Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 98858 times)

Offline Parky41

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2019, 11:55:51 AM »
..Re-do
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 10:13:36 PM by Parky41 »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #241 on: August 03, 2019, 07:00:24 PM »
2 hours ago
Miscarriages of justice charity stripped of lottery funding
“A charity that fights wrongful convictions has had its National Lottery funding stopped and is being probed by the Scottish Government over concerns about how it is run.
The Miscarriage of Justice Organisation - known as MOJO - was awarded £120,000 by the lottery's community fund but the offer has been withdrawn.
A National Lottery Community Fund spokesperson said: "Due to ongoing governance issues, we are unable to provide MOJO with funding at this time. We welcome a further conversation with them once these issues have been addressed.
"The decision to offer the award of £120,000 was made in April 2019. Our formal withdrawal letter was issued this week."
Glasgow-based MOJO was formed by Paddy Hill, one of six men wrongly convicted of the IRA pub bombings in Birmingham in 1975.
MOJO is due to receive £105,000 of taxpayers' money from the Scottish Government this year with at least as much agreed for each of the next two years.
The government's criminal justice division has begun an investigation, with a spokesman saying: "The Scottish Government provides funding to MOJO Scotland to provide support to people who may have suffered a miscarriage of justice.
"Concerns have been raised with us about their governance and management structures, which are currently subject to an investigation."
Hill launched the charity in 2001 and it is run by volunteers and two paid employees. One of them, Paul McLaughlin, is on sick leave. He declined to comment.
Management committee member Colin Grant said: "It's got to the stage now where I think MOJO has possibly gone too far, I think it's possibly imploded so much it may well be beyond salvation.
My understanding is that a charity which is receiving public funds needs to have an independent management committee to oversee how these funds are being used to make sure they are being used properly and at the moment there isn't a functioning management committee there."
Scottish Lib Dem leader Willie Rennie MSP, a MOJO director since 2011, didn't respond to an STV News interview request.
Governance issues arose in April when volunteer and "head of legal" Euan McIlvride attempted to change the charity's constitution.
Management committee members, including company secretary and director Billy McAllister, blocked the move and called for independent legal advice.
McAllister also raised concerns about whether it would be appropriate to offer paid employment to McIlvride due to a previous conviction for embezzlement while working as a solicitor.
Three new directors were appointed - including Hill's partner Tara Babel - and McAllister was voted out while on holiday.
Grant said after the April meeting "all hell broke loose", adding: "Billy, who has been a director of the organisation and secretary, was summarily dismissed without any consultation [and] the co-project manager Paul McLaughlin was effectively demoted.
"The lottery funding which we'd been promised was stopped. The lottery fund decided to not give us any more money because of the problems we were having within the organisation structurally.
"The Scottish Government have now launched an investigation into how MOJO is being run and none of that was communicated to the management committee - we all learned this from outside sources."
McIlvride told STV News McAllister was removed "entirely in compliance with the relevant legislation" and because of "serious failures and misconduct in the exercise of his roles... and for separate misconduct in the form of bullying and intimidation of staff and volunteers in the organisation".
He added: "It is entirely untrue to suggest, as you appear to do, that Mr McAllister was removed as a result of his raising concerns about myself. My entire history was disclosed to MOJO... in advance of my volunteering with the organisation."
McAllister, who denies the allegations, said: "I think they saw me as the main instigator to getting the concerns raised and they went after me. I have been forced out without any due process and I feel bitter about that because I've given seven or eight years of my time for nothing.
"As a famous football manager once said, there's no man bigger than the club and I think I said that to them - the organisation was bigger than any one person.
"I would like MOJO to return to how it was... an open, democratic and accountable structure."
Grant added: "One of the most ironic things about MOJO is that it was set up to try and provide victims of miscarriage of justice with a voice and yet the way it's been behaving with regard to Billy McAllister and Paul McLaughlin shows that it doesn't actually practise what it preaches because it's denied them justice."
Hill also declined to be interviewed but in a statement said McIlvride "made no secret" of his conviction and called him "honest and reliable".
He added: "As far as our clients are concerned, many have expressed their gratitude for all of Mr McIlvride's efforts in helping them and have confidence in the work he is undertaking on their behalf."
McIlvride was convicted of fraud and embezzlement but some charges were later overturned on appeal.
He said: "Given that I spent a period of time in prison as a result of miscarriage of justice, I personally think that my experience is one which enhances my suitability for the role that I exercise with this organisation."
'Giving false hope to people'
A campaigner fighting to overturn a high-profile murder conviction has accused MOJO of betraying potential miscarriages of justice victims.
Dr Sandra Lean said it was "really exciting" when MOJO asked to get involved with Luke Mitchell case two years ago.
Mitchell was jailed for the 2003 murder of Jodi Jones, 14, but continues to protest his innocence.
Lean said: "It was really exciting news. It looked like the case was getting picked up again, it looked like there was going to be some real progress here."
However, last month Mitchell's mother Corinne blasted MOJO for "doing nothing" since taking on her son's case and recovered his case files from their office.
Lean told STV News: "Part of the problem was the promises being made were not being kept. The case review itself was something of a farce. There was no central strategy. There was no planned route to how this review was going to take place.
"The idea of having the Luke Mitchell case, this huge case on their books, was good publicity for them."
The campaigners say that the alleged failings may have harmed Mitchell's case.
Lean added: "I was going to say it's a disaster but if they're not doing the work, they're giving false hope to people and that, in the circumstances these people are in, that it shocking, that is dreadful.
"I believe that some real damage has been done. There are a couple of things that should have been acted on very quickly, that were not and in spite of a number of promptings, a number of questions, a number of attempts to get something done, there just didn't seem to be the will to do what needed doing and some of that now means that routes forward that should have been available may no longer be available."
In response, McIlvride said: "We are aware of the criticism recently levelled at us by Mrs Corrine Mitchell.
"We do not consider it justified, but would not propose to rehearse the arguments in the context of what is, essentially, an unwarranted attack on myself, and, worse, the charity, by parties who are motivated to do us harm."
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439054-miscarriages-of-justice-charity-stripped-of-lottery-funding/

The above ^^^^^^. was written by Russell Findlay

Russell Findlay
@RussellFindlay1
·
Jul 30
>UPDATE: Just over a year ago, a lawyer was stabbed outside Glasgow court but no arrests
>Organised crime gangs - making fortunes from record drugs deaths - are out of control, blithely ordering hits on lawyers, journalists & prison officers
>Who next, police officers & judges?
https://mobile.twitter.com/RussellFindlay1/status/1156245061363019781

Alex Hutchinson
@tadpolelanding1
·
Aug 1
Replying to
@RussellFindlay1
The report doesn't say the victim is a lawyer. Where's your evidence that gangs are blithely ordering hits on lawyers etc?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2019, 05:50:45 PM »
One thing that struck me whilst studying the response in respect of Mathew Hamlen-the open support from his family and friends.

Seems there’s been a sudden about turn re the Hamlen case Parky.

Would be interested to hear what Peter Martin has to say now.

Did you hear Matthew Hamlen and his mothers recorded telephone conversation discussing a possible alibi whilst he was on remand?

And the argument his defence team put forward re the length of his sentence?

Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2019, 11:17:58 AM »
Jodi's throat 'may have been cut'
“The Jodi Jones murder trial has heard that the teenager may have died when her throat was slashed from behind.
Forensic scientist Derek Scrimger told the High Court in Edinburgh Jodi, 14, may have crawled or been dragged to the spot where she was found.

But he added that there was no evidence the attacker would have been bloodstained after the assault.

Luke Mitchell, 16, has denied murdering girlfriend Jodi and has lodged special defences of alibi and incrimination.

Mr Scrimger showed the jury photographs of bloodstains low down on a wall near where Jodi was found by a search party.

Severed artery

The court has heard how Jodi's grandmother and her sister were among those who discovered her body near the Roan's Dyke path in Dalkeith, Midlothian.

Mr Scrimger said the pattern of bloodstains was consistent with an artery being severed.

Possibly the assailant would have been behind, standing for example 

Derek Scrimger, forensic scientist

Blood was also found on sticks and the branches of trees in the area.

Mr Scrimger said: "Possibly the assailant would have been behind, standing for example."

"What many people fail to realise is that at the time of the assault there may not have been much blood there. There wouldn't necessarily be any blood on the assailant."

Under questioning from defence advocate Donald Findlay QC, Mr Scrimger admitted the police's handling of the crime scene was "not ideal".

He accepted that Jodi's body had been rolled onto a plastic sheet before forensic scientists had the chance to examine her and that Jodi had been exposed to overnight rain.

Hands tied

Earlier the court was told Jodi had her hands tied behind her back when her body was found.

Mark Heron, an identification officer with Lothian and Borders Police, said the 14-year-old was naked except for a pair of socks.

Items of clothing and a broken pair of spectacles were strewn around her.

Basically her hands were tied behind her back 

Crime scene officer Mark Heron

The court was also shown a T-shirt in two pieces, trainers and the broken glasses, a lens from which was found separately.

Police also found a broken bra strap and a pair of trousers, with the legs tied in knots around Jodi's wrists.

Mr Heron told the court: "Basically her hands were behind her back."

He added that Jodi's socks had been pulled down on her feet so that they only covered her toes.

Charges denied

The murder charge alleges Luke Mitchell attacked Jodi, of Easthouses, Dalkeith, in woods near Roan's Dyke.

The youngster denies that and claims that at the time he was in, or near, his home, and that Jodi, 14, was murdered by person or persons unknown.

He also denies charges of possessing knives in public places and being concerned in the supply of cannabis resin to other school pupils, including Jodi.

The teenager has lodged the special defences of alibi and incrimination.

The trial continues.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4096295.stm

'Lies' to protect a son
The murder trial heard Mrs Mitchell had completely lost control of her son and could see no wrong in anything he did.
She was by Luke's side when he spent almost five-and-a-half hours giving a 22-page statement at Dalkeith police station in Midlothian.
Mrs Mitchell also coached his brother Shane on what to tell Lothian and Borders Police during an interview, the jury was told.

Would like to see this “22 page statement” as opposed to biased, cherry picked snippets.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1481697/Lies-to-protect-a-son.html

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »
“Writing in The Scotsman, Dr Marshall said that some children have behaviours from as young as four which suggest they are on a “trajectory” to psychopathy. This includes sadistic treatment of animals and other children, a lack of emotional attachment and disregard for parents and boundaries.

Screening children who come into contact with social services or child and adolescent mental health (Camh) providers, and then giving them support, could “divert budding psychopaths”, he said.

Dr Marshall said he had been “vilified” by others in his field for calling for screening.

However he added that intervening early would not only help prevent other tragedies but also help individuals with psychopathic traits who have much higher risk of substance abuse and suicide.

“You don’t become a psychopath on your 16th birthday,” Dr Marshall said. “Psychopathic traits start in very early childhood, have predictable pathways and yet we do not assess children for this neurodevelopmental problem.

“At the age of 16, such traits are already entrenched and chronic so it is time for policy to catch up with research, given the enormous social costs of psychopathy.

“We have to deal with psychopathy trajectories in childhood head-on now to divert budding psychopaths and make sure what happened to poor Alesha never happens again.”

He added early identification can be the focal point and made a number of suggestions on how to solve what he called a “major public health issue”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/children-psychopath-alesha-macphail-aaron-campbell-murder-a8850861.html

Alesha killer used Luke Mitchell case in appeal against sentence
Excerpts:
“Aaron Campbell’s lawyers have gone to court to argue that his minimum 27-year term is a “miscarriage of justice”. And to give backing to this claim they have highlighted the case of Luke Mitchell who murdered his girlfriend when he was just 15. He was subsequently jailed for life, too, but his minimum recommended term was 20 years which, according to Campbell’s legal team, means the sentence on their client is unfair.

“Campbell, who denied the crime, lodged a special defence incriminating Toni-Louise McLachlan, the girlfriend of Alesha’s father, Robert MacPhail, which the trial judge Lord Matthews described as “a cruel travesty of the truth”. But following his conviction the killer made admissions of his guilt to professionals preparing reports.

Sentencing him, Lord Matthews said: “This is a terrible thing to say of one so young, but they paint a clear picture of a cold, callous, remorseless and dangerous individual.”

Campbell told a psychologist that when he saw Alesha he regarded it as “a moment of opportunity” adding: “All I thought about was killing her once I saw her.” The teenager added that in the wake of the killing he was “mildly amused” that the police had not arrested him. He also revealed that at times during his trial it took everything to stop him laughing and that he was “quite satisfied with the murder”.

Scotland’s second most senior judge, the Lord Justice Clerk, Lady Dorrian, Lord Menzies and Lord Drummond Young, reserved their decision in the appeal and will give a ruling at a later date yet to be fixed.

Lady Dorrian said: “This is a matter that requires proper consideration and reflection over time and, accordingly, we propose to take time to consider our decision, which will be issued in due course.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1162992/aaron-campbell-appeal-sentence-lawyers-alesha-macphail-murder

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2019, 11:30:56 AM »
Alesha killer used Luke Mitchell case in appeal against sentence
Excerpts:
“Aaron Campbell’s lawyers have gone to court to argue that his minimum 27-year term is a “miscarriage of justice”. And to give backing to this claim they have highlighted the case of Luke Mitchell who murdered his girlfriend when he was just 15. He was subsequently jailed for life, too, but his minimum recommended term was 20 years which, according to Campbell’s legal team, means the sentence on their client is unfair.

“Campbell, who denied the crime, lodged a special defence incriminating Toni-Louise McLachlan, the girlfriend of Alesha’s father, Robert MacPhail, which the trial judge Lord Matthews described as “a cruel travesty of the truth”. But following his conviction the killer made admissions of his guilt to professionals preparing reports.

Sentencing him, Lord Matthews said: “This is a terrible thing to say of one so young, but they paint a clear picture of a cold, callous, remorseless and dangerous individual.”

Campbell told a psychologist that when he saw Alesha he regarded it as “a moment of opportunity” adding: “All I thought about was killing her once I saw her.” The teenager added that in the wake of the killing he was “mildly amused” that the police had not arrested him. He also revealed that at times during his trial it took everything to stop him laughing and that he was “quite satisfied with the murder”.

Scotland’s second most senior judge, the Lord Justice Clerk, Lady Dorrian, Lord Menzies and Lord Drummond Young, reserved their decision in the appeal and will give a ruling at a later date yet to be fixed.

Lady Dorrian said: “This is a matter that requires proper consideration and reflection over time and, accordingly, we propose to take time to consider our decision, which will be issued in due course.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1162992/aaron-campbell-appeal-sentence-lawyers-alesha-macphail-murder

Alesha MacPhail killer Aaron Campbell appeals against sentence: I'm only a child
“The teenager who abducted, raped and murdered six-year-old Alesha MacPhail will appeal this week against his 27-year sentence  - claiming he was only a child himself.
Aaron Campbell, who was 16 when he was sentenced in March for the brutal attack on Bute will claim he is too young for such a long term
The trial judge said during sentencing that Campbell had shown "a staggering lack of remorse” and his account of the killing had been "cold blooded and horrific"

Campbell later announced he would appeal the minimum jail term handed down by trial judge Lord Matthews, causing more anguish for his victim's family.

Campbell, who is locked up in Polmont Young Offenders' Institution, Falkirk, will not be in court for the appeal on Wednesday (7 Aug) but will appear instead via video link for the hearing at the High Court in Edinburgh.

An informed source close to the case said: "It's an appeal against sentence and an appeal against the punishment part of 27 years.

"The appeal is on the basis that it is too long and this is because of his age

"It's understood the argument will be that, given he was a child at the time of the offence, a punishment part of 27 years is excessive."

They added: "There has been an application to the court that he will not attend and will appear by video link."

At his trial, Campbell, who turned 17 in May, denied even meeting Alesha but, after being convicted, confessed to a forensic psychologist compiling a pre-sentencing report.

Alesha's mum Georgina Lochrane has spoken of her disgust at the killer's bids to reduce his sentence and said she hopes it is increased and not decreased.

Georgina, 24, said of the appeal bid: "We were fully prepared for him to appeal his conviction and sentence before he admitted it, but now he can only appeal the sentence.

"It can end up with him having even more added on to his sentence. I don't think he will get less."

The Scottish Courts Service said three judges would preside over the appeal. It is thought their decision could take some weeks.

Alesha, from Airdrie, Lanarkshire, was at her grandparents' home on the island, where her father lives, when Campbell took her from her bed in the middle of the night in July last year.

Her body was found in the grounds of a former hotel the next morning. A post-mortem examination revealed she had suffered 117 injuries.

Campbell stuck to his not guilty plea throughout his nine-day trial in February, causing further distress to Alesha's family.

On the stand he told the jury his DNA must have been planted at the scene.

But the prosecution case, built on forensic evidence and CCTV provided by Campbell's mother, was overwhelming.

The jury at the High Court in Glasgow took three hours to unanimously convict Campbell.

It was only afterwards that Campbell told a court-appointed clinician how he had abducted drowsy Alesha from her bed at dad Robert's home on Bute before raping and murdering her.

The teenage murderer has told how he had to stop himself from laughing during parts of the disturbing trial and had been "mildly amused" that it took police two days to arrest him. He said he was "quite satisfied with the murder".

One observer, who was at the trial, said: "If you read what he told the psychologist after he was found guilty, 27 years might not seem too long a sentence.

"I'm sure it is not nearly long enough for Alesha's family."

Forensic psychologist Dr Gary MacPherson said Campbell's behaviour displayed psychopathic tendencies.

MSPs voted in May to increase the age of criminal responsibility from eight to 12. The age at which a child can actually be prosecuted was, and remains, 12.

An appeal in 2011 by Luke Mitchell over his 20-year minimum term for the murder of Jodi Jones was rejected by three judges.

Lord Gill said the sentence should be cut to 15 years to reflect that Mitchell was 14 at the time.

However, Lord Hardie and Lady Cosgrove said that, given the nature and circumstances of the crime, the term should remain at the original 20 years.
https://www.scotsman.com/news/crime/alesha-macphail-killer-aaron-campbell-appeals-against-sentence-i-m-only-a-child-1-4976500

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
Alesha MacPhail: Murder leads to calls to get tough on cannabis
“THE abduction, rape and murder of Alesha MacPhail has prompted calls for ministers at Westminster and Holyrood to change their soft-touch stance on cannabis.

Her killer, the "evil and wicked" Isle of Bute schoolboy Aaron Campbell, was an extensive user of the drug and had even bought it from his six-year-old victim’s father. Detectives are at a loss to explain the teenager’s motives, although it was just the latest heinous and seemingly inexplicable crime committed by a perpetrator who frequently smoked cannabis. Despite the tolerant public view of the Class B substance, as well as its apparent medicinal benefits, there is a growing body of evidence linking the drug to violent crime and teenage psychosis.

Campaigner Ross Grainger has compiled a “catalogue of suicide and psychopathic violence committed by cannabis smokers in the UK and Ireland” over the past two decades including 200 murders, rapes and savage assaults.

He said: “In this case, as in all such cases, I do not say that cannabis 'caused' the perpetrator to do what he did, but rather that it would not have happened if he had not smoked cannabis.

“There is copious evidence, going back decades, of the immense harm cannabis can do to an adolescent mind, and it is, in my view, the only possible explanation for this young man's depravity and savagery.”

The court heard that one possible explanation was Campbell's dispute with Alesha’s father, Robert MacPhail, over an unpaid drug debt of just £10.

Mr Grainger said: “This may have given him a grudge. But many people have grudges and are full of bitterness. To act on this in the way he did, inflicting 117 injuries on the girl, requires a warped mind, and in my view only cannabis could have damaged it so.

“Abusing and raping children is not unique to cannabis smokers, but when I read of the 117 injuries he inflicted, I knew there must be cannabis behind it; a sustained, frenzied, brutal and psychopathic murder of this kind nearly always does.

“Cases involving more than 100 stab wounds are far from uncommon. In one of the cases I've compiled, a man stabbed another man 143 times because he thought he was the devil.”

Mr Grainger, a writer from Bristol, has submitted a petition to the UK Government calling for a review into the links between cannabis and violence which has been signed by more than 12,000 people.

He launched his campaign after Becky Watts was murdered by her step-brother Nathan Watts, a regular cannabis user, in his home city almost four years ago.

“Scotland is no stranger to this type of murder," added Mr Grainger. "There was the Jodi Jones murder, and the Anne Nicoll murder, which happened within about a year of each other, in which young men deranged by heavy cannabis smoking committed heinous acts of murder.

"As with Alesha MacPhail, both cases are notorious for the savagery involved, and for their seemingly inexplicable nature.”

Drugs expert Professor Neil McKeganey, director of the Centre for Substance Use Research in Glasgow, said Alesha's murder was "shocking in every respect except one - the killer had a history of extensive cannabis use".

He explained: "Nobody would suggest murderous actions are an inevitable consequence of such drug use but there is now a long list of murders where the perpetrators have been using cannabis - both on a long-term basis and just prior to their murderous actions.

"Cannabis served to distance these individuals from the horror of their actions and almost certainly contributes to their murderous mindset."

According to a report published last week, Scottish teenage boys are now among the heaviest users of cannabis in Europe. Meanwhile, police are increasingly using warnings to deal with cannabis possession rather than referring cases to prosecutors.

Liam Kerr, Scottish Conservative shadow justice secretary said the SNP Government had "catastrophically failed to tackle Scotland's drug culture".

He added: “Given cannabis has featured before a number of recent, awful crimes, surely it’s time to examine very carefully assumptions about this drug and the most appropriate and effective ways to tackle it.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1091611/alesha-macphail-murder-cannabis-mps-westminster

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »
Those ten shocking cases of psychopathic violence committed by men against women by Ross Grainger 2nd August 2019

“Here are the ten cases (from a catalogue of hundreds) that I list in my recent article for Conservative Woman:

Youth guilty of Dundee murder:  ‘The court heard that McIntosh [the defendant], who had been smoking cannabis, alarmed three strollers on Law Hill with his odd behaviour shortly before the killing.’ (17 Apr 2002)

Killer’s chilling promise to victim: ‘She [Stephanie Hancock] was strangled, battered and stabbed at her Hampshire home. Winchester Crown Court heard how Caswell, 31, was unable to accept their relationship had ended. Days before the murder he told a friend that he would “probably kill her”. He fulfilled his promise on July 22 by murdering Stephanie as she slept at their home on Pegasus Close, Gosport. The court also heard how Caswell suffered from a personality disorder because of a long-term dependence on cannabis.’ (19 Dec 2002)

Jodi’s killer to serve at least 20 years in jail: ‘The boyfriend of Jodi Jones was told yesterday that he would spend at least 20 years behind bars for the murder of the 14-year-old schoolgirl. Sentencing Luke Mitchell, 16, at Edinburgh high court, Lord Nimmo Smith linked the attack to the killer’s heavy cannabis use and fascination with the occult and the goth rocker Marilyn Manson… The judge also linked Mitchell’s use of cannabis to the killing. “I do not subscribe to the notion that this is a harmless recreational drug,” he said. “In your case, I think that it may well have contributed to your being unable to make the distinction between fantasy and reality which is essential for normal moral judgments [sic]”.’ (12 Feb 2005)
https://attackersmokedcannabis.com/2019/08/02/those-ten-shocking-cases-of-psychopathic-violence-committed-by-men-against-women/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:47:13 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2019, 11:50:48 AM »
Those ten shocking cases of psychopathic violence committed by men against women by Ross Grainger 2nd August 2019

“Here are the ten cases (from a catalogue of hundreds) that I list in my recent article for Conservative Woman:

Youth guilty of Dundee murder:  ‘The court heard that McIntosh [the defendant], who had been smoking cannabis, alarmed three strollers on Law Hill with his odd behaviour shortly before the killing.’ (17 Apr 2002)

Killer’s chilling promise to victim: ‘She [Stephanie Hancock] was strangled, battered and stabbed at her Hampshire home. Winchester Crown Court heard how Caswell, 31, was unable to accept their relationship had ended. Days before the murder he told a friend that he would “probably kill her”. He fulfilled his promise on July 22 by murdering Stephanie as she slept at their home on Pegasus Close, Gosport. The court also heard how Caswell suffered from a personality disorder because of a long-term dependence on cannabis.’ (19 Dec 2002)

Jodi’s killer to serve at least 20 years in jail: ‘The boyfriend of Jodi Jones was told yesterday that he would spend at least 20 years behind bars for the murder of the 14-year-old schoolgirl. Sentencing Luke Mitchell, 16, at Edinburgh high court, Lord Nimmo Smith linked the attack to the killer’s heavy cannabis use and fascination with the occult and the goth rocker Marilyn Manson… The judge also linked Mitchell’s use of cannabis to the killing. “I do not subscribe to the notion that this is a harmless recreational drug,” he said. “In your case, I think that it may well have contributed to your being unable to make the distinction between fantasy and reality which is essential for normal moral judgments [sic]”.’ (12 Feb 2005)
https://attackersmokedcannabis.com/2019/08/02/those-ten-shocking-cases-of-psychopathic-violence-committed-by-men-against-women/

Cannabis and this horrific tidal wave of violence against women
By Ross Grainger -  August 1, 2019

“THERE are many angles from which one can argue that cannabis is a dangerous drug, but, writing for The Conservative Woman for the first time, I shall take one I have emphasised only little since founding the website Attacker Smoked Cannabis last year, and that is the astonishing number of cases of psychopathic violence committed by men against women.

THERE are many angles from which one can argue that cannabis is a dangerous drug, but, writing for The Conservative Woman for the first time, I shall take one I have emphasised only little since founding the website Attacker Smoked Cannabis last year, and that is the astonishing number of cases of psychopathic violence committed by men against women.

In the week that Darren Pencille was found guilty of murdering Lee Pomeroy by stabbing him 18 times on a train, a severely mentally ill man was convicted of stabbing his mother to death, in part, he claimed, because he felt she had never forgiven him for stabbing her in the neck and drinking her blood some years earlier. The previous week, a man and two female accomplices were found guilty of beating and torturing a young woman in a failed attempt to induce a miscarriage of the baby she was carrying as a result of intercourse with the male defendant, who had taken issue with the girl’s refusal to have an abortion. The following week, a man with the grimly apt name of Adrian Sword was convicted of slashing his wife across the face with an eight-inch Samurai-style blade. The day after this, a 26-year-old man was found guilty of raping and murdering 13-year-old Lucy McHugh, in whose house he had been lodging, after she told him she was pregnant with his child.

The powerful psychoactive pleasure drug common to all these crimes is, of course, cannabis, in every case copious amounts of it smoked over many years. Either this is a relevant factor or it is not. At the very least, I think, we ought to find out before we yield to the demands of billionaire corporations and their political patsies to legalise this drug.

One difficulty such an investigation would have is defining the relationship between cannabis and psychotic aggression. Cannabis, like alcohol, does not cause violence. Violence is a voluntary action that ultimately depends on somebody’s decision to commit it. It would, though, be as ludicrous to suggest that violence and cannabis are not connected as it would be to claim there is no link between violence and alcohol. Both drugs can blur the frontiers between civilisation and savagery, one of which is the inability of a sane man or boy to countenance, much less commit, violence against a woman or girl.

Call it playing to the gallery if you wish, but I think I speak for most civilised men when I say that a savage fight between males moves me less than a single slap by a man on a woman. With cannabis, though, the violence rarely involves a single strike. As one judge put it, in his sentencing remarks to a man convicted of punching his girlfriend and burning down her house (which she and her children managed to flee), ‘Those whose minds are steeped in cannabis are capable of quite extraordinary criminality.’

Extraordinary, yes, but rarely swift. Macbeth (urged on, ironically for us, by his deranged and evil wife) says of his planned assassination of the king that ‘If it were done when tis done then t’were well / It were done quickly.’ Cannabis smokers, in inflicting many minutes, sometimes hours, of pain and terror on their innocent victims, betray their dulled and unresponsive brains.

No woman or girl is safe from this. Babies, children, adolescents, adults, pensioners; a man’s daughter, his girlfriend, his wife, his mother, his grandmother, his aunt, or a total stranger: neither age, nor common bloodline, nor common humanity moves a mind ‘steeped’ in cannabis. Here are reports of ten telling cases (from a catalogue of hundreds) that, if they caught your attention at the time, may have slipped from it since:

1) Robbie McIntosh, 15, stabbed civil servant Anne Nicoll 29 times in what was described as a frenzied attack. The court heard that McIntosh, who had been smoking cannabis, alarmed three strollers with his odd behaviour shortly before the killing. (17 April 2002)

2) Philip Caswell, 31, was unable to accept his relationship with Stephanie Hancock had ended. Winchester Crown Court heard how she was strangled, battered and stabbed at her Hampshire home.  The court also heard how Caswell suffered from a personality disorder because of a long-term dependence on cannabis. (19 Dec 2002)

3) Luke Mitchell, 15, stripped, tied up and repeatedly stabbed his 14-year-old girlfriend Jodi Jones on a wooded path near her home in Dalkeith, Midlothian. Sentencing Mitchell, by then 16, to 20 years in jail, Edinburgh high court judge Lord Nimmo Smith linked the attack to the killer’s heavy cannabis use and fascination with the occult and the goth rocker Marilyn Manson. ‘I do not subscribe to the notion that this is a harmless recreational drug,’ he said. ‘In your case, I think that it may well have contributed to your being unable to make the distinction between fantasy and reality which is essential for normal moral judgments.’ (12 Feb 2005)

4) A skunk-addicted schizophrenic set out to kill a black woman and stabbed a grandmother picked at random. Ezekiel Maxwell was 17 when he launched a frenzied attack on Carmelita Tulloch, 51, as she walked to work in Kennington, south London. (3 Apr 2007)

5) Adrian Jones, 17, beat Kelly Hyde, 24, from Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, around the head with a barbell. Jones did not know his victim and police said they still did not know his motive. He told jury he came across a dog lead used by Ms Hyde as he walked along the bridle path smoking cannabis on the day she disappeared. (17 July 2008)

6) Marc Middlebrook, 27, had ignored repeated warnings to quit using cannabis when he stabbed Stephanie Barton 15 times with three knives as she lay naked in his bed. Middlebrook had become convinced she was part of a plot to kill him and he ‘wanted to put her out of her misery’. (7 Oct 2008)

7) Schizophrenic labourer Maxwell Twyman, who had smoked super-strength skunk for ten years, knifed his 62-year-old grandmother Valerie on Christmas Day as she lay in bed in the Kent home they shared. Afterwards the 25-year-old calmly walked round to his aunt and uncle’s house to wish them season’s greetings and deliver presents before confessing: ‘I’ve killed my grandmother.’ (21 Nov 2008)

8) Martin Bell, 45, bludgeoned and stabbed Gemma Simpson to death after they smoked cannabis together. He told her: ‘God wants me to kill you.’ He pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility and was jailed for a minimum of 12 years. (19 Dec 2014)

9) Christopher Whelan, 21, drowned his aunt Julie Hill, 51, and strangled his 75-year-old grandmother Rose Hill after cannabis use exacerbated his violent thoughts linked to an obsessional disorder. (21 Nov 2016)

10) Jordan Matthews murdered his girlfriend after getting paranoid that she was unfaithful. Xixi Bi suffered 41 injuries, including a broken jaw and ribs. Matthews accepted he was smoking ‘quite a lot’ of cannabis at the time. (21 Feb 2017)

Paranoid, brutal, frenzied, sudden, sustained, psychotic: when you read of one or more of these characteristics, you can almost guarantee the attacker smoked cannabis.

I wrote earlier that no woman is safe from the deranged violence of cannabis smokers. It is almost the case that no political party is safe from the deep pockets and slick PR of the cannabis lobby. The Liberal Democrats, with Sir Norman Lamb MP to the fore, are the most vocal dupes, but they have allies in the Conservatives and Labour. In fact, no sooner had I finished this article, than a cross-party trio comprising David Lammy, Jonathan Djanogly and Sir Norman returned from Canada after a ‘fact-finding’ mission paid for by a cannabis company called MPX
https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/cannabis-and-this-horrific-tidal-wave-of-violence-against-women/

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2019, 12:26:09 PM »

I smoked high strength cannibis almost every day for about 23 years. It never made me violent or psychotic.
Mostly it just made me sleepy & gave me the munchies.
I don't smoke it anymore.
I think people with underlying mental illness & social problems may be adversely affected by it's misuse though.
Coke & Crack heads were the most violent & dis inhibited people I witnessed during my years as a stoner, along with alcoholics.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Parky41

« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2019, 03:15:44 PM »
Crimes of such heinous nature, set our minds into,  trying to fathom how a human being could stoop to such depravity. Is it the influence of drugs and alcohol that transforms a perfectly balanced human being into producing such horror? The effect of alcohol and drugs into ones system alters them from their 'normal' self for the most part. We all, in some way become altered. For the majority it is but a harmless change. Yapping ones  chops off when normally so timid, lowering our inhibitions, munching through amazing amounts of goodies when normally in control and so forth. For those, that it may cause detriment, are by far less than those not so. For some, even that first usage/consumption can cause devastating effects - whether alcohol or drugs, they are after all, both the same when it comes to changing our norm! It is therefore hard to determine what role these substances play? if they are the cause, an additive to the cause or is a person simply like that through nurture or nature? This in itself playing its own role - pre the inclusiveness of substances.

Offline Parky41

« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2019, 04:48:45 PM »
Maybe it was because Jodi's phone was broken at the time (I think?!) and so to chase her would have been more difficult and involved phoning her house again, potentially getting her into more trouble.

It appears that from the first instance of these two being an item, there had been one previous occasion in which Jodi failed to turn up?
Did this result in Jodi contacting Luke at some point, in that evening with an explanation?
Or, Luke contacting Jodi?
We can try to take into account, Luke making no attempt to contact Jodi again directly - her phone was broken, yet,
added to this we have Luke receiving no communication from Jodi over that evening.
This also appears not to have worried him - Just, absolutely nothing?
Would it be fair to assume that this was completely out of character for his GF?
One 'no-show' highlights more, in all of that time, how unusual this was.
He knew (by his version) that Jodi had left to meet him, it was not in character for her to not show up without further contact? Not the 'norm'?
'Why should he have been worried if her parents weren't?' he was but a young laddie.
Would it be fair to assume, that after phoning and speaking to the stepfather - they would perhaps, naturally have thought, they were together, thinking no more of it?
No further contact was made to Luke from Jodi or any attempt to contact her.
It was out of character.
What we have instead are;
Very precise accounts of his actions for that evening - out with the time with his friends.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2019, 04:47:38 PM »
Has James English ever interviewed Paul Brannigan?

Will be very interesting to see him interview Michelle Diskin Bates.

According to James English he’s recently interviewed “New Edward Heath Accuser.”

Private Eye Explores New Edward Heath Accuser - April 2019
“In his new video interview, Tarraga also laments the way that so much focus has been placed on his supposed encounter with Heath, and the prospect that he may be remembered simply as “Meat Rack Boy”, but these are the inevitable and obvious outcomes of Brees’s media strategy. It is unrealistic to accuse a former prime minister of sex abuse and not expect some critical scrutiny, and yet Brees appears not to have warned Tarraga that this would happen. Given Tarraga’s health and vulnerability, this is a failure of a duty of care.
There is a sense of manipulation in the video interview which becomes especially clear towards the end, as Brees invites Tarraga to denounce the BBC on an unrelated matter (4) and to praise Mark Watts, a journalist who promoted VIP abuse conspiracy theories on the Exaro website (5). It looks to me that Brees’s and Wedger’s interests being are served, rather than those of Tarraga.

https://barthsnotes.com/2019/04/04/private-eye-explores-new-edward-heath-accuser/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2019, 05:31:45 PM »
According to James English he’s recently interviewed “New Edward Heath Accuser.”

Private Eye Explores New Edward Heath Accuser - April 2019
“In his new video interview, Tarraga also laments the way that so much focus has been placed on his supposed encounter with Heath, and the prospect that he may be remembered simply as “Meat Rack Boy”, but these are the inevitable and obvious outcomes of Brees’s media strategy. It is unrealistic to accuse a former prime minister of sex abuse and not expect some critical scrutiny, and yet Brees appears not to have warned Tarraga that this would happen. Given Tarraga’s health and vulnerability, this is a failure of a duty of care.
There is a sense of manipulation in the video interview which becomes especially clear towards the end, as Brees invites Tarraga to denounce the BBC on an unrelated matter (4) and to praise Mark Watts, a journalist who promoted VIP abuse conspiracy theories on the Exaro website (5). It looks to me that Brees’s and Wedger’s interests being are served, rather than those of Tarraga.

https://barthsnotes.com/2019/04/04/private-eye-explores-new-edward-heath-accuser/

https://trollexposure.wordpress.com/?s=Michael+Tarraga+

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2019, 05:30:01 PM »
It appears that from the first instance of these two being an item, there had been one previous occasion in which Jodi failed to turn up?
Did this result in Jodi contacting Luke at some point, in that evening with an explanation?
Or, Luke contacting Jodi?
We can try to take into account, Luke making no attempt to contact Jodi again directly - her phone was broken, yet,
added to this we have Luke receiving no communication from Jodi over that evening.
This also appears not to have worried him - Just, absolutely nothing?
Would it be fair to assume that this was completely out of character for his GF?
One 'no-show' highlights more, in all of that time, how unusual this was.
He knew (by his version) that Jodi had left to meet him, it was not in character for her to not show up without further contact? Not the 'norm'?
'Why should he have been worried if her parents weren't?' he was but a young laddie.
Would it be fair to assume, that after phoning and speaking to the stepfather - they would perhaps, naturally have thought, they were together, thinking no more of it?
No further contact was made to Luke from Jodi or any attempt to contact her.
It was out of character.
What we have instead are;
Very precise accounts of his actions for that evening - out with the time with his friends.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg455686.html#msg455686

8((()*/