Author Topic: ITV Developing A Series Based On The Case Of Jeremy Bamber  (Read 45639 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:58:05 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

Re: ITV Developing A Series Based On The Case Of Jeremy Bamber
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 03:36:47 PM »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5934686/itv-jeremy-bamber-bloodbath-drama/

I wonder if others are making assumptions how the relatives might react or have the relatives been contacted and made their views known?

In any event I think the operative words are: "But if it comes to fruition..."
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 10:58:49 AM »
I wonder if JackieD(elicious)Preece had a helping hand in this?  She seemed to have some ideas about a tv prog.

Offline Samson

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-03-29/itv-is-developing-a-series-based-on-the-jeremy-bamber-murder-case/
Holly you are doing the work of scientific rationalists everywhere, and it is thankless. This is a maudlin recitation of a hoax that Essex police and the relatives put together.
I am sorry you're in this jelly fight, but implore you to persevere.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 11:04:58 AM »
I wonder if JackieD(elicious)Preece had a helping hand in this?  She seemed to have some ideas about a tv prog.

Highly unlikely imho

Mrksa believes the motivations of the story and what it says about the Britain of the time will make for gripping TV if it gets green lit.

He told RadioTimes.com: “There’s a strong procedural line running through it but it’s really more about the characters.  I think there’s a complex story there of the pressures and resentments and dysfunction of families
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 11:11:26 AM »
I imagine the prison will put Bamber on suicide watch (ACCT) during the airing if it gets the green light

I expect it will help solidify Bambers guilt but he'll no doubt relish the attention. Of course it won't do him any favours with his fellow inmates. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1463264/Killer-Bamber-has-throat-slit-in-jail-attack.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:23:14 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »

Doubt it, Jackie was talking about something that would investigate Julie Mugford and was very much from an innocent perspective. The article makes it clear that this drama will be based on him as the killer.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Doubt it, Jackie was talking about something that would investigate Julie Mugford and was very much from an innocent perspective. The article makes it clear that this drama will be based on him as the killer.[/color=red]

That's not the way I read it?.

The Sun article states:

"The programme could reopen the debate about Bamber's guilt"

But this might just be the Sun's interpretation.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 12:10:36 AM »
"Mention the name Jeremy Bamber and anyone with memories of the 1980s will almost certainly recall the man convicted of murdering his adoptive parents, adoptive sister and her twin six-year-old sons in a remote Essex farmhouse.

And now RadioTimes.com can reveal that the tragic story is being turned into an ITV drama.

The channel is developing a six-part series provisionally called The White House Farm Murders.

It’s being written by talented Australian writer Kris Mrksa, the man behind the recent creepy BBC1 thriller Requiem.

The story will recount events around the bloody carnage of the night of 6 to 7 August 1985 when Nevill and June Bamber were shot and killed inside their farmhouse, along with their adoptive daughter, Sheila Caffell, and Sheila’s six-year-old twin sons, Daniel and Nicholas Caffell.

The police initially believed that Sheila Cafell committed the murders but Bamber was eventually arrested.

At his trial, the prosecution argued that, motivated by a large inheritance, Bamber had shot the family with his father’s semi-automatic rifle, then placed the gun in his unstable sister’s hands to make it look like a murder–suicide.

Bamber was convicted of five counts of murder in October 1986 and was sentenced to a minimum of 25 years. He was told in 1994 that he would never be released, a judgement that has since been upheld on appeal.

Bamber still denies his involvement in the crimes.

Mrksa believes the motivations of the story and what it says about the Britain of the time will make for gripping TV if it gets green lit.

He told RadioTimes.com: “There’s a strong procedural line running through it but it’s really more about the characters.  I think there’s a complex story there of the pressures and resentments and dysfunction of families.”

If it goes ahead, the programme would join a roster of dramas from ITV based on real life events.

These include dramas which have aired including Little Boy Blue about the murder of Rhys Jones and an in-production story of the detective who hunted for the killer Levi Bellfield whose victims included Surrey schoolgirl Milly Dowler. Martin Clunes is playing DCI Colin Sutton, the investigating officer, in the drama.

An ITV spokeswoman said: “We can confirm a drama series entitled The White House Farm Murders is being developed for ITV.” http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-03-29/itv-is-developing-a-series-based-on-the-jeremy-bamber-murder-case/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:12:47 AM by Stephanie »

Offline puglove

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 12:23:12 AM »
Bamber supporters think that he's the only one maintaining innocence. Not true. They all do. Basically, no one wants to live in a concrete hole, shit in a tin pot, and pretend that they didn't kill children. No one wants to be the lowest of the low. But there will always be Bamber, Huntley, Bridger, West, Sutcliffe, Brady. Hindley.

s..m.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline puglove

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 01:08:04 AM »
One more message to lookout, before I feed my baby hedgehog.

Prisons are full of killers, who lie. You need to wise up. You daft old boiler.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 11:17:36 AM »
"Mention the name Jeremy Bamber and anyone with memories of the 1980s will almost certainly recall the man convicted of murdering his adoptive parents, adoptive sister and her twin six-year-old sons in a remote Essex farmhouse.

And now RadioTimes.com can reveal that the tragic story is being turned into an ITV drama.

The channel is developing a six-part series provisionally called The White House Farm Murders.

It’s being written by talented Australian writer Kris Mrksa, the man behind the recent creepy BBC1 thriller Requiem.

The story will recount events around the bloody carnage of the night of 6 to 7 August 1985 when Nevill and June Bamber were shot and killed inside their farmhouse, along with their adoptive daughter, Sheila Caffell, and Sheila’s six-year-old twin sons, Daniel and Nicholas Caffell.

The police initially believed that Sheila Cafell committed the murders but Bamber was eventually arrested.

At his trial, the prosecution argued that, motivated by a large inheritance, Bamber had shot the family with his father’s semi-automatic rifle, then placed the gun in his unstable sister’s hands to make it look like a murder–suicide.

Bamber was convicted of five counts of murder in October 1986 and was sentenced to a minimum of 25 years. He was told in 1994 that he would never be released, a judgement that has since been upheld on appeal.

Bamber still denies his involvement in the crimes.

He told RadioTimes.com: “There’s a strong procedural line running through it but it’s really more about the characters.  I think there’s a complex story there of the pressures and resentments and dysfunction of families.”

If it goes ahead, the programme would join a roster of dramas from ITV based on real life events.

These include dramas which have aired including Little Boy Blue about the murder of Rhys Jones and an in-production story of the detective who hunted for the killer Levi Bellfield whose victims included Surrey schoolgirl Milly Dowler. Martin Clunes is playing DCI Colin Sutton, the investigating officer, in the drama.

An ITV spokeswoman said: “We can confirm a drama series entitled The White House Farm Murders is being developed for ITV.” http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-03-29/itv-is-developing-a-series-based-on-the-jeremy-bamber-murder-case/

Will be interesting to see how they portray Bamber the psychopath

Offline Real justice

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »
Bamber supporters think that he's the only one maintaining innocence. Not true. They all do. Basically, no one wants to live in a concrete hole, shit in a tin pot, and pretend that they didn't kill children. No one wants to be the lowest of the low. But there will always be Bamber, Huntley, Bridger, West, Sutcliffe, Brady. Hindley.

s..m.
As the saying goes, “they all shit in the same pot”

Offline Alice

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 08:04:59 PM »
Regarding the ITV series I have to say I am not hopeful that it will be in any way enlightening. In my opinion Requiem left a lot to be desired in terms of plot holes and unsustained flights of fancy. If that sort of flimsy gets painted onto the Bamber story I feel it may just convince a whole new bunch of numpties that he might be innocent!