Author Topic: Ann Eaton's statements point to Jeremy's innocence.  (Read 12508 times)

Offline APRIL

Re: Ann Eaton's statements point to Jeremy's innocence.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 01:54:14 PM »
It would  have just been a local alarm company  that fitted it and the cost would have been billed to the Bamber's.

That being the case, it wouldn't have been authorized by police.................but of course, as he wasn't responsible for sending Jimmy down, there was no threat, so it wouldn't have been.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 03:54:36 PM »

That being the case, it wouldn't have been authorized by police.................but of course, as he wasn't responsible for sending Jimmy down, there was no threat, so it wouldn't have been.

It wasn''t, Jeremy had it fitted on the advice from SJ. I believe the police organised the fitting but they wouldn't have paid the bill.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:59:23 PM by Caroline »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 08:29:51 PM »
It wasn''t, Jeremy had it fitted on the advice from SJ. I believe the police organised the fitting but they wouldn't have paid the bill.
I've never heard of that happening before.    So I wonder who knew how to turn the alarm off and where the spare keys were hidden in the first few days after the murders?

You must admit that the moderator could have been tampered with during the time of the burglar alarm installation.
There was the evidence promoted that the scratch marks to the mantelpiece were there prior to the murders.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2020, 09:02:40 PM »
I've never heard of that happening before.    So I wonder who knew how to turn the alarm off and where the spare keys were hidden in the first few days after the murders?

You must admit that the moderator could have been tampered with during the time of the burglar alarm installation.
There was the evidence promoted that the scratch marks to the mantelpiece were there prior to the murders.

Well, as Jeremy had hidden it, it reasonable to suppose he could have tampered with it, although, why would he? And why would a.n.others go searching for something they didn't know the existence of?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 09:16:07 PM »

Well, as Jeremy had hidden it, it reasonable to suppose he could have tampered with it, although, why would he? And why would a.n.others go searching for something they didn't know the existence of?

You are making a lot of assumptions here:

Who made the claim that Jeremy hid the moderator in the gun cupboard?  It is in the right place for it to be found.
Have you read Ann Eaton's statements in full?  I haven't as yet but I find there were others present when Jeremy is making statements, so the question of the moderator may have been raised and at least 4 others were hearing what Jeremy's answers were.

Ann Eaton even made notes about what Jeremy was saying in his statement.  So no doubt she discussed her notes later with David her brother and Anthony her cousin (??).

They all went and searched for this item later, when it should have been the police's role to do so.

In the book "Blood Relations: The Definitive Account of Jeremy Bamber and the White House ...
By Roger Wilkes" he writes that Anony Pargeter had used that gun and set the sights on it.  He knew it had a moderator and telescopic sights as well and where it was kept.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:25:04 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 09:27:59 PM »
You are making a lot of assumptions here:

Who made the claim that Jeremy hid the moderator in the gun cupboard?  It is in the right place for it to be found.
Have you read Ann Eaton's statements in full?  I haven't as yet but I find there were others present when Jeremy is making statements, so the question of the moderator may have been raised and at least 4 others were hearing what Jeremy's answers were.

Ann Eaton even made notes about what Jeremy was saying in his statement.  So no doubt she discussed her notes later with David her brother and Anthony her cousin (??).

They all went and searched for this item later, when it should have been the police's role to do so.

As I don't believe Sheila hid it, and I don't believe a.n.other did it, that only leaves Jeremy.

Unless Ann et al told police that a silencer was missing, why, if police were still going along with murder/suicide, would they look for a silencer?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 09:39:19 PM »

As I don't believe Sheila hid it, and I don't believe a.n.other did it, that only leaves Jeremy.

Unless Ann et al told police that a silencer was missing, why, if police were still going along with murder/suicide, would they look for a silencer?
Of course, Sheila didn't hide it.  Jeremy has already told us on the night the gun didn't have a silencer or the scope on it.

You say "As I don't believe Sheila hid it, and I don't believe a.n.other did it, that only leaves Jeremy.
But that isn't absolutely true as Julie later tells the police that MacDonald may have been involved, or that other suspect you mentioned above  "Jim Bell".  There are many others who could be involved so don't fall for the trap of saying that only leaves Jeremy.

Why should anyone go looking for a silencer?   Taff Jones said it was murder-suicide but the others weren't so sure, and they seem to be supporting Ann Eaton to find some other evidence.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 09:43:34 PM »
Ann Eaton - Statement dated 2 October 1985  seems largely a correction of facts that she has stated in earlier statements. 
There is no real reason given why she made errors in the earlier statements. 

Ann Eaton - Statement dated 16 November 1985  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3170.0
She Does not remember Jeremy saying Nevill was hurt when he rang Jeremy.
She also says she wasn't aware that Sheila and the kids had arrived for that week.
Also, the bike at Jeremy's looked identical to the one at WHF early in August.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 11:38:00 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2020, 08:14:23 AM »
 Statements under the heading "Stokenchurch Inquiry statement".  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3171.0

On page 20 of Ann Eaton stated:  "On the7th Ann Eaton rang Anthony Pargeter (Uncle Nevill's nephew) to inform him of the shootings and it was agreed that he would go to Oak Farm [Ann Eaton's residence] on the 8th August."

On page 45 same document  Ann Eaton stated that Jeremy rang the Witham Police to find out what happened to his dad's wallet that he knew it had 400 - 500 Pounds plus Nevill's credit cards in it.

Personally I thought if he had removed the wallet on the night of the shooting he would hardly raise the issue of the wallet being missing several days later.

Moderation

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »
Do Ann Eaton's statements point to Jeremy's innocence?

1.  Jeremy basically has Ann as a support person during his interviews with the police.

2.  Jeremy allows Ann and her brother to take over the WHF homestead.   If he had hidden evidence left in the residence I doubt that he would have allowed that.

3.  The reasons she records Jeremy as saying why he didn't rush over to WHF ahead of the police only makes sense if Sheila really had the gun.

JB had no choice but to have Ann and the family look after WHF in the immediate days after he killed everyone. He claimed it was too traumatic to go there and someone had to go in there to make sure it was safe. Ann was also left with the sickening task of having to clear up blood etc...

If Jeremy thought Sheila had “the gun” as he called it (Freudian slip on his account), why didn’t he drive at the back of the police car going the same speed? They’d hardly have done him for speeding! Why lag behind for five full minutes, creeping along like a snail?
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 08:54:30 AM »
"Another look at that pesky sound moderator"

A real good debate.  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6514.0

Read the Ann Eaton statements and I think we can see how the silencer could possibly have been contaminated after the murders.

The murder scene was not properly clean.
Sheila's blood may have been able to be found in the area that she had lain.
Who would do such a thing?

Sheila’s dried pools of blood and blood spots had soaked into the carpet UPSTAIRS. Her blood was nowhere else in the house.

The police BURNED the carpets the next day or so whilst they were still guarding it.
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 08:57:05 AM »
1.  Just because he was a bit of a rebel, doesn't mean he didn't love his Dad.

2.  "Bamber thought he'd cleaned up the moderator well enough so that nobody would notice he'd used it, and couldn't dispose of it elsewhere just in case questions were asked about its disappearance."  That must be a guess.
" A.Pargeter, for one, knew that one was fitted when he saw it on the cupboard."  That was 2 weeks before and it only takes a minute or two to remove them.

3. "Bamber didn't want it to appear that he was at the crime scene well before anyone else, thus ruining his alibi of being at Goldhanger when the shooting kicked off."
According to Ann Eaton, "He said he was afraid that Sheila had set a trap".  So if he went there quickly people could say he knew she was already dead and hence wasn't a threat and he knew it.

There is no right response as he would be condemned if he was there early and if he was there late.

He wouldn’t have been condemned had he followed the police car at speed though...

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 09:00:59 AM »
1. Still, Jeremy could have been showing off. 
2. Clouseau works from evidence really.  Well, the silencer was in the gun cabinet, probably where Jeremy said Nevill left it.   What proof was there that it had been used during the killings?  If the blood on the baffles is the only bit one could claim it was planted there afterward.   What I did notice from the Ann Eaton statements was that there was no shortage of blood to be found in a variety of places in the first few days afterward.

3.  If he was home so be it. 

What really took me by surprise in the Ann Eaton statements was the fact that WHF was fitted with a burglar alarm.  Has anyone mentioned how that worked?  [I've done a quick search on the forum and there was no mention of the WHF burglar alarm.]

Wow, you’ve spent HOURS of your time trying to solve a case that’s already been solved, and you still don’t understand the EVIDENCE proved the silencer had been used in the murders??!😳

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 09:12:30 AM »
OK so it was fitted within the first few days then for that is how I read Ann's statement.

Also the Blue has a similar comment " Jeremy told somebody that he corresponds with that the panic button was not installed until POST murders along with the burglar alarm. The relatives then admitted this was true!"

That was a very quick installation.

It only takes a day to fit an alarm system.

The police suggested in case of intruders who may steal valuable contents

No idea what system was put in, but the one I had in the 1990s (and they’re progressing all the time) had panic buttons downstairs and upstairs, for obvious reasons. Pointless just having one downstairs when you’re in bed at night.

It also had three separate buttons for Police, Fire, Ambulance

It was dog friendly, meaning my dog could walk downstairs without setting it off when it was on night mode

Had to pay a monthly fee for it to be monitored 24/7

Had to pay a one off annual fee to police so that when the alarm company got the panic alarm they’d send the police immediately, and as you paid the police they’d give you immediate priority and arrive in minutes. I always thought that was bad in a way, but that’s how it was and still is.

Nowadays alarms are all connected via wifi so are far more sophisticated

Not sure why I’ve rambled...but, anyway, there was nothing strange about the police suggesting WHF be fitted with an alarm system. They wouldn’t have paid for it, but may have arranged it.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »

When an alarm is wired up around a house they don’t go inside cupboards, and the man fitting it isn’t going to nose around!

The police were possibly there when it was fitted, but don’t see why anyone else would’ve been there, no point.

The moderator wasn’t even FOUND in the very early days, so that smacks THAT theory out the window that it was tampered with.

There’s is NO evidence the mantel was damaged PRIOR to the murders, thats BS.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:23:13 PM by Ispywithmybigeye »