Author Topic: McCanns application to have Supreme Court judgement annulled dismissed.  (Read 38135 times)

Offline Montclair

Re: McCanns application to have Supreme Court judgement annulled dismissed.
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »
Was it the one where he criticises the PJ?  He won't be back in Portugal anytime soon.

Where do you get this idea that he is not in Portugal? Gonçalo Amaral lives in Lisbon and one tabloid took a photo of him recently drinking a beer in a café in Lisbon.

stephen25000

« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »
Where do you get this idea that he is not in Portugal? Gonçalo Amaral lives in Lisbon and one tabloid took a photo of him recently drinking a beer in a café in Lisbon.

It is what they like to believe in mythland.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »
I know you are being supportive of the McCanns Brietta but do you really think it's helpful forcing them into the position that, because their supporters expect it, they take their case to the ECHR ?

The press seem to think it is unlikely going by all the stuff printed since 21st March 2017.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »
I know you are being supportive of the McCanns Brietta but do you really think it's helpful forcing them into the position that, because their supporters expect it, they take their case to the ECHR ?

Well, if they do and they get rejected again it might finally sink in that defamation has to be proved, not just alleged.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »
Well, if they do and they get rejected again it might finally sink in that defamation has to be proved, not just alleged.

Well as they would be taking the State of Portugal to court, it would seem very likely the case would never be heard.

Alfie

« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »
If someone wrote a book in which the author claimed you had hidden your child's body and yet there was no evidence that you had done so, and following an extensive police investigation you had never been charged let alone arrested, so in the eyes of the law were innocent, would you not consider the book defamatory?  If not, why not?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
Well as they would be taking the State of Portugal to court, it would seem very likely the case would never be heard.

I wonder if there will be an attempt to sequester the funds of The State of Portugal ?.

stephen25000

« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »
I wonder if there will be an attempt to sequester the funds of The State of Portugal ?.

@)(++(* @)(++(*

I'm sure the Portuguese could give them as few Pilchards.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2017, 06:03:38 PM »
I thought it was obvious that there was defamation, so there is nothing to prove.  Anyone just need ask themselves would they like those accusations be presented in a book that make it sound like it was the truth and your own theory called a lie. 
Damages might need to be proved though.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2017, 06:05:37 PM »
@)(++(* @)(++(*

I'm sure the Portuguese could give them as few Pilchards.
Have they munched through all the sardines?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2017, 06:55:42 PM »
IMO the McCanns need to keep the Portuguese Judiciary & State onside while the investigation is ongoing. Any move to damage Portugal's reputation before a conclusion, in whatever form, is reached will mean the last 10 years of searching & court actions have been absolutely wasted.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »
IMO the McCanns need to keep the Portuguese Judiciary & State onside while the investigation is ongoing. Any move to damage Portugal's reputation before a conclusion, in whatever form, is reached will mean the last 10 years of searching & court actions have been absolutely wasted.

I agree with that to a point Misty.  But how to gauge exactly how far the Portuguese establishment have actually been onside with them?
Should Madeleine be found I think there are those within that establishment who are of the belief that will be enough to damage Portugal's reputation.

The McCanns are indeed in a catch 22 situation ... but I think any chance for Madeleine now lies with the ECHR.
They will undoubtedly know better than I what their status is and will act appropriately.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2017, 10:55:50 PM »

Madeleine's parents will take whatever course of action they choose based on what is in her best interests.  The only expectation I have of them is that consideration for Madeleine and her brother and sister will remain at the heart of everything they do.  The word for that is love.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2017, 05:46:12 AM »
Madeleine's parents will take whatever course of action they choose based on what is in her best interests.  The only expectation I have of them is that consideration for Madeleine and her brother and sister will remain at the heart of everything they do.  The word for that is love.
It is the waiting that gets me.  I'm really impatient.
Moderation