Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465030 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #570 on: May 05, 2016, 12:34:13 AM »
The sound of shutters being opened http://youtu.be/1uWUXFMZdWE

Making a bit of a noise i would say....rather than "no noise"

I have stayed in various med apartments over the years, the shutters getting raised or let down was always somethng I had to do very slowly so as to not make a noise at siesta time

Offline pegasus

« Reply #571 on: May 05, 2016, 12:56:01 AM »

I have stayed in various med apartments over the years, the shutters getting raised or let down was always somethng I had to do very slowly so as to not make a noise at siesta time
The shutters Heri used in the video are not 5A shutters, but they are similar.
IMO the noise would be likely to wake a sleeping child.

@Heri In the first part of the video, when the window is still closed, and the shutter is being raised by hands, is the microphone inside the room? Is that the sound which a child inside the room would hear, even while the window is closed?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:06:24 AM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #572 on: May 05, 2016, 12:59:05 AM »
The shutters Heri used in the video are not 5A shutters, but they are similar.
IMO the noise would be likely to wake a sleeping child.
@Heri In the first part of the video, when the window is still closed, and the shutter is being raised by hands, is the microphone inside the room? Is that the sound which a child inside the room would hear, even while the window is closed?
It is impossible that these shutters make no noise at all,when lifted or closed, the whole mechanism and material construction ensures this. GOodnght!

Offline pegasus

« Reply #573 on: May 05, 2016, 01:10:07 AM »
It is impossible that these shutters make no noise at all,when lifted or closed, the whole mechanism and material construction ensures this. GOodnght!
What we need is some cites from the statements in the files about how noisy the actual shutters fitted in block 5 were.

Offline mercury

« Reply #574 on: May 05, 2016, 01:19:38 AM »
What we need is some cites from the statements in the files about how noisy the actual shutters fitted in block 5 were.

If they existed I am sure 8 years later they would be common knowledge

This should do as evidence of "noise" from 5a shutters, must dash now

Edited for correct video
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:22:29 AM by mercury »

Offline sadie

« Reply #575 on: May 05, 2016, 01:25:12 AM »

The noise depends on where the microphone was and the settings on the mike.  Then the audio settings when it was played back

I dont think that you can rely on a video to tell you all those things.

Offline mercury

« Reply #576 on: May 05, 2016, 01:33:37 AM »
The noise depends on where the microphone was and the settings on the mike.  Then the audio settings when it was played back

I dont think that you can rely on a video to tell you all those things.

As i posted earlier, I have used these on umpteen occasions, they make a small to large racket dependng on how you handle them, they are not ROMAN blnds or NETS

There is no way GM will not have heard them if in the apartment at the time....if whilst chattng to Jez it is irrelevant if he did or not

It is 1.30 bye now

Offline pegasus

« Reply #577 on: May 05, 2016, 01:46:50 AM »
This should do as evidence of "noise" from 5a shutters, must dash now
http://youtu.be/IeuMzyaCnnY
Thanks Merc for proof that the shutter is certainly noisy.
On hearing this noise at their window at night any mobile child would certainly wake and run straight out that bedroom door to ...

Offline mercury

« Reply #578 on: May 05, 2016, 02:23:52 AM »
On hearing this noise at their window at night any mobile child would certainly wake and run straight out that bedroom door to ...

I have no idea what the psychology and possble actions of any 3 year old is in those circumstances might  be

Offline pegasus

« Reply #579 on: May 05, 2016, 02:31:50 AM »
I have no idea what the psychology and possble actions of any 3 year old is in those circumstances might  be
You could make an educated guess Merc?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #580 on: May 05, 2016, 09:24:38 AM »

The shutters only made an appreciable noise when they were being forced repeatedly in an attempt to make them 'lock' in place.  No burglar would do that ... nor is that a demonstration of the technique used to raise them ... which was once the window had been slid open, the interior mechanism was used.

Listen to the shutter being raised before force was used ...  and listen as the shutters are allowed to fall back into place ... that will give a more realistic idea of the noise level normal opening of these shutters would produce ~ rather than the bull charging at the gate effort as seen here.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #581 on: May 05, 2016, 04:47:36 PM »
The shutters only made an appreciable noise when they were being forced repeatedly in an attempt to make them 'lock' in place.  No burglar would do that ... nor is that a demonstration of the technique used to raise them ... which was once the window had been slid open, the interior mechanism was used.

Listen to the shutter being raised before force was used ...  and listen as the shutters are allowed to fall back into place ... that will give a more realistic idea of the noise level normal opening of these shutters would produce ~ rather than the bull charging at the gate effort as seen here.
We need someone to do a video demo of Heri's method, but with maximum speed and maximum quietness, exactly as a burglar would do. IMO a burglar with experience would get both window and shutter completely open in 10 seconds. @Heri do you think 10 seconds is possible?

Offline mercury

« Reply #582 on: May 06, 2016, 01:22:23 AM »

Shutters ALWAYS make a noise howver they are opened or closed
The point is why/where does it matter

Offline pegasus

« Reply #583 on: May 06, 2016, 01:45:19 AM »
Shutters ALWAYS make a noise howver they are opened or closed
The point is why/where does it matter
Shutter noise matters because the the child was only 3 metres away from the shutter when it was opened

Offline mercury

« Reply #584 on: May 06, 2016, 02:25:04 AM »
Shutter noise matters because the the child was only 3 metres away from the shutter when it was opened

Ah thanks, i was caught up in whether gerry jane or jez would have heard them