Author Topic: Translation of the diary of Vincent Tabak  (Read 6797 times)

Offline Leonora

Translation of the diary of Vincent Tabak
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »
December 2010
17. Worked on tender for Grand Mosque at Mekka. Alone at home after work, as Tanja was at works party until after midnight.
18. Collected Tanja from the bus at 1.38 a.m. Helped landlord Chris Jefferies move his car in the snow during the morning. At 24th birthday party for Elizabeth Marland at the Pitcher & Piano with Tanja during the evening.
20. Woken at 4.15 a.m. by a police officer, Anneleise Jackson, with another police officer and the neighbour, Greg Reardon, whose girlfriend, Joanna Yeates, had gone missing. E-mailed Tanja at work about how upset I was about this. Tanja e-mailed back, "Hope she will turn up at home all of a sudden". I attended a dinner party at Glen O'hare's in the evening with Tanja.
21. Questioned by detective constable Simon Mills in connection with Joanna Yeates's disappearance. During the afternoon I sent Tanja a link to the video of a gloomy press conference the police had just held, with Joanna's tearful parents and boyfriend. We were both surprised that they thought she might have left home by herself, and Tanja wrote that it was "creepy".
22. Asked boss, Shrikant Sharma, for his understanding over the difficulties caused by the intense police and media interest.
23. Tanja e-mailed me at work that she is feeling "unsettled" by the police investigation, and a little later, "Don't read the latest BBC News - it's so upsetting, I had to get up from my desk". I e-mailed her that it would help if I read less news. Police officers searched the flat. Drove with Tanja to Babraham, Cambridge, to stay at Tanja's parents'.
24. Detective Constable Karen Thomas rang to ask for more details of events on 17 to 19 December.
25. Discussed the discovery of Joanna's body with Tanja's parents and brother Gunter.
28. Drove with Tanja via Channel Tunnel to Netherlands for New Year in two chalets in a holiday colony with Marcel and his three children, Ilse and Eileen and their husbands, and Cora.
29. Saw angry Chris Jefferies on the news saying some very strange things to a crowd of journalists outside our house in Clifton.
30. Saw on the news from England that Chris Jefferies had been arrested. Talked to Tanja about telling the police what the landlord had seen and the movement of his car. Tanja phoned to Bristol. The police want to interview us in Holland.
31. Drove with Tanja and Eileen to a hotel at Schiphol to be interviewed for 6 hours by DC Karen Thomas and her colleague. She kept twisting what we said to her. She took a swab for DNA. Then back to the colony. E-mailed Erik to wish him happy new year and tell him that Tanja and I plan to get married.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:23:20 PM by John »

Offline Leonora

Re: Translation of the diary of Vincent Tabak
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:44:45 PM »
January 2011
02. Drove with Tanja to Clifton via Channel Tunnel. Went to 44 Canynge Road to collect our things. Let into our flat by Police Constable Steve Archer. Took possession of a flat at 37 Aberdeen Road, Cotham, belonging to Emily Williams, a former Dyson colleague of Tanja's who is on a month's vacation in Chile.
03. Saw a report in The Daily Mail that a sample of DNA found on Joanna Yeates's body could be crucial in the hunt for her killer.
05. Back to work.
15. Went for a cycle ride. While stopping at 44 Canynge Road, I was approached by a short-sighted reporter, Hilary Douglas, who wanted to know if I had murdered Joanna. I told her that we were all very upset by her death, and that I only came back there at weekends. In the evening, I went with Tanja to a dinner party at Andrew Lillie's and Laura in St Andrews. Sat next to Louise Abthorpe. Sarah Maddock was also there.
20. At 5.57 a.m. I was woken by a banging on the door. A man's voice said, "Open up, Mr. Tabak, it's the police." When I opened the door, the Detective Constable standing there, Geoffrey Colvin, arrested me and drove me to Trinity Road police station. My clothes and glasses were taken away, and I was examined and photographed by the Duty Nurse, Ruth Booth-Pearson. She took a swab for DNA, and gave me some old clothes that didn't fit, and a pair of plastic glasses that were difficult to see through. I was taken to an interview room, where Detective Constable Richard Barnston introduced me to a Duty Solicitor from Crossman & Co and an Interpreter. He questioned me until tea-time. The solicitor advised me to answer "No comment" to most of the questions. She prepared a statement describing my movements on the 17 December 2010 and declaring that I did not know Joanna Yeates. After I had signed it, I was locked in a cell.
21. Another day of interrogation, this time with Detective Constable Paul Derrick. He claimed that analysis of the swab taken the day before had shown that my DNA matched a sample of DNA found on Joanna's body. I signed a statement that the solicitor drew up, challenging this analysis and the integrity of the scientist who carried it out. I was taken to the Magistrate's Court so that he could approve an application to detain me longer.
22. Another day of interrogation. The Detective stated that incriminating searches had been found on my computers, so the solicitor got me to sign a statement that I was the only one who had used the computer previously shared with Tanja. At 9.30 p.m. He charged me with the murder of Joanna Yeates and locked me in a cell.
24. At 9.00 a.m. I was handcuffed and taken again, in a van this time, to the Magistrate's Court. I was to be represented by Paul Cook QC. At 10.00 a.m. I was led into Courtroom 1, which was crowded with people, to appear before William Summers. The Public Prosecutor, Ann Reddrop, told him that I was charged with murdering Joanna Yeates between 16 and 26 December 2010. Mr. Cook stated that I would be applying for bail. I was taken in a van to Horfield Prison, where I stayed in my cell, to avoid unpleasantness. Cora and Marcel have hired a professional spokesman, Paul Vermeij, to answer the questions about me that the press have been asking them. I have spoken to Cora on the phone, but I am not allowed to talk to her substantively about the case.
25. I was taken in a van to Bristol Crown Court to appear at 10.00 a.m. before Mr Justice Colman Treacy for a bail hearing. Paul Cook QC advised me not to apply for bail. Ann Reddrop told the court that I was a person of good
character, both in England and in Holland, but that the CPS opposed bail for failing to surrender and for interfering in the course of justice. After the hearing, I was taken in a van to Gloucester prison, where I was put in a cell without a proper toilet. Paul Vermeij has told "De Telegraaf" that I have denied the charges against me, and that my family believe me to be innocent.
26. I was taken by van to Long Lartin Prison, Worcestershire, and assigned a cell with a perspex door in the health unit.
31. I was taken to the prison's TV studio to appear by video-link before Judge Treacy at Bristol Crown Court again. The Public Prosecutor, Nigel Lickley QC, told the judge that Crown would serve the case papers by 1 April 2011 at the latest, and would expect the defence case statement to be submitted by 28 April 2011. The judge told the court that a plea hearing would be held in this court on 4 May 2011. He pencilled in 4 October 2011 for the start of the trial. He told me that I would have the opportunity to speak to my lawyer, Michael Fitton QC, later this week.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:46:38 PM by Leonora »

Offline [...]

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »
leonora... Is this your interpretation of events????  or is it the real diary....

The Heading is "The Translation".... so he writes in Dutch as I suspected all along %£&)**#

Offline [...]

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 02:03:25 PM »
January 2011

She took a swab for DNA, and gave me some old clothes that didn't fit, and a pair of plastic glasses that were difficult to see through. I was taken to an interview room, where Detective Constable Richard Barnston introduced me to a Duty Solicitor from Crossman & Co and an Interpreter.

21. Another day of interrogation, this time with Detective Constable Paul Derrick. He claimed that analysis of the swab taken the day before had shown that my DNA matched a sample of DNA found on Joanna's body.

So it was the second DNA swab that they took that was a supposed match...... What happened to the DNA from his Holland interview?????

Did his solicitor not argue this point?????

Is this the Police conference that was pulled ... the one showing Greg??????

When he had talked of Joanna Yeates in the past tense... There could have been many reasons for him doing so... so why pull the Conference?????

Offline [...]

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 02:22:48 PM »
December 2010

21. Questioned by detective constable Simon Mills in connection with Joanna Yeates's disappearance. During the afternoon I sent Tanja a link to the video of a gloomy press conference the police had just held, with Joanna's tearful parents and boyfriend. We were both surprised that they thought she might have left home by herself, and Tanja wrote that it was "creepy".

Leonora if these are indeed the diary entries of Dr Vincent Tabak... I have a question:....

At Line 267 of the prosecution chart
at 15.00 pm on 21 December 2010, Tabak searched the words
‘Extradition of Dutchman’
‘Jo Yeates’
At Line 271 of the prosecution chart
Tabak searched the Dutch word
‘doodslag’ (English meaning: ‘manslaughter’)

A perfect opportunity for the Police to have in the searches the VIDEO LINK he sent Tanja.....

So where is it??????

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

Offline [...]

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 03:07:07 PM »
January 2011
02. Drove with Tanja to Clifton via Channel Tunnel. Went to 44 Canynge Road to collect our things. Let into our flat by Police Constable Steve Archer. Took possession of a flat at 37 Aberdeen Road, Cotham, belonging to Emily Williams, a former Dyson colleague of Tanja's who is on a month's vacation in Chile.

Why have the Police took possesion of Dr Vincent Tabaks Flat???? Why are the police allowing him in, I mean in the sense that he doesn't need their permission to get access to his own flat!!!!!!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 03:13:46 PM »
December 2010
17. Worked on tender for Grand Mosque at Mekka. Alone at home after work, as Tanja was at works party until after midnight.

If he was working on the tender for the mosque... surely there are times stamps?????

Is this WHY The Defence KNEW he was at home until 9:29pm on Friday 17th December 2010!!!!!

Offline Leonora

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 08:34:55 PM »
leonora... Is this your interpretation of events????  or is it the real diary....

The Heading is "The Translation".... so he writes in Dutch as I suspected all along %£&)**#
I am no Nick Pisa (thank goodness), so it would be sensational if I really had bought Vincent Tabak's diary from a fellow prisoner who had snatched it. This is a timeline based entirely on published sources, without any interpretation on my part. Putting it into the first person seemed the best solution, and styling it a "translation" was necessary because we both know that any such real diary would have been written in Dutch.

The press conference referred to IS the one in which both Greg and her parents took part. It was still available online last time I looked. Paul Derrick was cross-examined briefly at the trial by William Clegg, to no other purpose than to discredit Crossman & Co.

This thread is NOT appropriate for questions like, "Why this?" "Why that?" or even "Where did you get that from?" as it seriously interrupts the timeline, which as you see, is short of several months that I am still compiling, and will post as and when I complete each one.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
February 2011
2. A prison chaplain, Peter Brotherton, came to the health unit and introduced himself to me, in response to my request for counselling. Marcel has been interviewed on TV by Radio Netherlands Worldwide. He told them he cannot imagine I could do anything like strangling my neighbour and dumping the body. He explained that he had known me for a long time, and described me as "friendly, warm and helpful". He said the family couldn't understand why I should even be a suspect, as they had little information and had seen no evidence. He told the interviewer that my girlfriend had been worried about our safety, because if that could happen to our neighbour, then it could happen to her.
3 or 4. My lawyer came to see me. He advised me to plead guilty of manslaughter. He explained what he knew about the case against me, and why his colleagues had changed their minds about the bail application. I was shocked.
5. Peter Brotherton came to see me again, but he could only spare 5 minutes.
8. Peter Brotherton came again. This time we talked about my situation and the young lady in Bristol. I told him that I was thinking of changing my plea to guilty. He offered to say a prayer in English with me, and to talk to Tanja when she is eventually allowed to visit me. This upset me, especially as I am not religious. He angered me by adding that he would have to report our conversation to the authorities.
10. I am 33 years old today. This is the loneliest birthday I have had. I wish they would let me receive visitors.
14. Marcel was allowed to visit me, together with a friend and my girlfrend. It was also the first time since I was arrested that Tanja had been allowed to see me. She was very miserable. She would like to have attended Joanna's funeral in Hampshire, to show her sympathy with the family, but the authorities had made sure that she had an appointment here that she could not miss.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »
May 2011
5. Plea hearing by video-link before a new judge, Richard Field. It was originally to have been held yesterday. My new barrister, William Clegg QC, was in court at the Old Bailey, London, instead of Bristol Crown Court. He is instructed by my new solicitor, Ian Kelcey. The Prosecutor, Nigel Lickley QC, told the court that Joanna Yeates was murdered between 16th and 19th December 2010. He applied for my trial to be held in Winchester instead of Bristol, but Mr Clegg opposed this. Mr Justice Field said that I will appear before a pre-trial hearing at some date in July 2011 yet to be fixed. Joanna's parents were in court. They told the press afterwards that they had known about the manslaughter plea beforehand. Paul Vermeij told the press that it was shocking news. He was very surprised, and added that there had been no suggestion of this. A journalist contacted Ilse, but she had nothing to say to the press. Joran Jessuran tweeted that he didn't expect this.

September 2011
7. Mr Clegg got the Recorder of Bristol, Judge Neil Ford, to hold a brief Defence hearing without me. Mr Clegg explained that we are preparing an enhanced statement setting out the timing and details of Joanna's death and the moving of the body to Failand. He told the judge that this will be submitted by 19 September 2011. He applied for me to be held at Bristol prison for the duration of the trial, to spare me the daily ordeal of the 4 hour round trip between Long Lartin and Bristol. The Prosecutor, Nigel Lickley QC, said that the jury will be taken to see Joanna's flat and also to Longwood Lane. Judge Ford adjourned the case until 20 September 2011, when he stated that a pre-trial review hearing will be held.
20. My hair has started to go grey, and I still can't bring myself to sign the enhanced statement. I travelled to Bristol for the first time since January, to appear before Judge Martin Picton for my pre-trial hearing at Bristol Crown Court. This was originally scheduled for July. The judge was very annoyed that he still hadn't received the enhanced statement yesterday, and insisted that it must be signed and submitted by 4 pm on Friday. Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones sat in front of me in court. I was guarded by four security officers. It was the first time I had actually been in the same room as Mr Lickley. He told the court that my trial will include a digital presentation, and that the jurors will by led along the route he claims that Joanna took on Friday 17 December, from the Hophouse pub to 44 Canynge Road. He put eleven other points to the judge for our consideration, but Mr Clegg allowed each of them without any dispute.
22. Signed my enhanced statement and sent it off at last. Phew!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:24:16 AM by Leonora »

Offline Leonora

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
October 2011
4. Taken to Bristol Crown Court for the selection of jurors. Each of 32 candidates was asked if they knew any of the witnesses or had any connection BDP, Buro Happold or Dyson. They were also asked if they had had any contact with the police during "Operation Braid", and to confirm that they are available throughout the next 4 weeks. 14 of them were eliminated at this stage. Of those 18 who remained, 6 young men and 6 young women were chosen at random. The rest were told that they might be called upon as reserves. Mr Justice Field told those who had been selected to consider overnight whether there were reasons, such as a hospital appointment, as to why they could not be one of the jurors. He also warned the 18-strong panel not to carry out their own investigation into the disappearance of Joanna Yeates. Mr Field added that he did not want the jurors to hunt for old reports about the case by using computer search engines or any other method, or discuss the case at home or with other people. "You know who the defendant is and who the deceased is and I must instruct you to avoid undertaking any inquiries at all about the background of this case," the judge said. "The position is that the defendant must be tried only on the evidence that is heard in this court room. If other information starts to leak in, that pollutes the system of justice," he explained. Mr Justice Field told the jury-in-waiting to return to court tomorrow morning to be sworn in.
5. Taken to Bristol Crown Court for the judge to address the jurors, who expected the trial to start tomorrow. The Crown Prosecutor, Nigel Lickley QC, submitted 1300 pages of new evidence. My lawyer, William Clegg QC, was shocked. He asked for an adjournment, to give him and his colleagues time to study it. The judge granted us until Monday. Before sending the jurors home for the night, Mr Justice Field told the possible jurors that he had "stern instructions" for them. He said: "It is most important you don't read or take any notice of any publications concerning this case." He said that meant they should not look at reports of the current proceedings at Bristol crown court or reports from when Joanna Yeates went missing. "Do not look at anything on social network sites or other social websites," he added. He told them that, once sworn in, they would not be needed again in court until Monday.
6. Taken to Bristol Crown Court for the jurors to be sworn in. Then they went home.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:22:59 PM by John »

Offline Leonora

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
October 2011
10. Nigel Lickley QC opened the case for the prosecution. Marcel was in the public gallery. Joanna's parents were in the public gallery. The court was shown CCTV video clips of Joanna Yeates and Greg Reardon going to work on 17 December 2010, and of Joanna inside the Bristol Ram pub. A photo of her bloodstained pink top was shown. The court was shown CCTV video clips of Joanna in Waitrose, buying two bottles of cider in Bargain Booze, Regent Street, Clifton Village, and buying a pizza in Tesco Express in Clifton Village. The court was shown CCTV video clips of two of the witnesses who heard screams in Canynge Road, a cyclist whom Mr Lickley said was me on my way home from Temple Meads Station, a silver Renault Megane that he said I was driving through Bristol around 10 p.m. on the evening in question, me inside Asda at Bedminster, a silver Renault Megane that he said I was driving along roads that lead to Longwood Lane, and Tanja & me arm-in-arm near the fast-food outlet where we stopped after I collected her from the bus. The court heard a recording of Greg Reardon's 999 call, in which he reported his girlfriend missing. The court heard e-mails read out that Tanja and I exchanged while we were at work during the week when Joanna was missing. The court was shown photos of the spot where Joanna's body was found, photos of the inside of her flat showing the boots she had been wearing the evening she was at the Bristol Ram pub and her purse on the table, and photos of her body covered in snow.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »
October 2011
11. Nigel Lickley QC finished his opening presentation of the prosecution's case, during which the court was shown photos of Joanna Yeates's blood on the stone wall in Longwood Lane, and of the Renault Megane which he said was used to transport Joanna's body, including the open boot where he said spots of her blood were found. My lawyer William Clegg QC addressed the jury, telling them to stand outside 53 Canynge Road to question whether they would be able to hear screams coming from inside Joanna's flat.
12. The judge, the jurors and the journalists were taken on a field visit to 44 Canynge Road, Clifton Village and Longwood Lane, but I did not accompany them.
13. Junior Counsel Nicholas Rowland cross-examined the first of the Prosecution witnesses to testify, and read out statements from others who were not called. Joanna's parents were in the public gallery. Landscape architect Darragh Bellew told the court that, on the evening of 17 December 2010, he had accompanied Joanna from the BDP offices, where they both worked, to the Bristol Ram pub, where they joined a group of colleagues, and she stood him a pint of beer. The court was shown a CCTV video clip in which they each drew money from a cash dispenser on their way to the pub. Counsel read out statements from architectural assistant Michael Brown, who had been at the pub, and architect Samuel Huscroft, former BDP employee Peter Lindsell, and Joanna's brother's schoolfriend Matthew Wood, each of whom had exchanged texts with Joanna. Mr Rowland cross-examined Fr George Henwood, who had exchanged a remark about the weather with someone he later realised had been Joanna while walking his dog in Clifton on the evening of 17 December 2010. Mr Clegg also cross-examined Fr Henwood. Mr Rowland read out statements from BDP office manager Elizabeth Chandler, who had been in the pub with Joanna, teacher Matthew Phillips, who had heard a commotion from outside 53 Canynge Road, and Warren Street, who had been with Matthew Phillips but had heard neither commotion nor screams. Mr Rowland cross-examined Percival Court resident Harry Walker, who had heard screams while watching TV with his fiancée. Mr Rowland read out statements from Tanja's friends Andrew Lillie, Sarah Maddock and Louise Apthorpe, about the dinner party we attended five days before my arrest. Mr Rowland cross-examined Florian and Zoe Lehman about the screams they heard coming from the direction of 44 Canynge Road. Mr Clegg also cross-examined Zoe Lehman. Mr Rowland read out a statement about me by Linda Marland, the mother of Tanja's friend Elizabeth Marland.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:07:04 PM by Leonora »

Offline Leonora

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »
October 2011
17. Joanna's parents were in the public gallery. Counsel for the Prosecution Nigel Lickley QC cross-examined Home Office pathologist Dr Russell Delaney. Counsel read out extracts from my enhanced statement of 22 September 2011, describing how Joanna came to be strangled. My defence lawyer, William Clegg QC, also cross-examined Dr Delaney. The prosecution called Joanna's best friend, Rebecca Scott, to testify about Joanna's relationship to Greg Reardon and her phone contacts during the weekend of 17 December 2010. Joanna's boyfriend, Greg Reardon, took the stand to describe his return to the flat on 19 December 2010 after his weekend in Sheffield. The court was shown a CCTV video clip showing Joanna and her boyfriend setting off through the snow for work on 17 December 2010, and a diagram he had made for the police to show the strange movements he had discovered in the flat on his return. Mr Lickley cross-examined him. After lunch, Detective Constable Karen Thomas told the court about her two interviews with us, in Clifton and at Schiphol on new year's eve. A statement by Anneleise Jackson, the police officer who came to 44 Canynge Road in response to Greg Reardon's 999 call, was read out. The jury was sent out while a point of law was discussed. Then Anneleise Jackson's 2nd witness statement, describing her interview with Joanna's parents, was read out. The jury was sent out again while a point of law was discussed. Statements were read to the court from Detective Constable Simon Mills, who had interviewed us when Joanna was first reported missing, and from my boss Shrikant Sharma, about the effect of the missing persons investigation on my work.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 02:17:41 PM »
October 2011
18. Joanna Yeates's parents and her boyfriend Greg Reardon were in the public gallery. A statement was read out from forensic archaeologist Dr. Karl Harrison, a Forensic Archaeologist at Cranfield University, describing how Joanna’s body was covered with leaves. A photo of Joanna’s body, lying fully clothed in the foetal position, with her pink top pushed up, was shown to the jury. Forensic scientist Tania Nickson (School of Defence & Security, Cranfield University, Shrivenham) testified about the bloodstain on the wall in Longwood Lane. Mr Clegg cross-examined Tania Nickson briefly. Lindsay Lennen, a body fluids and DNA specialist on the staff of LGC Forensics, testified about the DNA evidence. Mr Clegg cross-examined Lindsay Lennen. DC Geoffrey Colvin testified about how he arrested me and took me to Trinity Road police station. A statement was read out from nurse Ruth Booth-Pearson about her medical examination of me after I was arrested. Salvation Army prison chaplain Peter Brotherton testified about his three conversations in prison with me. Mr Clegg cross-examined Peter Brotherton. Dr Jennifer Miller (director at Northlight Heritage, Glasgow) testified about her examination of the contents of Joanna Yeates’s stomach. Maria and Peter Brown both gave statements saying people had attended a Christmas party they held at their top-floor flat, on the opposite side of Canynge Road from Joanna Yeates’s flat, on the night she disappeared. A statement was read out from Glen O’Hare, a lecturer friend of Tanja’s, about my behaviour and remarks at a dinner party that Glen had hosted on 20th December 2010. An admission statement was read out about 11 fibres alleged to be from my black wool coat that were found on Joanna Yeates’s body, and an alleged match between other fibres found on her clothes and body and the lining of the boot of the car I was driving. DC Richard Barnston testified about his tape-recorded interview with me following my arrest. DC Paul Derrick testified, denying that there was tension between himself and my female duty solicitor. Mr Clegg cross-questioned DC Paul Derrick as to whether she was out of her depth. He answered “No”.