Author Topic: What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?  (Read 45605 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2019, 12:55:24 PM »
Belief is less needing of evidence.

“an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.”
Which describes Wonderfulspam’s admission of believing the parents guilty from day one to a tee.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2019, 12:56:58 PM »

As there is no proof of Madeleine’s fate, there are only beliefs, right?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »
As there is no proof of Madeleine’s fate, there are only beliefs, right?
Some scenarios are definitely ruled out IMO.  Ie. not stabbed in apartment 5A,
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »
I did this in similar circumstances, so that aspect of it has always been hard for me.  I cannot condemn The McCanns for something I did myself.

And in case you ask, No, I don't think I was being stupid.

You were lucky.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »
three bone fragments (the largest 25 mm = 1 inch long) were identified as possibly human; two of them have been dated to a range from 1470 to 1650 and the other 1650 to 1950

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_child_abuse_investigation_2008

Were human bones found found under the coconut? Not sure where you found that.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2019, 04:38:46 PM »
You were lucky.

And managed to raise three children who are kind, and don't spend their time accusing without just cause.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2019, 04:59:46 PM »
youve only given a definition of belief...thats hardly useful...you have not demonstrated a diference beteween the two...

opinion

noun
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

so wheres the diference

Especially vs not necessarily...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 05:12:52 PM by slartibartfast »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #487 on: June 23, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »

We are not talking about proof are we... If we had proof it would not be opinion or belief.. It would be fact..

They are obviously interchangeable as I have shown

proof and evidence are not interchangable....thats where you have made your mistake

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 05:35:58 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2019, 06:04:49 PM »
Sometimes parents have a need to stay sane to be a good parent.

Then get a babysitter.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
Then get a babysitter.

I didn't need one.  I was only next door.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2019, 06:42:05 PM »
I didn't need one.  I was only next door.
Sounds like the McCann situation!

[In my experience one of the strangest situations was on the night I was arrested.  I was a solo dad with 3 young children in bed asleep and their dad was locked up in the local goal  with no rights to make a phone call to sort the situation out.]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:21:05 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #492 on: July 01, 2019, 03:33:59 PM »
Davel posted up earlier posted about a case in Scotland where the findings of a cadaver dog search were then used in a criminal trial along with much other evidence I hasten to add.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10808.msg537743#msg537743

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Suzanne_Pilley

It seems it was carried out by S.Yorks police again.  Are they the only area in the country that have these dogs?

I'm assuming investigators were able to carry out checks to determine who had previously rented the McCanns hire car?

https://aboutforensics.co.uk/detection-dogs/

If anyone has a spare 75.00 and some 6 hours to spend on 9th Nov they could always go along to Martin Grime's training course  8)--))

https://www.pact-dogs.com/members-area/product/forensic-canine-foundation-with-martin-grime/

He states that he's unable to answer questions about the McCann case as its an on-going investigation!

Cite privided