Author Topic: The Murder of Lin and Megan Russell - Michael Stone  (Read 29597 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The Murder of Lin and Megan Russell - Michael Stone
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2021, 10:44:30 PM »
The photofit based on Josie’s evidence bears a closer resemblance to a young Levi Bellfield than it does Michael Stone.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2021, 10:53:45 PM »
The photofit based on Josie’s evidence bears a closer resemblance to a young Levi Bellfield than it does Michael Stone.

Yes I've just been reading further on the website, she didn't pick stone out in a line up either, despite him allegedly having spoken to her.

However, the attacker demanded money & that wasn't Bellfield's MO.

Certainly it could have been Stone, he bashed a nonce with a hammer years prior, robbed & burgled, fantasised about murder & sometimes used a shoelace when injecting....but all that is still far from convincing me beyond doubt.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2021, 04:31:45 PM »

Confession of a serial killer?

Levi Bellfield and the Chillenden Murders

BBC Wales Investigates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weHbbwCQvkA

Offline barrier

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »
...And the police lost evidence, a boot lace used as a ligature (that didn't have Stone's DNA on it), claimed it had been destroyed in testing, then it re emerges in a police station 14 years later!

This case has potential MOJ all over it imo.

Quite agree.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2022, 06:36:41 AM »

KILLER CONFESSES Evil Levi Bellfield admits to hammer murders of mum and daughter Lin and Megan Russell in chilling confession letter

5 Feb 2022

LEVI Bellfield has finally made a formal confession to the hammer murders of mum and daughter Lin and Megan Russell — and revealed chilling details of the killings.

For the first time, the monster — serving life for the murder of schoolgirl Millie Dowler — has told how he killed Lin and daughter Megan, six, and tried to kill Josie Russell, nine, in 1996.

Their brutal deaths in the picturesque Kent countryside on a sunny day shocked the nation.

The document means Michael Stone — convicted of the Russell murders in 1998 — could have suffered a miscarriage of justice.

In a four-page statement made last month and lodged with a ­solicitor, Bellfield discloses in matter-of-fact detail how he carried out the murderous attack.

He even reveals that he took a hair scrunchie as a macabre souvenir — and that he killed the family dog after it bit him.

The statement says: “I was wearing bright yellow marigold washing up gloves and holding a hammer in my right hand.

“In my car I had a screwdriver, a lock knife, a hammer, yellow marigold gloves and a very long black bootlace.

“My first intention was to just attack Lin, but I quickly changed my mind due to the screams and was worried she would fight back given the children were with her.

“I approached Lin and held her right arm tight.

“She asked me not to harm her children. She was calm.

“Had she screamed I would have attacked her and left not harming the children.

“The situation just got out of control and the more she complied it just gave me more confidence.

“I walked all three of them off the track. I forced Lin to sit down.”

The statement goes on to detail how he killed Lin and Megan and left Josie for dead with appalling injuries.

He also states that he killed the family dog, saying: “I grabbed the dog by the collar and it bit my wrist. I hit the dog and killed it.

“There was blood everywhere and all up my legs, arms and shorts.”

The confession means that Bellfield is responsible for at least six murders — making him one of Britains’ worst serial killers.

The 53-year-old is already serving life for the deaths of Millie, 13, Amelie Delagrange, 22, and 19-year-old Marsha McDonnell.

He was also convicted of the attempted murder of Kate Sheedy, 18.

As well as admitting killing Josie and Lin in the 14-paragraph statement, Bellfield also admits the murder of a woman called Judith Gold in North London in 1990.

He has previously admitted being in the Chillenden area of Kent at the time of Lin and daughter Megan’s killings.

But his new statement provides new details — and discloses how after the murders he stopped at services on the M25 in Surrey to wash off blood before going on to work his shift as a nightclub bouncer.

He said: “On my return I stopped at Clacket Lane Services and cleaned up.

“I used my T-shirt to clean myself and wipe my shorts. I used bottled water. It was warm and I drove the rest of the journey with no top on. I didn’t look out of place.”

On his return to his home in Twickenham, South West London, Bellfield says he got changed and went to work.

He claims that the following day he threw the hammer he used to carry out the attacks into the Thames near Walton, Surrey.

He then fled on holiday to ­Turkey with his then-girlfriend — but returned after just a few days to have the beige Ford Sierra he was driving the day he says he killed the Russells cleaned because it was “full of their DNA”.

He added: “It had blood stains on the seat.”

Bellfield made the 14-paragraph statement to solicitor Paul Bacon, who represents Michael Stone — the man currently serving life after being convicted of the killings.

Bellfield is now known as Yusuf Rahim after converting to Islam.

The confession document will now be sent to watchdog the Criminal Cases Review Commission — which has the power to order re-trials and is considering an appeal by Stone, 61.

Stone has always denied responsibility for the killings.

He was found guilty of the Russell murders in 1998 but these convictions were later quashed.

He was subsequently found guilty at a retrial in 2001.

Bellfield ends his statement, saying: “Something like this has never happened to me, in the sense I’ve committed a crime and another person has been arrested for it.

“I apologise to Stone and the Russell family for my heinous acts.”

Bellfield was jailed for life in 2008 for the hammer killings of Amelie Delagrange and Marsha McDonnell and the attempted murder of Kate Sheedy in South West London.

Three years later, he was finally convicted of the 2002 murder of Milly Dowler and handed a second life term.

Josie Russell was left with horrific brain injuries following the attack. Her condition was so appalling that medics who treated her at the scene initially assumed she was dead.

But she survived and had to learn to talk again. She later moved to Wales with her father Shaun, a doctor.

We told last May how Bellfield — who claims he has never met Stone — was being investigated over the Russell killings by the Criminal Cases Review Commission.

A bootlace found at the scene and lost by police was rediscovered last year and sent for lab tests.

Bellfield previously told pals he was worried about his DNA being found on a lace.

The Russell family did not wish to comment on Bellfield’s claims.

LIN and Megan Russell and their dog Lucy were killed as they walked home from a swimming gala on July 9, 1996.

Josie, then nine, survived the attack near Chillenden, Kent.

Petty criminal and ex-heroin addict Michael Stone was found guilty of the murders and attempted murder in 1998 despite a lack of forensic evidence.

He successfully appealed but was then found guilty at a second trial in 2001, based partly on a confession he is said to have made in prison.

Stone launched another appeal, which failed in 2004. The Criminal Cases Review Commission is now examining the case.

In 2017 Stone’s solicitors identified Bellfield as a suspect in the murders and claimed he had made his own prison confession.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17559472/levi-bellfield-confession-letter-russell/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 06:51:41 AM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2022, 09:07:48 AM »
It would seem justice is coming for Michael Stone, and true justice for Lin and Megan Russell.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2022, 09:10:25 AM »
Strange he'd send a confession to Stone's lawyer, but not directly to the police or CCRC.

As Colin Sutton has said previously....

“The Criminal Cases Review Commission will look at this. They have good investigators. But knowing Bellfield as I do, this could be him playing mind games.”

Offline barrier

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2022, 09:30:45 AM »
KILLER CONFESSES Evil Levi Bellfield admits to hammer murders of mum and daughter Lin and Megan Russell in chilling confession letter

5 Feb 2022

LEVI Bellfield has finally made a formal confession to the hammer murders of mum and daughter Lin and Megan Russell — and revealed chilling details of the killings.

For the first time, the monster — serving life for the murder of schoolgirl Millie Dowler — has told how he killed Lin and daughter Megan, six, and tried to kill Josie Russell, nine, in 1996.

Their brutal deaths in the picturesque Kent countryside on a sunny day shocked the nation.

The document means Michael Stone — convicted of the Russell murders in 1998 — could have suffered a miscarriage of justice.

In a four-page statement made last month and lodged with a ­solicitor, Bellfield discloses in matter-of-fact detail how he carried out the murderous attack.

He even reveals that he took a hair scrunchie as a macabre souvenir — and that he killed the family dog after it bit him.

The statement says: “I was wearing bright yellow marigold washing up gloves and holding a hammer in my right hand.

“In my car I had a screwdriver, a lock knife, a hammer, yellow marigold gloves and a very long black bootlace.

“My first intention was to just attack Lin, but I quickly changed my mind due to the screams and was worried she would fight back given the children were with her.

“I approached Lin and held her right arm tight.

“She asked me not to harm her children. She was calm.

“Had she screamed I would have attacked her and left not harming the children.

“The situation just got out of control and the more she complied it just gave me more confidence.

“I walked all three of them off the track. I forced Lin to sit down.”

The statement goes on to detail how he killed Lin and Megan and left Josie for dead with appalling injuries.

He also states that he killed the family dog, saying: “I grabbed the dog by the collar and it bit my wrist. I hit the dog and killed it.

“There was blood everywhere and all up my legs, arms and shorts.”

The confession means that Bellfield is responsible for at least six murders — making him one of Britains’ worst serial killers.

The 53-year-old is already serving life for the deaths of Millie, 13, Amelie Delagrange, 22, and 19-year-old Marsha McDonnell.

He was also convicted of the attempted murder of Kate Sheedy, 18.

As well as admitting killing Josie and Lin in the 14-paragraph statement, Bellfield also admits the murder of a woman called Judith Gold in North London in 1990.

He has previously admitted being in the Chillenden area of Kent at the time of Lin and daughter Megan’s killings.

But his new statement provides new details — and discloses how after the murders he stopped at services on the M25 in Surrey to wash off blood before going on to work his shift as a nightclub bouncer.

He said: “On my return I stopped at Clacket Lane Services and cleaned up.

“I used my T-shirt to clean myself and wipe my shorts. I used bottled water. It was warm and I drove the rest of the journey with no top on. I didn’t look out of place.”

On his return to his home in Twickenham, South West London, Bellfield says he got changed and went to work.

He claims that the following day he threw the hammer he used to carry out the attacks into the Thames near Walton, Surrey.

He then fled on holiday to ­Turkey with his then-girlfriend — but returned after just a few days to have the beige Ford Sierra he was driving the day he says he killed the Russells cleaned because it was “full of their DNA”.

He added: “It had blood stains on the seat.”

Bellfield made the 14-paragraph statement to solicitor Paul Bacon, who represents Michael Stone — the man currently serving life after being convicted of the killings.

Bellfield is now known as Yusuf Rahim after converting to Islam.

The confession document will now be sent to watchdog the Criminal Cases Review Commission — which has the power to order re-trials and is considering an appeal by Stone, 61.

Stone has always denied responsibility for the killings.

He was found guilty of the Russell murders in 1998 but these convictions were later quashed.

He was subsequently found guilty at a retrial in 2001.

Bellfield ends his statement, saying: “Something like this has never happened to me, in the sense I’ve committed a crime and another person has been arrested for it.

“I apologise to Stone and the Russell family for my heinous acts.”

Bellfield was jailed for life in 2008 for the hammer killings of Amelie Delagrange and Marsha McDonnell and the attempted murder of Kate Sheedy in South West London.

Three years later, he was finally convicted of the 2002 murder of Milly Dowler and handed a second life term.

Josie Russell was left with horrific brain injuries following the attack. Her condition was so appalling that medics who treated her at the scene initially assumed she was dead.

But she survived and had to learn to talk again. She later moved to Wales with her father Shaun, a doctor.

We told last May how Bellfield — who claims he has never met Stone — was being investigated over the Russell killings by the Criminal Cases Review Commission.

A bootlace found at the scene and lost by police was rediscovered last year and sent for lab tests.

Bellfield previously told pals he was worried about his DNA being found on a lace.

The Russell family did not wish to comment on Bellfield’s claims.

LIN and Megan Russell and their dog Lucy were killed as they walked home from a swimming gala on July 9, 1996.

Josie, then nine, survived the attack near Chillenden, Kent.

Petty criminal and ex-heroin addict Michael Stone was found guilty of the murders and attempted murder in 1998 despite a lack of forensic evidence.

He successfully appealed but was then found guilty at a second trial in 2001, based partly on a confession he is said to have made in prison.

Stone launched another appeal, which failed in 2004. The Criminal Cases Review Commission is now examining the case.

In 2017 Stone’s solicitors identified Bellfield as a suspect in the murders and claimed he had made his own prison confession.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17559472/levi-bellfield-confession-letter-russell/

Anothet miscarriage of Justice based on a prison confession ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2022, 09:32:19 AM »
Strange he'd send a confession to Stone's lawyer, but not directly to the police or CCRC.

As Colin Sutton has said previously....

“The Criminal Cases Review Commission will look at this. They have good investigators. But knowing Bellfield as I do, this could be him playing mind games.”

Hmm, now if a certain German suspect was accused of mind games ............

Offline barrier

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2022, 12:07:24 PM »
Solicitor as now received a letter.

The man serving life for the murder of schoolgirl Millie Dowler has confessed to killing mother and daughter Lin and Megan Russell, a lawyer has said.

Another man, Michael Stone, has twice been found guilty of the murders of Ms Russell and her six-year-old daughter in Kent in July 1996.

His solicitor says he has now received a statement written by Levi Bellfield which details the killings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-60278013

Offline DanniCash

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2022, 12:51:21 PM »
I'm very surprised that Bellfield has confessed, back in September he denied involvement: "Bellfield denied making any such confession and his solicitor said Stone, who was believed to have been in a separate wing of HMP Frankland from Bellfield, had offered him payment to confess.

Julie Cooper said: "Mr Bellfield denies the murders of the Russell family and denies ever making such a confession.

"Mr Stone has offered payment to our client, which he anticipates receiving as compensation for time served in custody."

Perhaps Stone made him a better offer?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2022, 01:36:12 PM »
I'm very surprised that Bellfield has confessed, back in September he denied involvement: "Bellfield denied making any such confession and his solicitor said Stone, who was believed to have been in a separate wing of HMP Frankland from Bellfield, had offered him payment to confess.

Julie Cooper said: "Mr Bellfield denies the murders of the Russell family and denies ever making such a confession.

"Mr Stone has offered payment to our client, which he anticipates receiving as compensation for time served in custody."

Perhaps Stone made him a better offer?
That's a pretty far fetched theory IMO.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2022, 01:39:38 PM »

Bellfield's denial of a prior prison confession.

https://youtu.be/J20ZEJsGx9w?t=120

Offline DanniCash

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2022, 03:22:38 PM »
That's a pretty far fetched theory IMO.

Why?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2022, 05:24:49 PM »
Why?
What use has Bellfield for large sums of cash, given that with this latest confession he is even less likely to ever be free to enjoy it?