Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1478817 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #600 on: May 06, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »
http://youtu.be/Ff-4H_K1mlc

At 5:59 there is an example of a blind being raised ... it sounds as if it is a very quiet operation.
Thanks Brietta, very interesting to see how the strap and the stops work.
However he has edited the video by turning the original audio to very low volume, which reduces the shutter noise to almost nothin, then he has added a second audio track (narration) at much higher volume.

Offline sadie

« Reply #601 on: May 06, 2016, 10:15:07 PM »
Can you provide evidence of parked cars from the 3 witnesses? SC wasn't there at the time.

Time doesn't normally seem to bother you.  You adjust it to suit your purpose it seems

Stpephen Carpenter was there at approximately the same time as Gerry and Jez, withion a very few minutes either way.

PdL in  May is not a busy time.  We were there in June in 2010 IIRC and the roads were so empty of traffick that evening or day it was the norm for us to walk in the road much of the time.  It is unlikely that the cars parked there would change in the couple or so minutes that the Carpenters walked across relative to the time that Gerry and Jez chatted.

Stephen Carpenter IIRC stated that there were parked cars there.  And that was close as damn-it to the time that Gerry and Jez chatted.

Offline sadie

« Reply #602 on: May 06, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »
If Jez remained standing on the road with his child in a buggy during the conversation it suggests there was some sort of barrier between him and traffic ... a parked vehicle for example?

Precisely.

He felt protected by the parked cars.  Almost certainly he stood in the gap between two of them.

No dad with a child in a buggy would stand in the road, despite the extremely light traffick, unless he was protected.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #603 on: May 06, 2016, 10:21:56 PM »
Paul Gordon 5A occupant said they were noisy.
Thanks Pathfinder

P.Gordon statement: "We used to open the blinds during the day, returning to close them at night. When the blinds were being closed they would make much noise."

S.Gordon statement: "The bedroom shutters made a lot of noise and I find it difficult to understand that opening them would go un-noticed."

Offline sadie

« Reply #604 on: May 06, 2016, 11:06:17 PM »
Thanks Pathfinder

P.Gordon statement: "We used to open the blinds during the day, returning to close them at night. When the blinds were being closed they would make much noise."

S.Gordon statement: "The bedroom shutters made a lot of noise and I find it difficult to understand that opening them would go un-noticed."

They were an every day sound pegasus ... and unlikely to disturb because of that

Offline Brietta

« Reply #605 on: May 06, 2016, 11:07:10 PM »
It's amazing how Jane Tanner can remember clearly Tannerman as time went by but parked vehicles is a toughie. But the last sentence is most interesting. How far away was she really when she saw the man  &%+((£

4078    “Were there any cars around there?”

Reply    “Erm, umm, no, I don’t know.  I don’t remember.  I don’t remember walking past any going up here and I think I would have probably, if there had been I would have realised, because that would have obscured my view of the person walking, so I can’t think of, I can’t think of any, no”.

Jane Tanner did not see the man carrying a child until she had passed Gerry and Jez and was referring to the area beyond the gate up to the junction where the man crossed ... not to the area immediately outside the tapas nearer to the men in conversation.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #606 on: May 07, 2016, 12:03:27 AM »
They were an every day sound pegasus ... and unlikely to disturb because of that
The night of 3rd May was not day, it was nighttime Sadie.
It was at least 2 hours after her bedtime when someone opened the shutter and window of her bedroom.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #607 on: May 07, 2016, 12:13:31 AM »
Jane Tanner did not see the man carrying a child until she had passed Gerry and Jez and was referring to the area beyond the gate up to the junction where the man crossed ... not to the area immediately outside the tapas nearer to the men in conversation.

Both Gerry and Kate's first statements say Jane was a lot further away when she spotted the man crossing the road. Maybe Pegasus can confirm the distance from the original Portuguese statements given on 4 May 2007.

SY will know if crecheman saw anybody on that road when he looked right before crossing it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:16:31 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #608 on: May 07, 2016, 12:14:45 AM »
It was at least 2 hours after her bedtime when someone opened the shutter and window of her bedroom.
I was using day to refer to the 24 hour day, Pegasus.  I realise that it was evening and dark.  But I think the same would apply; the noise would be so usual as to not  be noticed by most.

Mrs Fenn didn't notice the sound of the shutter being opened for instance ... altho Mr Gordon differentiated and mentioned that the noise was happening as the shutters were closed.

Offline mercury

« Reply #609 on: May 07, 2016, 12:14:56 AM »

I agree with Sadie,gosh, raising and closing shutters happens at mornngs, lunchtimes and late evenings and sometmes other times, so in itself not a suspicious sound at all, unless one hears one they know is theirs and they know no one is home, and theyre standing close by

Offline sadie

« Reply #610 on: May 07, 2016, 12:17:51 AM »
Both Gerry and Kate's first statements say Jane was a lot further away when she spotted the man crossing the road. Maybe Pegasus can confirm the distance from the original Portuguese statements given on 4 May 2007.
Neither Gerry nor Kate was there. 

Different distances are given.  In some reports / statements Jane was only about 5 yards from Tannerman, in others further away.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #611 on: May 07, 2016, 12:19:10 AM »
Neither Gerry nor Kate was there. 

Different distances are given.  In some reports / statements Jane was only about 5 yards from Tannerman, in others further away.

Kate and Gerry got the distance from somebody. Jane told Gerry about the sighting.

How could a parked car be blocking her view from that short distance?

"If there had been I would have realised, because that would have obscured my view of the person walking." JT
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:23:22 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #612 on: May 07, 2016, 12:23:27 AM »

SY will know if crecheman saw anybody on that road when he looked right before crossing it.

At the re-enactment although the men may have been positioned wherever ... Jane Tanner is almost level with the lounge window while viewing the man carrying the little girl if memory serves me well.

If that man looked right ... I assume that at the least he would have seen a woman approaching in flip flops ... she certainly saw him.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #613 on: May 07, 2016, 12:29:07 AM »
At the re-enactment although the men may have been positioned wherever ... Jane Tanner is almost level with the lounge window while viewing the man carrying the little girl if memory serves me well.

If that man looked right ... I assume that at the least he would have seen a woman approaching in flip flops ... she certainly saw him.

I think it was impossible for Jane to pass them both by the gate without being noticed so I think she may have spotted him before taking the route Amaral's believed she took - the path way so she turned left and never passed Gerry and Jes.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:32:42 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #614 on: May 07, 2016, 12:33:33 AM »
I think it was impossible for Jane to pass them both by the gate without being noticed so I think she may have spotted him before taking the route Amaral's believed she took - the path way so she she turned left and never passed Gerry and Jes.

I'm sorry.  I really know nothing about Mr Amaral thinking Jane Tanner turned left.  Please explain.

However, had she done so ... how on earth could she have seen the man she saw with a building in between?