Author Topic: Is this new suspect revelation just too convenient given the 12th anniversary?  (Read 24920 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Yes he did.

Shame you missed the rest.  Is it not?

Brietta thus far appears to have thought that discretion is the better part of valour.

You might like to mull that thought over.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Shame you missed the rest.  Is it not?

Brietta thus far appears to have thought that discretion is the better part of valour.

You might like to mull that thought over.
mulllllllll....nah, I’m good thanks.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

mulllllllll....nah, I’m good thanks.

Excellent, as I need to go and cook for our cadaver dog.

Then I need to forensically clean our home before the KGB turns up tomorrow at the crack of dawn.

It's a tough life, but I'm only getting one, and I'm running short on time.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Excellent, as I need to go and cook for our cadaver dog.

Then I need to forensically clean our home before the KGB turns up tomorrow at the crack of dawn.

It's a tough life, but I'm only getting one, and I'm running short on time.
You should write your memoirs, before it’s too late.  That’s what my mother is doing, and she is 81.  It’s something to pass down the line, for any descendants who might be interested.  Imagine if every one of your ancestors (who could actually write) had done the same and copies were passed down the generations how fascinating it would be.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

I think it's just making fun of the ambiguity of a headline.
She didn't find it funny, so it will get deleted again.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline faithlilly

Carole Tranmer saw a man leaving the back gate of 5B in my opinion. Probably Matt Oldfield as he was staying there. Summers and Swann misunderstood Tranmer's statement and have spread the myth that she saw a man leaving the gate of 5A. I think they perpetuated their myth in the Netflix series too.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8672380/praia-de-luz-holidaymaker-who-stayed-in-flat-above-the-mccanns-saw-prowler-open-gate-hours-before-maddie-was-snatched/

I don’t think the misunderstanding was Summers fault. As he was reading from his book that a man had left via the gate of one of the apartments a piece of film was shown of the gate of 5a. The viewer was misdirected by the producers not Summers.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

What are the specific words that make you say "Summers and Swann misunderstood Tranmer's statement and have spread the myth that she saw a man leaving the gate of 5A"  So far in that article it says "A TOURIST staying in the apartment above the McCanns' saw a suspicious man leaving the ground floor apartments on the day Maddie vanished, a documentary claims."

Investigator and author Anthony Summers told Netflix producers: "Perhaps the most telling sighting of all is that of Carole Tranmer who had been out to see her aunt who was living in the apartment immediately above the McCanns.

"Carole was looking out of the window.

"She said: 'Looking down below the McCann flat I saw someone come out of the ground floor apartment closing the gate very carefully and quietly
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8672380/praia-de-luz-holidaymaker-who-stayed-in-flat-above-the-mccanns-saw-prowler-open-gate-hours-before-maddie-was-snatched/

Carole was on Mrs Fenn's balcony, Mr Summers, not looking out of a window. The article contains a picture of the gate to 5A, saying it was the gate Mrs Tranmore was observing, but it wasn't.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:28:11 PM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

You should write your memoirs, before it’s too late.  That’s what my mother is doing, and she is 81.  It’s something to pass down the line, for any descendants who might be interested.  Imagine if every one of your ancestors (who could actually write) had done the same and copies were passed down the generations how fascinating it would be.

I've researched my family tree, and it defines boring.   Generation after generation of coal-miners. 

The only interesting bit was that one aunt apparently had a baby by a GI in WW2, then the child was passed to another aunt to be raised as hers.

I could probe such scandal, but as all the protagonists who could reveal sensitive information are long since dead, I cannot see the point.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

I've researched my family tree, and it defines boring.   Generation after generation of coal-miners. 

The only interesting bit was that one aunt apparently had a baby by a GI in WW2, then the child was passed to another aunt to be raised as hers.

I could probe such scandal, but as all the protagonists who could reveal sensitive information are long since dead, I cannot see the point.
You don’t think the memoirs of a humble coalminer worth reading?  Shame.  What about your life though?  Degree, important job, relocation to Maddieville, controversy thanks to the national media, training a cadaver dog, recipes, the KG ,  all that, surely there’s a tale to be told to pass on to the grandkids and their kids too?

Offline ShiningInLuz

You don’t think the memoirs of a humble coalminer worth reading?  Shame.  What about your life though?  Degree, important job, relocation to Maddieville, controversy thanks to the national media, training a cadaver dog, recipes, the KG ,  all that, surely there’s a tale to be told to pass on to the grandkids and their kids too?

The children have lived in Maddieville, and disliked it.

The grandchildren are too young to give a jot about someone who disappeared before they were born.

As to the rest, Gonçalo's Gourmet Guide is stacked up and ready to go.  But I have another post for my blog that I would prefer to do first.

What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

Investigator and author Anthony Summers told Netflix producers: "Perhaps the most telling sighting of all is that of Carole Tranmer who had been out to see her aunt who was living in the apartment immediately above the McCanns.

"Carole was looking out of the window.

"She said: 'Looking down below the McCann flat I saw someone come out of the ground floor apartment closing the gate very carefully and quietly

Carole was on Mrs Fenn's balcony, Mr Summers, not looking out of a window. The article contains a picture of the gate to 5A, saying it was the gate Mrs Tranmore was observing, but it wasn't.
I agree with that bit.  IMO The gate observed by Tranmer wasn't associated with the 5A but 5B.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

It would appear that the ‘new suspect ‘ story was revealed in May by Expresso, a newspaper that has close ties to both the parents and the parent’s Portuguese PR firm, Lift Consulting.

https://expresso.pt/sociedade/2019-05-03-Maddie.-PJ-verifica-informacao-recebida-pela-Scotland-Yard
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

It would appear that the ‘new suspect ‘ story was revealed in May by Expresso, a newspaper that has close ties to both the parents and the parent’s Portuguese PR firm, Lift Consulting.

https://expresso.pt/sociedade/2019-05-03-Maddie.-PJ-verifica-informacao-recebida-pela-Scotland-Yard
You appear to have forgotten that we first heard about the new suspect from Amaral.

Offline jassi

That darned Amaral, he gets everywhere
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

That darned Amaral, he gets everywhere
Indeed he does.  He must also be on the McCanns PR payroll if what Faith is insinuating is true.