Author Topic: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal  (Read 18827 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2019, 09:48:20 PM »
Leonor is still insisting that she is innocent.

So is Russell Bishop and I imagine most other convicted murderers.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2019, 10:00:36 PM »
I strongly recommend you download the attached document then run it through google translate (select "documents" then link to the file on your computer). That will help you see there was no confession on 13th October & certain service information from the 14th Oct written by Cristovao shows record of confession. It's a long read but worth it.

I will read it Misty ... where is it though?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2019, 10:17:57 PM »
I will read it Misty ... where is it though?

Sorry, now added. Don't know what happened first time round.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2019, 08:17:24 AM »
I strongly recommend you download the attached document then run it through google translate (select "documents" then link to the file on your computer). That will help you see there was no confession on 13th October & certain service information from the 14th Oct written by Cristovao shows record of confession. It's a long read but worth it.
http://home.iscte-iul.pt/~apad/ACED_juristas/maddietrab_ficheiros/Acordao%20Leonor%20Cipriano%20contra%20Goncalo%20e%20outros.%2022Maio2009.pdf

This is a very good read... An official Portuguese court documents which records...

No mention of any confession on the 13th
Confession and torture on the 14th
Leonora was assaulted by agents of the, PJ... But they could not be identified
ThePJ officers claims Leonora, threw herself down the, steps... Which the court did not accept
Amaral was guilty of false witness... Well worth a, read

Offline Brietta

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2019, 09:25:12 AM »
This is a very good read... An official Portuguese court documents which records...

ThePJ officers claims Leonora, threw herself down the, steps... Which the court did not accept

I think the "confession" the day before the alleged unfortunate episode with the police station stair is nothing short of fabrication.  Were that not so why no mention of it during legal proceedings in court.

Due to the courage of the prison governor who refused to collude that the bruised and battered Leonor the police returned to her prison was the victim of irate prisoners not the PJ in whose custody she had been; but instead had photos taken of her injuries and put the truth on record as a result.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2019, 10:38:07 AM »

I don’t expect it will make any difference to those who are convinced of Cipriano ‘s guilt despite the complete absence of any evidence apart from a very dodgy confession that was withdrawn within 24 hours and in which the defendant was bludgeoned by police.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
Indeed why should they? It adds nothing to Madeleine's disappearance or her chances of being found.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2019, 11:20:10 AM »
Indeed why should they? It adds nothing to Madeleine's disappearance or her chances of being found.

Whether Cipriano was beaten before her confession, and her lawyer confirmed that she wasn’t, her brother João certainly wasn’t, as we can see from the reconstitution video, and gave a very fluid reconstruction of the killing of Joana.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
It is relevant because if the Ciprianos actually were not responsible for the disappearance of a little girl shortly before the disappearance of another little girl in the same area then who was?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2019, 11:34:27 AM »
Whether Cipriano was beaten before her confession, and her lawyer confirmed that she wasn’t, her brother João certainly wasn’t, as we can see from the reconstitution video, and gave a very fluid reconstruction of the killing of Joana.
I don’t suppose anyone has ever been convicted on the strength of their “very fluid” but completely false account of a crime they never committed?

Offline jassi

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2019, 11:34:48 AM »
Straw-clutching at its best - IMO
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »
Straw-clutching at its best - IMO
What is?  Can you please tell me what convinces you that the Ciprianos are guilty?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:23 AM »

that simply is not true...the fact that you are relying on a lie to support your argument shows its weakness

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2019, 11:51:50 AM »
A long but fascinating article about false confessions for anyone who believes that “a very fluid” reconstruction means someone is giving an accurate account of their actions

https://www.apa.org/research/action/speaking-of-psychology/false-confessions

Offline jassi

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2019, 11:53:08 AM »
What is?  Can you please tell me what convinces you that the Ciprianos are guilty?

I don't have any opinion on them, other than it has nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance.
They are of no interest to me.

Or maybe not -