Author Topic: intresting article about azaria case former cop thinks lindy had PND  (Read 3766 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Former NT Chief Minister doubts dingo claims

Updated: 5:01 pm, Wednesday, 11 January 2017

The man who ordered Lindy Chamberlain's release from prison more than 30 years ago says he still believes she played a part in her baby daughter's death.

Former Northern Territory Chief Minister Stephen Hatton spoke to Sky News following the death of Lindy's ex-husband Michael Chamberlain and said the case has seen the Territory viewed in a bad light.

'I feel that the Northern Territory Police and the Northern Territory Government have been badly maligned for the way that we handled the case when in fact all they did was carry out a police investigation and conduct a jury trial,' he told Sky News.

Mr Hatton was chief minister from 1986 to 1988, encompassing the now infamous release of Lindy Chamberlain after baby Azaria's matinee jacket was found at Uluru in 1986, six years after she disappeared.

His government then secured a commission of inquiry that exonerated the Chamberlains and paid them $1.3 million in compensation.

Despite this he still believes Lindy played a part in Azaria's death.

'My personal opinions are that Lindy Chamberlain was not a bad person, she probably didn't deserve a murder sentence, but I don't believe the dingo took the baby,' he said.

In 2012 a coronial investigation found a dingo had taken Azaria, but Mr Hatton says he doesn't believe this could be possible.

'I find it difficult that a dingo would carry a heavy baby like Azaria was for such a distance when she was being chased by a mob of people when the usual behaviour an animal when its being chased is to drop its prey and run.'

He believes Lindy may have suffered from post natal depression and that she had been stressed from a long day out in the heat with a two-month old baby.

'I personally, without evidence, but my personal belief is she was caught up in a very stressed situation and reacted unfortunately'.

Mr Hatton said he had crossed paths with Lindy over the years but had never met Michael Chamberlain.

'I do feel sad and my condolences go out to him and his family. I know he's had a traumatic time and I'm sorry to hear of his death.'

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2017/01/11/former-nt-chief-justice-doubts-dingo-claims.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=587672a304d30110b4394877&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:16:03 PM by carlymichelle »

Offline Mr Gray

Re: intresting article about azaria case former cop thinks lindy had PND
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:28:01 AM »
So this lady has been cleared by the courts yet people stil have their opinions
Seems very unfair doesn't it
Even when she has been declare not guilty she still faces harassment

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:58:50 AM »
Fortunately all the parties are now deceased so there is no libel.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Alfie

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:14:01 AM »
Fortunately all the parties are now deceased so there is no libel.
When did Lindy die?

Alfie

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »
It will be no different in the McCann case.  Elsewhere on this forum we have two individuals claiming Vincent Tabak is innocent and (by inference) pinning the blame on one of her nearest and dearest.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 08:30:39 AM »
When did Lindy die?
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/88283880/lindy-chamberlaincreighton-speaks-on-death-of-exhusband-michael-chamberlain   she must be speaking from the grave if I was right!  I'll be damned!  I thought she had passed some years back.
It might be an incorrect memory of the 2012 inquest. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_Chamberlain-Creighton#2012_inquest
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:42:00 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »
It will be no different in the McCann case.  Elsewhere on this forum we have two individuals claiming Vincent Tabak is innocent and (by inference) pinning the blame on one of her nearest and dearest.

I am one of those two people who believe Vincent Tabak is innocent, and I do not put the blame on any of Joanna's "nearest and dearest" at all.  I have never said that. I have no idea who killed her.