Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 242083 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »
This John McDonnell's a classy bloke isn't he?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/esther-mcvey-lynching-mp-john-8125900

Has this got anything at all to do with why he and his good pal Corbyn are so popular with so many McCann "sceptics"?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2015, 10:11:48 AM »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/esther-mcvey-lynching-mp-john-8125900

Has this got anything at all to do with why he and his good pal Corbyn are so popular with so many McCann "sceptics"?

Some people may be so shallow, just as some people may be shallow enough to support Cameron because he referred to immigrants as a 'swarm'. This made me wonder why McVey is being attacked?

Esther McVey is committed to and defends sanctioning benefit claimants. She defended the policy at a select committee inquiry into sanctions. The case of a diabetic who died after his electricity was cut off because he was sanctioned and had no money was raised. His sister said 'diabetics can't wait two weeks for a hardship payment to be authorised'

A Labour MP said;

Once again Esther McVey has shown a stunning disregard for the mountain of evidence provided during this inquiry from individuals, academics and organisations who have seen first-hand, or worse experienced, the effect of this government’s inhumane approach to sanctioning, especially against vulnerable people.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/02/grieving-relative-confronts-dwp-minister-esther-mcvey-after-benefit-sanctions

McVey seems to lack empathy for the disadvantaged of the UK.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2015, 10:16:08 AM »
Some people may be so shallow, just as some people may be shallow enough to support Cameron because he referred to immigrants as a 'swarm'. This made me wonder why McVey is being attacked?

Esther McVey is committed to and defends sanctioning benefit claimants. She defended the policy at a select committee inquiry into sanctions. The case of a diabetic who died after his electricity was cut off because he was sanctioned and had no money was raised. His sister said 'diabetics can't wait two weeks for a hardship payment to be authorised'

A Labour MP said;

Once again Esther McVey has shown a stunning disregard for the mountain of evidence provided during this inquiry from individuals, academics and organisations who have seen first-hand, or worse experienced, the effect of this government’s inhumane approach to sanctioning, especially against vulnerable people.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/02/grieving-relative-confronts-dwp-minister-esther-mcvey-after-benefit-sanctions

McVey seems to lack empathy for the disadvantaged of the UK.
And John McDonnell's solution is to lynch her!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »
And John McDonnell's solution is to lynch her!

Did you read the article you posted a link to? As I understood it he never suggested that. He commented about others suggesting it.
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
Did you read the article you posted a link to? As I understood it he never suggested that. He commented about others suggesting it.

The Hayes and Harlington MP reportedly said: “I was up in Liverpool a fortnight ago where Alec McFadden, one of our (union) organisers, launched the Sack Esther McVey Day on her birthday.

“I spoke at a packed public meeting ... there was a whole group in the audience that completely kicked off quite critical of the whole concept, because they were arguing ‘Why we are sacking her. Why aren’t we lynching the b........?’”

I think it's fair to say he views Esther McVey as a "b........" and that he was paraphrasing the remarks at the public meeting, putting his own interpretation on what was being said - that's how it comes across to me  anyway.  In any case, if he was only repeating calls for her to be lynched why did he not take the opportunity to condemn such disgraceful behaviour?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »
The Hayes and Harlington MP reportedly said: “I was up in Liverpool a fortnight ago where Alec McFadden, one of our (union) organisers, launched the Sack Esther McVey Day on her birthday.

“I spoke at a packed public meeting ... there was a whole group in the audience that completely kicked off quite critical of the whole concept, because they were arguing ‘Why we are sacking her. Why aren’t we lynching the b........?’”

I think it's fair to say he views Esther McVey as a "b........" and that he was paraphrasing the remarks at the public meeting, putting his own interpretation on what was being said - that's how it comes across to me  anyway.  In any case, if he was only repeating calls for her to be lynched why did he not take the opportunity to condemn such disgraceful behaviour?

I really don't want to get into discussions which focus on isolated incidents. I don't know what this guy's opinion of McVey is and I don't really care. She seems like a pretty heartless person to me who is determined to support some draconian measures which have been shown to be failing some very vulnerable people. Obviously lynch mobs are not the answer and I don't suppose the suggestion was a serious one. Promoting and defending government policies which lead to people's deaths is pretty hard to justify in this day and age though, so it's hardly surprising that passions run high.
Result = happy posting.

Lyall

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »

8)--)) Nah, I expect in no small part it's because they detest mainstream media as much as we do.

But also anyone who additionally detests the neoconservatives (of which McVey is very much one) as much as Jezza and his mate will get big thumbs up too.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2015, 02:16:12 PM »
Makes you wonder what the sceptic Corbynistas would make of a McCanns declaration of support for their hero, or even vice versa.  Not that I can imagine either scenario very likely....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2015, 02:30:14 PM »
Makes you wonder what the sceptic Corbynistas would make of a McCanns declaration of support for their hero, or even vice versa.  Not that I can imagine either scenario very likely....

You love to speculate on unlikely scenarios, don't you Alfred? Particularly if you can mention the McCanns and do a bit of 'sceptic bashing' too.

I don't support any political party or politician myself. My scepticism extends to politics also.  @)(++(*

However, as a human being I prefer politicians such as Frank Field who care about the poor and disadvantaged to those who attack them. A society is successful only insofar as it cares for it's weakest members in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Lyall

« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »

Tittle tattle, Alfred. Whatever his view of the case is (assuming he has one) is cool.

We saw what happened to John Redwood when he dared to express an opinion. And that's Redwood who wasn't a minister at the time. The Leader of the Opposition has responsibilities.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:35:24 PM by Lyall »

Lyall

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
Very impressive JC speech at the TUC ?>)()<

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »
Tittle tattle, Alfred. Whatever his view of the case is (assuming he has one) is cool.

We saw what happened to John Redwood when he dared to express an opinion. And that's Redwood who wasn't a minister at the time. The Leader of the Opposition has responsibilities.
What happened?  Was he lynched?  I genuinely have no recollection of him expressing an opinion, can't have been that significant.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »
You love to speculate on unlikely scenarios, don't you Alfred? Particularly if you can mention the McCanns and do a bit of 'sceptic bashing' too.

I don't support any political party or politician myself. My scepticism extends to politics also.  @)(++(*

However, as a human being I prefer politicians such as Frank Field who care about the poor and disadvantaged to those who attack them. A society is successful only insofar as it cares for it's weakest members in my opinion.

It's (still) a free country and I'm entitled to do whatever I like. 8(0(*

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2015, 03:45:22 PM »
"We can win in 2020"??  Talk about speculating on unlikely scenarios..!  @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2015, 05:33:44 PM »

Interesting. Journalists and political commentators don't quite know how to report on Corbyn. No clever spin, no soundbites, just that rare thing - honesty;

it was authentic - and interesting. There was no guff about hardworking families, and none of the coded euphemisms or bland triangulations that litter conventional speeches. The words meant what they were intended to mean. And, idealistic though much of it was, much of what he had to say was refreshingly different.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2015/sep/15/jeremy-corbyn-speaks-to-the-tuc-conference-politics-live
Result = happy posting.