opportunity to carry out the murder, at least three independent witnesses place him near the murderscene, he also had the perfect escape route back to his house without being seen walking along the main road. He had a history of cannabis abuse and had previously threatened another girl with a knife. All very sinister imo.

Q1. Sandra Lean has a history of forgetting things but to be fair she usually apologises and retracts later.

Q2. Sandra Lean takes so much for granted when she categorically claims that no clothes were burned. She has no special inside knowledge what occurred, she wasn't there, she is merely repeating the Mitchell story.  There was ample opportunity to dispose of items during the many hours following the murder when Luke Mitchell was allegedly playing in the woods.

Q3. Sandra Leans criticism of the police for allegedly not acquiring the mobile phone analysis of Luke's phone movements on the night of the murder is warranted but the failure of the defence to do so is inexcusable. The old legal aid excuse just doesn't wash IMO.  Luke Mitchell could very well have been seen with Jodi at the Easthouses end of the path, his mobile phone being in his jacket pocket. After all, he was seen at the other end of the path shortly after Jodi's murder by two independent witnesses in a car.

Q4. Sandra Lean claims that there was no forensic evidence linking Luke Mitchell to the crimescene or the crimescene to him. Given that it rained on the crimescene on the night following the murder it was to be expected that valuable forensic evidence would be washed away. The police failure to protect the crimescene is well documented, even the first forensic officer to attend the scene was so fat she couldn't get over the wall to inspect the body...what a shambles.  Forensics failed to identify any DNA connecting Luke Mitchell and Jodi Jones despite the fact that they were together earlier in the school day...failures all around agreed.

Q5. Fair point on the polygraph but as it is a fake science imo, I see it as being of limited use. There are exceptions of course, one being the Prout case when following a failed polygraph, Adrian Prout confessed to murdering his wife.

Q6. Repeat reference to contaminated crimescene covered in Q4 above.

Q7. I agreed that the police interview of 14-year-old Luke Mitchell was disgraceful but that doesn't render him not guilty. Sandra Lean suggests that Luke's conviction should be quashed merely because of the way in which he was interviewed, effectively a technical overturning of his conviction. This in itself smaks of sheer desperation imo.

Q8. Further reference to lack of forensics linking Luke Mitchell to the crimescene.

Q9. Sandra Lean suggests that old school defence lawyer Donald Findlay QC failed to grasp the extent to which the media involvement in the case affected the outcome.  He certainly cost an arm and a leg for all his failed efforts!

Q10. Sandra Lean questions the alibi provided in respect of Jodi's sister's boyfriend and other Jones family members. This blaming of others as a means to exonerate Luke Mitchell has been a consistent element of her involvement in the case.

She refers to the condom which found near the crimescene and again points out that there was no forensic connection to Luke Mitchell. She draws attention again to the police forensic failings and alleges that they intentionally briefed that the condom was unconnected to Jodi's murder.

Q11. Sandra Lean denies that she had blamed others for the murder of Jodi Jones but the documented online record speaks for itself. Sandra Lean claims that she is irrelevant in the case and is only the messenger...hmm

Q12. Sandra Lean claims to do what she does for Jodi's family just as much as for Luke's as neither have got justice. That is Sandra's opinion.

Q13. The question as to why only Luke Mitchell was treated as a suspect when others had been on the path the night that Jodi was murdered yet none of them were taken in for questioning that night, had their clothing taken for analysis or were subjected to a physical examination by a police doctor. Sandra Lean is right to ridicule the police actions but again, this has no relevance to Luke Mitchell's guilt or innocence.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:43:52 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »
Contd.

Sandra Lean answers questions following the James English podcast, "Did Luke Mitchell kill Jodi Jones" revealing more shocking details about the case.

Q14. Sandra Lean's response to the question as to why the Mitchell Alsatian Mia didn't find Jodi's body the first time she and Luke Mitchell walked past it is extremely convoluted. I would take the claim that the dog could be 'put into tracker mode' with a very big pinch of salt. In any event, Luke Mitchell had just walked along the path and found nothing whatsoever untoward, why on earth would he do anything differently on the way back unless he knew where Jodi's remains lay.

Q15. This question touches on Luke Mitchell's use of cannabis.  Immediately, Sandra goes into defensive mode and instead of answering the question posed, she goes off at a tangent to ask why the other cannabis users weren't investigated too.  I refer back to the James English interview at this point when Sandra Lean stated that Luke was a normal student with no issues. Is it normal for a 14-year-old schoolboy to be using his bedroom to weigh and package cannabis to be sold to other schoolchildren?  Clearly yet another large pinch of salt required.

Q16. This question touches on Luke's use of cannabis and how psychosis may have played a part in Jodi's murder. Sandra Lean again goes into a defensive mode pointing out that someone very close to Jodi, her brother actually, was allegedly on the highest prescription for psychosis even though he was a regular cannabis user.

Q17. This question was posed by someone who apparently knew Sandra Lean's daughters and had met Luke and his mother at the caravan park. They claim that his goth look made him stand out and an obvious target of police interest.  Sandra Lean rubbishes this observation yet she claims not to have known Luke or his mother prior to the murder.

Q18. This respondent asks why Sandra Lean only puts out facts and information favourable to Luke Mitchell. I think we all know the answer to that one.

Q19. This responded claimed that Sandra Lean has a motive and that is to prove that Luke Mitchell has no case to answer.  I wonder where he or she got that idea from?

Q20. This question relates to disclosure and the basis on which an appeal can be made. Sandra Lean states that only new evidence which has surfaced since the initial trial can be used in an appeal. She asks how Donald Findlay can defend against something he doesn't know about?

Q21. This from someone who knew a policeman who worked on the case. Claims that the moment he heard about the murder he knew that Luke Mitchell was involved. Also claims that he told his own son to keep away from Mitchell at school. Sandra Lean replies that this is the problem with this case, many claims but no context, no evidence, nothing.  Could this be another instance where Sandra Lean is blind to incriminating evidence?

Q22. Raises the claim that convicted rapist Robert Greens might have been the killer. Sandra Lean states that the police refused to give an answer when asked if Greens had been investigated with respect to Jodi's murder.

Q23. Asks why Luke didn't show emotion. Sandra Lean explains that he was warned not to show emotion as he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. She goes on to explain that Mitchell was on strong medication, the purpose of which was to stifle such emotions.

Q24. Respondent asks why Sandra Lean stopped working on the case?  Sandra states that she stopped working bon it in 2014 but started again in 2016. She explains that when the SCCRC refused to refer the case to the Court of Appeal on the evidence she had presented that she felt that there was nowhere left to go.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 02:48:17 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2019, 01:01:04 AM »
Look like your reply broken John.

Contd.

Q14. Sandra Lean's response to the question as to why the Mitchell Alsatian Mia didn't find Jodi's body the first time she and Luke Mitchell walked past it is extremely convoluted. I would take the claim that the dog could be 'put into tracker mode' with a very big pinch of salt.

regarding this

Q11. Sandra Lean denies that she had blamed others for the murder of Jodi Jones but the documented online record speaks for itself. Sandra Lean claims that she is irrelevant in the case and is only the messenger...hmm

i share your doubt here. woiuld like to be able to establish with certainty prior links to the acccused family but havent ben able to concretely yet.  i was one of those cockburn street youths of years 2002 or about then and remember sandras daughter and luke being pals. (he sold me hash once lol) seems very likely to me that they all knew each other even then

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2019, 11:29:07 PM »
"Explaining his motivation, Mr Binstead said: “I had contemplated writing the book for some years because I had always been fascinated by the mysterious and unique case of Gordon Park.

“What finally provoked me into actually putting pen to paper was a 2015 book 'No Smoke!

The Shocking Truth About British Justice,' which singles out case in question and seeks to depict it as an example of flawed police investigation, a totally misconceived decision to prosecute it, and finally a wrongful decision by the jury to convict the accused.

“As I had been involved in the case as a prosecutor and was very familiar with the evidence on which the case was based, I strongly felt that I should redress the balance.”

Mr Binstead's book is fiercely critical of Dr Lean's book.

He states: “Whatever merits Sandra Lean's book and her appraisal of the evidence in the Park case may have, they are, to my mind, completely eclipsed by her entrenched and overwhelming antagonism towards and her disdain for the way that the organs of the criminal justice system operate and conduct their affairs.”
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Former-prosecutor-publishes-book-backing-Lady-in-the-Lake-murder-conviction-5999268a-951e-413c-9ed6-9562fdc5819f-ds

"NO Smoke" Should be Revised or Withdrawn - http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8086.0.html

Described as full and frank”, Mr Binstead's book – A Very Cumbrian Murder – provides an exhaustive review of the evidence that convicted Park, pointing out that he was paid £50,000 by a national newspaper for an interview about the case.
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/16759455.former-prosecutor-publishes-book-backing-lady-in-the-lake-murder-conviction/

Gordon Park was paid £50,000 for an interview with the Mail on Sunday https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=SZeFTLPGtigC&pg=PT274&lpg=PT274&dq=gordon+park+paid+£50,000+for+interview&source=bl&ots=iBPefMrN2F&sig=ACfU3U1kk7RnLjGHQFTgnmdPYlOY_U30zA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi7ofy[Name removed]MDlAhXzoXEKHbn8CSIQ6AEwD3oECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=gordon%20park%20paid%20£50%2C000%20for%20interview&f=false
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:43:55 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Parky41

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2019, 09:54:53 AM »
Look like your reply broken John.

regarding this

i share your doubt here. woiuld like to be able to establish with certainty prior links to the acccused family but havent ben able to concretely yet.  i was one of those cockburn street youths of years 2002 or about then and remember sandras daughter and luke being pals. (he sold me hash once lol) seems very likely to me that they all knew each other even then
Did Ms Lean not take one of her daughters to visit with Luke in prison?
I vaguely remember something around this - of Ms Lean making a point, that of her firm belief in his innocence.
That in taking her daughter, it was not something she would do, if having doubts about his guilt. I thought it rather odd,
that she would just tag her daughter along, that this visit perhaps was for her daughter - to visit their friend.

It also seemed rather odd - that Ms Mitchell in September 2003, would just hear of this woman who believed in Luke's innocence,
subsequently arriving at Ms Leans door.
Were Luke and her daughter - still seeing each other after this girl was murdered? This friendship therefore bringing Ms Mitchell to Ms Leans door?
Did this friendship, the trust that her daughter may have had in Luke, kickstart Ms Leans involvement?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2019, 04:48:15 PM »
Did Ms Lean not take one of her daughters to visit with Luke in prison?
I vaguely remember something around this - of Ms Lean making a point, that of her firm belief in his innocence.
That in taking her daughter, it was not something she would do, if having doubts about his guilt. I thought it rather odd,
that she would just tag her daughter along, that this visit perhaps was for her daughter - to visit their friend.

It also seemed rather odd - that Ms Mitchell in September 2003, would just hear of this woman who believed in Luke's innocence,
subsequently arriving at Ms Leans door.
Were Luke and her daughter - still seeing each other after this girl was murdered? This friendship therefore bringing Ms Mitchell to Ms Leans door?
Did this friendship, the trust that her daughter may have had in Luke, kickstart Ms Leans involvement?

Interesting theory Parky?

No idea, however the daughter to which you refer has been vocal about Luke Mitchell and has posted on the forum/s in the past.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2021, 06:37:09 PM »
Stephen Bennett Retweeted
Claire C
@xMrsCCx
I did always find this an interesting case, for such an awful murder, doesn't make sense for there to be no DNA of his at the scene; but there was her sister bfs on her T-shirt! He passed a lie detector test for another programme #jodijones #lukemitchell

https://mobile.twitter.com/xMrsCCx/status/1362693458289430528

http://www.stephenabennett.com/about/index/

Stephen Bennett
@hello_bennett
Police Scotland satisfied they caught the right man in the Jodi Jones murder.  'Murder in a Small Town', Wed 24th / Thurs 25th, Channel 5 at 9pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/hello_bennett/status/1362778284589780998

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19103764.jodi-jones-murder-police-scotland-satisfied-luke-mitchell-killer/

Jodi Jones murder: Police Scotland 'satisfied' Luke Mitchell is killer
POLICE Scotland say they are "satisfied" they caught the right man in connection with the 2003 muder of Jodi Jones.

The force’s defence comes ahead of a new documentary on the killing of the Dalkeith teen, which suggests Luke Mitchell might be the victim of a miscarriage of justice.

He’s protested his innocence ever since his arrest as a 14 year old.

Two former police detectives hired by a new Channel 5 documentary, Murder in a small town, say they believe the now 32-year old man is innocent.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 06:54:16 PM by Nicholas »