Author Topic: Introduction - Amy Fitzpatrick (15) disappeared from Mijas, Costa del Sol, Spain in 2008  (Read 30169 times)

Offline John

Amy Fitzpatrick (15) disappeared from Mijas, Costa del Sol, Spain in 2008

TEEN Amy Fitzpatrick’s disappearance in Spain in 2008 shattered her family’s dream of a new life.

The youngster was just 12 when she moved with her mum Audrey, stepdad Dave Mahon and brother Dean to Mijas on the Costa del Sol.

Estate agent Mahon ran a very successful business there and was the owner of eight homes on the Costa and a bar when Amy vanished on New Year’s Day.

Her disappearance marked the beginning of a downward spiral for the family — which hit a new low with the news that 23-year-old Dean had been fatally stabbed at Coolock, north Dublin, on Saturday night and that Mahon had been arrested.

The disappearance of Amy Fitzpatrick occurred on New Year's Day 2008.

At 10pm on that day, 15-year-old Irish teenager Amy Fitzpatrick said goodbye to friend Ashley Rose, with whom she had been babysitting Ashley’s brother at her friend’s house in Mijas Costa in Málaga, Spain.  Fitzpatrick should have arrived at her home on the urbanisation Riviera del Sol in Mijas Costa, near Fuengirola, at about 10:10pm, as it was only a short walk away.  She never arrived home and has not been heard from or seen since that night.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:18:24 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Audrey had admitted recently to being on the brink of suicide on several occasions.

The couple’s tireless search for Amy had made a huge dent in their finances and they returned to Ireland penniless last year.

Speaking recently, Mahon said: “We’ve definitely gone from riches to rags. At one point we owned eight homes in Spain and had a very healthy bank balance.

“Everything’s gone now and we’re renting a one-bed flat in Dublin. We’re on the dole and I get around on a pushbike.

“Our financial problems are the result of the search for Amy.

“We’re struggling financially but we wouldn’t have done things any differently and don’t regret a single cent of the money we’ve spent.”

Happier time ... Audrey, centre, with her daughter Amy and son Dean.

The couple were left devastated when Amy vanished while walking home from a friend’s house.

At the time of her disappearance, the youngster had been unhappy living in Spain. Amy had dropped out of school and was keen to return to Dublin.

Following her disappearance, Mahon and Audrey launched a campaign to find Amy — meeting with former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, current Taoiseach Enda Kenny and also Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman for missing Madeleine McCann’s parents.

Separately, her dad Christopher hired a private investigator Liam Brady to trawl through the evidence.

But Brady’s investigation seemed to drive a deeper wedge between Audrey and her ex, with Audrey slamming the probe.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:31:06 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

The mother-of-two also revealed her heartache at reports — after Amy’s disappearance — that suggested the teenager had been leading a wild lifestyle prior to the day she vanished.

The couple were accused of letting Amy lead an erratic lifestyle centred on drugs and alcohol — and that she had foraged in bins for food.

Speaking about the claims, made in 2011, Audrey said: “To say I’m furious is an understatement. It’s all lies. Amy did not drink, didn’t smoke marijuana and was never neglected.” Since their return to Ireland last year, things have gone from bad to worse for the couple.

Dave, left, Audrey and Dean.

On January 1, 2013, the fifth anniversary of Amy’s disappearance, Mahon was caught drink-driving near his home in Santry, Dublin.

In a hearing earlier this year, a court heard how an off-duty garda saw Mahon driving erratically, breaking several red lights and swerving in front of oncoming vehicles. In court, Judge Ann Watkin described the 42-year-old’s dangerous driving as being “horrendous”.

He was given a four-month jail term and five-year ban, reduced on appeal to a suspended sentence and three-year ban.

But the ordeal, coupled with her ongoing search for Amy, added to devastated Audrey’s stress levels.

In March, before Mahon successfully appealed his jail sentence, worried Audrey accidentally overdosed on panic pills.

Speaking at the time about the incident, Audrey explained: “It wasn’t a suicide attempt. All I wanted to do was to sleep because I felt so tired. I was out of it for around three days.

“My doctor says it was a miracle I came out unscathed. He’s banned me from taking Xanax which I used to combat panic attacks.

“We’ve accepted Amy’s dead but the pain of not knowing exactly what happened to her and where she is now obviously gets me down.

“My mum’s death last year and my dad’s battle with Alzheimer’s have also worn me down. Dave’s conviction has knocked me sideways again.” As well as Audrey’s stress, Mahon recently revealed how his own health has taken a hit as a result of the search for Amy.

He is due to undergo two hip replacement operations and told recently how he hoped to return to work after them.

The couple also revealed how they were considering returning to Spain when the property market picks up.

Mahon said: “I didn’t have the drive to run a business when Amy first went missing.

“The search for her took over everything else. We survive on €300 a month plus some rent allowance.” The pair hosted a party on February 7 — the date of Amy’s 21st — and invited friends and relatives.

Amy’s old school in Dublin, St Catherine’s National School, Artane, also marked the occasion by unveiling a garden in her honour.

The opening of Amy’s Garden was attended by members of the Fitzpatrick family, Amy’s former teachers, current pupils and Lord Mayor of Dublin, Naoise O Muiri.

Speaking at the event, former principal at the school, Moira Bennett, remembered Amy as the girl “with the biggest smile” and a radiant personality who got on with everyone.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4943952/Torn-apart-by-tragedy.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:30:36 AM by John »

Offline Eleanor

Anyone got any details on The Amy Fitzpatrick Fund?  Is there anything left after supporting Audrey Fitzpatrick and Dave Mahon?
They certainly did a fair bit of Fund Raising.

Audrey Fitzpatrick is writing a book, by the way.  Will the proceeds from that go into The Amy Fitzpatrick Fund?

Such a lot of Funds that we don't know anything about, let alone Yearly Accounts for any of them.

Offline Mrs. B

Anyone got any details on The Amy Fitzpatrick Fund?  Is there anything left after supporting Audrey Fitzpatrick and Dave Mahon?

Audrey Fitzpatrick is writing a book, by the way.  Will the proceeds from that go into The Amy Fitzpatrick Fund?

Such a lot of Funds that we don't know anything about, let alone Yearly Accounts for any of them.

We have set up a bank account for anyone who wishes to help us out with our campaign and we would appreciate the smallest donation to help us with out.

The details of the bank account are: Bank of Ireland 95839158 sort code 90-04-71

http://www.missingamy.net/funddetails.htm

Offline TTSOFAFM

Good questions Eleanor.  As far as I can make out there are two funds.  One being conducted by Amy's biological father to help fund private investigators

http://www.searchforamy.com/news.html

SENDING DONATIONS DIRECT TO THE BANK

We have setup a bank account so we can raise funds for a Private Investigator to help in the search for my daughter. I have tried everything in my power to get information on Amy's whereabouts and with no luck. Last week we discovered a sighting that we reported of Amy in Portugal in April it was never followed up and I am still not getting any feedback on the case from the Spanish police. We have now set up a fund for people to donate towards funds for a Private Investigator. If you would like to help in the search for Amy you can make a donation at the following account. Account Name: Amy Fitzpatrick Fund Sort Code: 990641 Account Number: 13524718 Bank: Permanent TSB Raheny Village Many thanks to the media for keeping Amy's photo in the public eye and many thanks to the thousands of people who have contacted me and who have signed our petition for the European Alert System for missing people ANY FUNDS THAT ARE LEFT OVER WILL GO TO THE MISSING ORGANISATION www.miss.ie to help other people going through this situation.

CHRISTOPHER FITZPATRICK.

and the Fund created by supporters of Audrey and Dave

As you all know we have put out heart,soul,blood,sweat and tears into searching for Amy and trying to find out what happened to her and where she is.

We still have no clue as to where she is and until the day she is found we will never ever give up searching for her.

We need the campaign to find Amy to keep going and to do this we need to set up a fund to help us with our search for her.

We have never asked for the public's help financially from the day Amy disappeared on us but we are asking for your help now. We have set up a bank account for anyone who wishes to help us out with our campaign and we would appreciate the smallest donation to help us with out.

The details of the bank account are: Bank of Ireland 95839158 sort code 90-04-71

Thank you to everyone who has helped us out in whatever way you have done in the past especially our family and friends who have been there for us from day 1. We can never thank you all enough for your help.

With regards to the Book written by Audrey there are details of it on Page 14 of this pdf document

http://www.northsidepeople.ie/assets/graphics/publications/Binder5%201.pdf

However what I do find strange is that book was released in June 2012 and Audrey states in the article
“Every second you are hoping that she will turn up and say hello.”

Yet just over 6 months later she is quoted by the papers as accepting that Amy is dead.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/school-opens-garden-in-memory-of-missing-amy-fitzpatrick-29054750.html

and in this article she states

http://www.herald.ie/news/i-only-found-out-dean-was-dead-the-next-day-hes-with-amy-now-says-devastated-mum-29303038.html

"I now think of Dean and Amy and Mam and Beverley being all together," Audrey said.

"I don't have my Mam to go to now. But I think of Mam looking after Dean and Amy.

"She's much more than just their guardian angel. She's tougher than that. She's their guard dog," said Audrey.

I wonder how many McCann sceptics will question, the fact that these funds are still be advertised on the internet and the fund with regards to Audrey Fitzpatrick is still advertising for funds, even though she accepts her daughter is dead?

Isn't this the main gripe that anti-McCann people have with the McCanns, them asking for money when there is a probability that Madeleine could be deceased?

Offline Carana

I wonder how many McCann sceptics will question, the fact that these funds are still be advertised on the internet and the fund with regards to Audrey Fitzpatrick is still advertising for funds, even though she accepts her daughter is dead?

Isn't this the main gripe that anti-McCann people have with the McCanns, them asking for money when there is a probability that Madeleine could be deceased?

I really haven't the faintest idea as to how the fund for Amy has been used.

Dead or alive, Amy still needs to be found.

ETA: I hadn't seen the earlier posts. I'm reading back up now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:00:05 PM by Carana »

Offline TTSOFAFM

I really haven't the faintest idea as to how the fund for Amy has been used.

Dead or alive, Amy still needs to be found.
I wholeheartedly agree, but my point being is that the McCann sceptics would jump down on the McCanns with a ton of bricks if they came out and said that they accepted that Madeleine was dead but they still need funds to find her.

All missing children need to be found.  But as proven in the case of April Jones, people close down funds when they feel that the person they are looking for is deceased, the prospect of finding April's body is so slim now that the fund organisers have decided to give the proceeds to charities and close down the fund.

I just find it highly hypocritical that the people can criticise the McCanns whilst ignoring what other people do with funds that are set up to help people.  Funds that are not transparent and funds that fail to produce accounts.

Offline Eleanor

I don't think that Amy is necessarily dead, so I cannot understand why Amy's mother does.  I wouldn't if it was my daughter.
I hope Amy just ran away from an intolerable situation.
But her mother shouldn't be advertising for funds if she thinks Amy is dead.  I don't think Amy's father has given up on her.  But then he is still searching. And his Fund is an entirely different kettle of fish to that of her mother.

Offline TTSOFAFM

I don't think that Amy is necessarily dead, so I cannot understand why Amy's mother does.  I wouldn't if it was my daughter.
I hope Amy just ran away from an intolerable situation.
But her mother shouldn't be advertising for funds if she thinks Amy is dead.  I don't think Amy's father has given up on her.  But then he is still searching. And his Fund is an entirely different kettle of fish to that of her mother.
No I don't think she is dead either.  I think she has run away and whoever she is with is shielding her.  Perhaps her fear is that if she is found she will be forced back into the same situation she was trying to escape.  And like you I can't understand her mother thinking she is dead either.  Every parent would hold onto the hope that a miracle will happen and their child will be found.

Offline Eleanor

Thanks for The Article,TTSOFAFM.  Very interesting. 
So Audrey spoke to Amy on the phone, after midnight on New Year's Day.  So Amy must have been at home, where her Cell Phone was found.  Land Line or Cell Phone, it makes no difference because both phones were at Amy's home. So Amy must have been there.  I didn't know about the phone call, so what's with the path through the scrubland?
Where would Amy go after midnight on New Year's Day?
Either she ran away, or something happened to her at home.  I sincerely hope that it is the former.
And, Yes, Amy would have stayed in hiding if she didn't want to go back to where she had at least been grievously neglected for at least two years.
Poor little girl.
And I am not given to great emotion about children I don't know.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!

Is that as well as this one, Eleanor?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amy-Fitzpatrick-Please-Find-Daughter/dp/1908813040/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

PLEASE FIND MY AMY. 

We have written a book telling our story since Amy disappeared.It is available in most book shops in Ireland and available online in at the following addresses

http://www.missingamy.net/bookdetails.htm
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:30:22 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Eleanor

Is that as well as this one, Eleanor?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amy-Fitzpatrick-Please-Find-Daughter/dp/1908813040/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

PLEASE FIND MY AMY. 

We have written a book telling our story since Amy disappeared.It is available in most book shops in Ireland and available online in at the following addresses

http://www.missingamy.net/bookdetails.htm

Probably not, DCI.  I just hadn't heard of The Book, or the apparent phone call after Midnight before today.  I only know that Amy's Cell Phone was found on her bed, under a pile of clothes, when Aud n Dave finally realise that Amy was missing.

But The Book is just another thing.  How dare Kate McCann write a book for money.

Offline Eleanor

It isn't the searching so much that bothers me.  It's the using of these two other cases to castigate The McCanns.  And there is no doubt that Angelo has castigated The McCanns.  While completely failing to address the fact that Amy was badly neglected.  There is certainly enough evidence to support that accusation.

So why hasn't Angelo applauded The McCanns for their ceaseless campaign?

Kerry Needham did the best she could without benefit of The Internet.  Audrey Fitzpatrick didn't do so well.  Neither of which are the fault of The McCanns.

Offline Angelo222

It isn't the searching so much that bothers me.  It's the using of these two other cases to castigate The McCanns.  And there is no doubt that Angelo has castigated The McCanns.  While completely failing to address the fact that Amy was badly neglected.  There is certainly enough evidence to support that accusation.

So why hasn't Angelo applauded The McCanns for their ceaseless campaign?

Kerry Needham did the best she could without benefit of The Internet.  Audrey Fitzpatrick didn't do so well.  Neither of which are the fault of The McCanns.

Didn't see this post before I went on my hols Eleanor but how can I applaud a couple who are more concerned with promoting themselves and raking in money than they are in getting out there and searching for their missing child.  Remind us all, how many times have they been back to Portugal in six years?

If the truth be known the Fitzpatrick's and the Needham's put them to shame in as much as they have at least searched for their missing child.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:29:19 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!