Author Topic: Cliff Richard's Berkshire home searched by police.  (Read 14106 times)

Offline Admin

Cliff Richard's Berkshire home searched by police.
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »
Sir Cliff Richard's Berkshire property searched by police

Police have searched a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.

No arrests have been made and Sir Cliff, 73, who is abroad, said the allegation was "completely false".

Police said the allegation involved a boy under 16.

The BBC understands it relates to an alleged sexual assault at a 1985 event where US preacher Billy Graham appeared at Bramall Lane, Sheffield.

The allegation is believed to have been reported to police recently.

The search in Sunningdale was carried out by South Yorkshire Police, which told the BBC it did not force entry to the property.

The investigation is not connected to Operation Yewtree and police said officers from that operation - set up by the Metropolitan Police to investigate hundreds of allegations in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal - had been notified.

Thames Valley Police said it had assisted the South Yorkshire force with the execution of a search warrant at the property.

Eight plain-clothed police officers in five unmarked cars arrived to conduct the search which ended at about 15:30 BST.

More...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:34:46 PM by John »

Offline bros

Re: Cliff Richard's Berkshire home searched by police.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
Do we have something here! 

Cliff Richards UK home searched.  This dude has property near Praia da luz, Portugal where he stays during the summer as I remember .

Police search the star's home over an alleged sexual assault dating back to the 1980s involving a boy aged under 16 at the time.

http://news.sky.com/story/1318591/cliff-richards-home-searched-over-sex-claim

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:19:35 AM »

Cliff Richards UK home searched.  This dude has property near Praia da luz, Portugal where he stays during the summer as I remember .

Police search the star's home over an alleged sexual assault dating back to the 1980s involving a boy aged under 16 at the time.

I thought I was the only one thinking about this..
Strange Cliff Richards lived in Algarve and never commented on Madeleine's case.
I am not sure his house is in PDL thought.. I thought it was in Albufeira.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:24:28 AM by VIXTE »

Offline misty

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 01:54:08 AM »
I thought I was the only one thinking about this..
Strange Cliff Richards lived in Algarve and never commented on Madeleine's case.
I am not sure his house is in PDL thought.. I thought it was in Albufeira.

Sir Cliff does have a connection to PDL, though,as patron of a charity which has a shop there. (Perhaps he upgraded from knocking on doors in 2007 - joke)
http://www.algarvemais.com/en/life-style/sir-cliff-gives-patronage-to-algarve-charity.html
Sorry, the article refuses to let me c&p.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »

Agedo do Cantor, his vineyard is 3 miles N of Albufeira and 25 miles crow flies east of PdL.  Considerably further by road.  Probably the fastest route would be by boat, but no harbour in PdL.

Reputedly Cliffs interest is in the male sex, but he publicly denied this about 20 years ago IIRC.  It is well known that he has an Irish priest as a close friend.

The search does seem a bit sudden and 'heavyweight' on the suspicion of just one sexual assault .  They didn't inform him according to newspaper reports.   Seems he found out via the media.

Could they be looking for links to others, a network?  ... so went in quietly?

They have said that it is not Operation Yewtree, so what operation is it? 

Offline Anna

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »

Agedo do Cantor, his vineyard is 3 miles N of Albufeira and 25 miles crow flies east of PdL.  Considerably further by road.  Probably the fastest route would be by boat, but no harbour in PdL.

Reputedly Cliffs interest is in the male sex, but he publicly denied this about 20 years ago IIRC.  It is well known that he has an Irish Preist as a close friend.

The search does seem a bit sudden and 'heavyweight' on the suspicion of just one sexual assault .  They didn't inform him according to newspaper reports.   Seems he found out via the media.

Could they be looking for links to others, a network?  ... so went in quietly?

They have said that it is not Operation Yewtree, so what operation is it?

Cliff has never been a girlie lover, as the older generation will know and I have never seen any really bad press reports on Cliff, but if there has been, please remind me.
I am flabbergasted at the news and I find the allegation unbelievable, but no doubt we will hear more soon.
  I do hope the allegation is untrue, but such exposure does leave a nasty, unmovable stain of doubt on the accused's character.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline sadie

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »
Cliff has never been a girlie lover, as the older generation will know and I have never seen any really bad press reports on Cliff, but if there has been, please remind me.
I am flabbergasted at the news and I find the allegation unbelievable, but no doubt we will hear more soon.
  I do hope the allegation is untrue, but such exposure does leave a nasty, unmovable stain of doubt on the accused's character.
There's lots about him on  the internet Anna.  Have been aware for about 6 years but dont know exactly what to believe.

Try googling "his name and Elm guest house hotel". 

No idea if it is true, but one has to wonder especially as the Police have made, what to me seems, a mighty move.

They haven't done that if they have no suspicions of any sort.  Seems they are checking up on the alleged abuse of an under 16 y.o. boy after a Billy Graham Christian Rally several decades ago.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 10:37:20 PM »
Yet again, police saw fit to tip off the press of the imminent search of Cliff Rchard's home so that they were already in situ when the officers arrived in unmarked cars.  The whole thing stinks imo.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »

This is a complete and utter disgrace.  Go to The BBC if you want to know who is next on the Witch Hunt Trail.

And bang goes any chance of a fair trial.  Good.  Something has to put a stop to this insanity.  But it was bound to happen anyway.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 06:27:24 PM »
Yet again, police saw fit to tip off the press of the imminent search of Cliff Rchard's home so that they were already in situ when the officers arrived in unmarked cars.  The whole thing stinks imo.

This is a complete and utter disgrace.  Go to The BBC if you want to know who is next on the Witch Hunt Trail.

And bang goes any chance of a fair trial.  Good.  Something has to put a stop to this insanity.  But it was bound to happen anyway.

I agree with both posts. It is shocking!

I am not a fan of Cliff or his  'music'-positivly hate it lol.  But The BBC are so wrong and hypocritical after the hush hush for years about Jimmy Saville.

Cliffs sexuality is his personal business as far as I am concerned.

On another note I found Cilla Black's response to Rolf Harris being jailed for predatory paedophile behavior as quite astounding.- she didn't condemn him?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »
I agree with both posts. It is shocking!

I am not a fan of Cliff or his  'music'-positivly hate it lol.  But The BBC are so wrong and hypocritical after the hush hush for years about Jimmy Saville.

Cliffs sexuality is his personal business as far as I am concerned.

On another note I found Cilla Black's response to Rolf Harris being jailed for predatory paedophile behavior as quite astounding.- she didn't condemn him?

Nor do I condemn Rolf Harris.  The evidence, if you can call it that, is disgraceful.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 01:30:36 AM »
Nor do I condemn Rolf Harris.  The evidence, if you can call it that, is disgraceful.

Oh come on .... Rolf Harris wrote in shame to apologise to the father of the girl he was 'visiting' when she was 13 years old and admits having a sexual relationship with after she was 18! (The girl claimed 13!) Rolf was in his 50's .... if it's not evidence of underage rape it's certainly very creepy!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 06:23:52 AM »
Oh come on .... Rolf Harris wrote in shame to apologise to the father of the girl he was 'visiting' when she was 13 years old and admits having a sexual relationship with after she was 18! (The girl claimed 13!) Rolf was in his 50's .... if it's not evidence of underage rape it's certainly very creepy!

Is it a crime to be creepy now?

Offline Myster

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 06:44:20 AM »
http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/_wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/sentencing-remarks-mr-j-sweeney-r-v-harris.pdf

Sorry, I simply do not believe that he put his hand up the skirt of an 8 year old, and took the time to touch her while others were watching.