Author Topic: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates  (Read 202489 times)

Offline [...]

Re: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates
« Reply #375 on: November 27, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »
This forum is called miscarriages of Justice..

I was just saying that I believe that they arrested and convicted the wrong man (IMO)..

There are many strange things about the case..

And the reason i'm on this forum is to see, whether anyone else has questioned the way it unfolded..

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #376 on: November 27, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
I would have thought that finding his DNA/fingerprints in her flat would be very important evidence.

Enhanced (or low copy) DNA can be unreliable.  I am not a scientist, and do not understand these things . However, Professor Dan Krane talks about it on You Tube, and there are several newspaper articles about it.

Lots of people have confessed to crimes falsely.  I would have had more faith in VT's confession had he made it at the police station, when he was first arrested,  rather than after having been on remand for several months. We don't know how he was treated in Long Lartin, after all.

Offline [...]

« Reply #377 on: November 27, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »
Why would "fire engines and a crane" make it less likely that Tabak did it?  Totally irrelevant to your arguement IMO.  As for the DNA or lack of it, one could speculate that it's because he cleaned up, wiped surfaces down etc.  I don't know.  But conversely how, if they had never met do you explain his DNA on her body?

I believe that it was a partial DNA... it wasn't definatley Dr Vincent Tabak's DNA..

When did he have the time to clean all the surfaces down?

Why wasn't any evidence of him found on the ear-rings that one was found in the bed and one on the floor?

The strangulation marks did not show signs of gloves as far as I am aware..

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #378 on: November 27, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »
Paul

I thought about gloves too, but they said they found finger marks on Joanna's neck.

Alfie

Of course the presence of fire engines and a crane make no difference to who committed the murder, but my point is that they would not have been needed if the body was left where the police said it was left. It leaves me wondering whether we have been told the truth about where the body was actually found, that was my point.

jixy

« Reply #379 on: November 27, 2016, 04:45:28 PM »
AS Alfie previously posted, 8 points searched on the internet LINKED to the death of Joanna along with DNA a confession, a statement saying how he will be haunted for life due to his own actions that night but the most telling part about it.... in all the years that have passed, where is his appeal? his claim he has been wronged in anyway not to mention forced into a confession, to explain the night and associated feelings that went along with it

I know more than one case where a prisoners was seriously abused far beyond anything you can dream up happened to Tabak yet they never once gave up maintaining their innocent. He hasn't even started

jixy

« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »
So how did Joanna's blood get on the top of the wall? he said he tried and failed to lift it up so surely you aren't saying that is another lie?

Offline [...]

« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2016, 04:59:18 PM »
Alfie, can I ask what you think to the document, that wasn't presented to the defense counsel, until the day of , Trail..

A document that was some 1300 pages long, and containing some 556 events, these pertained to all movements, texts, phone calls, searches ... etc..

The defence did not have the available time to cross reference what was contained in the folder, so could not counter what the prosecution were claiming..

Why did the prosecution not furnish the defence in ample time so that they could properly look at this evidence..

Maybe more acurate answers would have been given to these questions put before his clinent..

Also I believe, it would clearly show how much time Dr Vincent Tabak had to do anything that evening and what he was precicely doing at specific times..

I believe if the defence had the time to study the documents, then I'm sure he would of advised his client to change his plea..

I think alot of the disagreements would change , if people were aware of this..

This Document contained what...

Joanna Yeates did

Dr Vincent Tabak did

Greg Reardon did

Tanja morson did

Anyone else who text /rang

Offline [...]

« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
She then texted Peter: “Where are you?”
Peter replied “On my way to a wedding. Where are you?”
She replied: “At home- on my todd”.
She texted a third male friend.

I believe if the prosecution said what time she replied to Peter's text.. we would have a more accurate picture of what time she was at home.

She had left Tesco's at 8.40pm and have a 5 minute walk home.. meet the priest.
I believe the time the text was sent from home is vital..

Alfie

« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2016, 06:05:42 PM »
Paul

I thought about gloves too, but they said they found finger marks on Joanna's neck.

Alfie

Of course the presence of fire engines and a crane make no difference to who committed the murder, but my point is that they would not have been needed if the body was left where the police said it was left. It leaves me wondering whether we have been told the truth about where the body was actually found, that was my point.
A cover up and conspiracy by the police you mean?  To what end?

Alfie

« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
Alfie, can I ask what you think to the document, that wasn't presented to the defense counsel, until the day of , Trail..

A document that was some 1300 pages long, and containing some 556 events, these pertained to all movements, texts, phone calls, searches ... etc..

The defence did not have the available time to cross reference what was contained in the folder, so could not counter what the prosecution were claiming..

Why did the prosecution not furnish the defence in ample time so that they could properly look at this evidence..

Maybe more acurate answers would have been given to these questions put before his clinent..

Also I believe, it would clearly show how much time Dr Vincent Tabak had to do anything that evening and what he was precicely doing at specific times..

I believe if the defence had the time to study the documents, then I'm sure he would of advised his client to change his plea..

I think alot of the disagreements would change , if people were aware of this..

This Document contained what...

Joanna Yeates did

Dr Vincent Tabak did

Greg Reardon did

Tanja morson did

Anyone else who text /rang
What document are you referring to?  Do you have a link?

Offline [...]

« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2016, 06:37:50 PM »
What document are you referring to?  Do you have a link?

Here's the link and a couple of quotes referring to the Document and what happened or didn't... Alfie especially read 3.5 and 3.2

3.2. The jury was sworn on 7 October, 2011. The trial was postponed for a day because
Vincent Tabak's defence team, led by William Clegg, QC, pleaded o he judge for extra
time to read an additional 1,300 pages of documentary evidence which the prosecution had
disclosed to them at the last minute.

The quotes are on page 10

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

3.5. When prosecution counsel Nigel Lickley opened the case, he produced copies of an
A3- bound document which consisted of colour-coded pages of the timeline of the alleged
murder: every incident from emails, mobile texts, landline telephone calls, travel,
shopping, etc of the parties involved, ieJoanna Yeates and her cohabitee; and Vincent
Tabak and his cohabitee. Importantly, these schedules also include alleged internet
searches by Dr Tabak. This A3 document looked dauntingly complex and one wonders if
all members of the jury followed this document; were on the right page at the right time as
narrated by prosecuting counsel Mr Lickley.

I would love to see the document... but its only referenced here by Sally Ramage Lawyer

Offline [...]

« Reply #387 on: November 28, 2016, 02:32:13 PM »
 in evidence.... The court was happy to accept that Dr Vincent Tabak had strangled Joanna Yeates with one hand and that this took 20 seconds..

20 seconds seems awful short, but...
Marks on the 25-year-old’s body were said to be consistent with her being pinned down and strangled with both hands by her 6ft 4in neighbour Vincent Tabak. Tabak admits the manslaughter of Miss Yeates but denies her murder.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047800/Vincent-Tabak-trial-Joanna-Yeates-suffered-43-injuries-slow-painful-death.html#ixzz4RJShOPUV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

and here it says: 
The pathologist added there were ‘injuries to all four quadrants of the neck, front and back, left and right’, which he said indicated the position of the killer’s hands changed during the ‘dynamic’ attack.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049094/Vincent-Tabak-trial-Joanna-Yeates-blood-stained-body-photos-shown-court.html#ixzz4RJS25acq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Changed how???

Four quadrants of her neck suggest two hands were used to strangle Joanna Yeates... Not one..

Either it was two hands and she tried to defend herself,(or one defending herself) hopefully inflicting some damage on the suspect...

Or we are expected to believe that one hand was used that change position..

Dr Vincent Tabak says he used his other hand to keep her quiet, so how were all four quadrants of her neck injured??

If all 4 quadrants were affected how would you explain that .. sounds like 2 hands not one..

If one hand wasn't kept in one postion, were there finger marks front and back from the killer?
To move one hand , you would go round the neck, switching hands, doesn't seem likely.

I'm sure Joanna Yeates  have fought back somehow? maybe kicking scratching , grabbing assailants hair.. Does she not grab hold ,pulling the assailants hand/hands from around her neck?

The position of hands changed... thats plural..

And to keep changing position suggests longer than 20 seconds.... or grabbing her more than once

The time of the attack seems alot longer than has been suggested ......

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #388 on: November 28, 2016, 08:12:36 PM »
This document is about all the fire engines, etc sent out to recover Joanna's body.

The document is the result of a Freedom of Information request (not asked for by myself, but by a friend, who does not post on this site).

It tells us nothing about who may or may not have committed the murder, but I think it tells us a lot about where Joanna's body may or may not have been found.

If any poster has a good explanation as to why all these fire engines and pumping tenders might have been needed, please let us know!!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #389 on: November 28, 2016, 08:16:00 PM »
If the attachment doesn't work, please say so---I have never claimed to be any good at IT!