Author Topic: What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?  (Read 45323 times)

Offline Robittybob1

What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:10:59 PM »
Have you ever thought what evidence would confirm an alert?

Over and over we get told the alerts mean nothing unless they are corroborated.

So would you all tell the forum what you would accept as corroborating evidence?

I'll add part of another post I made on the topic:
"We know their reliability depended on the finding of corroborating evidence at the location.

But Madeleine had been living at that location so finding her DNA there was never going to be enough.

In fact finding her blood there was unlikely to be enough, for a kid can get a bleeding nose and that doesn't mean she died.

Does the corroborating evidence have to be found at the site of the alert.  They don't actually say that do they.  So if her body was found at another location would that be corroborating evidence?"

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:07:53 AM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Re: What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:25:29 AM »
Corroborating evidence varies from case to case. If the victim is an adult and they haven't accessed their bank account since disappearing that suggests they may be unable to do so. If the victim is a child medical records may show a history of unexplained injuries.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 09:35:07 AM »
Corroborating evidence varies from case to case. If the victim is an adult and they haven't accessed their bank account since disappearing that suggests they may be unable to do so. If the victim is a child medical records may show a history of unexplained injuries.

Iyo and I don't agree.  Maddie has not been seen for 11 years and it is highly probable she is dead.... That does not corroborate  the alerts

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »
Iyo and I don't agree.  Maddie has not been seen for 11 years and it is highly probable she is dead.... That does not corroborate  the alerts

The passage of time, as you say, makes death probable. The dog alerts in 2007 suggested the same outcome. They also suggested a connection between her death and the apartment she was staying in.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 09:47:04 AM »
The passage of time, as you say, makes death probable. The dog alerts in 2007 suggested the same outcome. They also suggested a connection between her death and the apartment she was staying in.

A mere suggestion... Not evidence of death in the apartment

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

agree  the only unknown thing is  if  maddie did  die there   who  how and  why ??

Offline jassi

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »
If even discovery of a body doesn't increase the credibility of the alerts, I fail to see the point of all the effort being put into discrediting the dog alerts over the years.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »
If even discovery of a body doesn't increase the credibility of the alerts, I fail to see the point of all the effort being put into discrediting the dog alerts over the years.

Questioning is not discrediting...... The alerts were a central part of the case against the McCann's... If we want to get to the truth Re Maddie it's important to assess the validity of the evidence

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »
I'm not sure what Grime and Harrison were expecting as corroborating evidence but one thing is certain, if she did turn up alive it can't have been madeleine's cadaver the dogs were alerting to.

If her remains were found within a couple of kilometres of the apartment would that corroborate the alerts?

Maybe there is still the possibility of her wandering and then being hurt  then picked up then killed.  So the body is still not linked with a dead Madeleine being in the apartment.

I find it tricky from all angles.  Maybe a confession is the only fool proof corroboration.

But a confession can only come from the guilty parties, so if they are innocent where is the confession going to come from.  Is there someone else who could confess?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
I'm not sure what Grime and Harrison were expecting as corroborating evidence but one thing is certain, if she did turn up alive it can't have been madeleine's cadaver the dogs were alerting to.

If her remains were found within a couple of kilometres of the apartment would that corroborate the alerts?

Maybe there is still the possibility of her wandering and then being hurt  then picked up then killed.  So the body is still not linked with a dead Madeleine being in the apartment.

I find it tricky from all angles.  Maybe a confession is the only fool proof corroboration.

But a confession can only come from the guilty parties, so if they are innocent where is the confession going to come from.  Is there someone else who could confess?

Only a person closely involved could make such a confession and to date, no such person has been arrested.

I was going to write 'identified', but police may have identified a perpetrator without having sufficient evidence to arrest or charge.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 11:16:21 AM »
Only a person closely involved could make such a confession and to date, no such person has been arrested.

I was going to write 'identified', but police may have identified a perpetrator without having sufficient evidence to arrest or charge.
What makes anyone confess?  It depends on whether the person cares about his/her conscience.    Can they live with their conscience, or do they have no conscience to worry about like a psychopath?
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 11:27:44 AM »

There is always scent transfer...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »
What makes anyone confess?  It depends on whether the person cares about his/her conscience.    Can they live with their conscience, or do they have no conscience to worry about like a psychopath?

The individual may feel that they have too much in life to lose, which would go some way to explaining death-bed confessions.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 11:47:53 AM »
The individual may feel that they have too much in life to lose, which would go some way to explaining death-bed confessions.
Why even do it then? 
But can you think of the corroboration?  Would a perfect DNA match in a blood sample have nailed it for you? 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:50:01 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »
Why even do it then? 
But can you think of the corroboration?  Would a perfect DNA match in a blood sample have nailed it for you?

People seem to have a compulsion to 'put things right' as they approach the end of their life.
Not everybody, of course, the moors murdered Brady being such a person.

Or maybe not -