Author Topic: Which carers did attend to Sami at home?  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Daisy

Which carers did attend to Sami at home?
« on: March 11, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »
Dad was expected to file returns under the Direct Payments scheme with receipts for each ‘carer’ paid.  Unfortunately, it appears that he didn’t make these receipts out in their real names, perhaps reflecting the fact that they weren’t being paid for genuine care work.  Like you, we certainly expected there to be some sort of registration process at least, but by the time a Serious Case Review was published by the County Council in 2011 – after my trial – it became clear that they didn’t have even so much as a phone number to go by.

“There is no obligation for local authorities to have the contact details of Personal Assistants employed by Direct Payments Recipients.”
Sami’s “Personal Assistants should have been paying National Insurance contributions, tax and public liability insurance. Information about these matters would have allowed the police to trace them….People’s Voices did not operate a payroll system.  Their paperwork only indicates that (Sami’s) Personal Assistants were self employed.”

Dad gave his employees copies of the house keys so that they could come and go freely, recruiting them through local advertising and word of mouth for periods when I was away from home.

“We were aware care workers did go to the house on a weekly basis” WP
“Sami mentioned he had hired ‘home help’ but found out she was listening at the door to his conversations, so he sacked her.  He never mentioned her name” JP

None of these workers came forward to the police, so they could never be formally eliminated from the investigation.  As the CPS noted in their formal admissions at trial, “further identities of others who may have been in contact with Sami have not been established.”  Despite this, we have been able to identify one of the carers who worked for Sami, so we will be approaching them for questioning shortly.  I really hope we can encourage others to come forward who may have been reluctant to originally, or who may have felt they had nothing to offer at the time.  This would make a huge difference to our efforts today.

Offline John

Re: Which carers did attend to Sami at home?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »
I'm quite sure Sami would have recorded any carers telephone contact details somewhere yet police failed to find them?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:14:36 PM »
I'm quite sure Sami would have recorded any carers telephone contact details somewhere yet police failed to find them?

Indeed, quite fantastic that this information is missing.
I am thinking scenarios:

1. He never used carers
2. he was being blackmailed?
3. he was using slave labour and gang members knew he had hidden money or was into some racket and bumped him.
4 He abused his carer and  an act of defence caused his death.

If it was Mark he had no reason to remove such evidence?

It is the only reason someone would remove all their details- think about it.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 01:08:06 PM »
Indeed, quite fantastic that this information is missing.
I am thinking scenarios:

1. He never used carers
2. he was being blackmailed?
3. he was using slave labour and gang members knew he had hidden money or was into some racket and bumped him.
4 He abused his carer and  an act of defence caused his death.

If it was Mark he had no reason to remove such evidence?

It is the only reason someone would remove all their details- think about it.

I believe the simple answer is there were no carers at the time of his murder.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 07:09:47 AM »
I believe the simple answer is there were no carers at the time of his murder.

Neighbours saw carers going in. What we don't know is why and when they stopped going in. It is not up to us to speculate but to examine the facts. Perhaps we will find out more once the career they have identified has been interviewed.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:24:51 PM by Daisy »

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 12:03:02 PM »

Neighbours saw careers going in. What we don't know is why and when they stopped going in. It is not up to us to speculate but to examine the facts. Perhaps we will find out more once the career they have identified has been interviewed.

Had there been a carer at the time of Sami's demise, he or she would have reported his disappearance unless of course you think they were involved?

Offline Daisy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »
Had there been a carer at the time of Sami's demise, he or she would have reported his disappearance unless of course you think they were involved?

Would they have reported it bearing in mind they weren't paying tax or National Insurance? They may well have been involved who knows?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:18 PM »
Would they have reported it bearing in mind they weren't paying tax or National Insurance? They may well have been involved who knows?

Yes indeed I was getting that impression myself. He may have been nasty to someone and they lost the rag, ofcourse that someone could include his son. I am not sure where I sit with this one yet.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Fact Checker

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 04:19:33 PM »

Interestingly, one of them did just this, but was ignored. The police did not take a statement from her, and did not notify the defence.

Mark's lawyers recently tracked down one of the household assistants Sami had hired to work for him. She had been working at Sami's home in August 2009, and confirmed that there were other people working there too. She was unable to identify who they were however, which brings us back to square one. Who were they, and why have they never come forward?
This account is run by volunteers on the freeMarkAlexander.org team. We welcome healthy debate, but please try to avoid making unsubstantiated or libelous claims. Please excuse us if we do not respond to a post immediately. We may need to conduct further research before we can answer a question fully and this might take some time. All of our posted images are licensed by freeMarkAlexander.org under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.