Author Topic: ISIS Brides, should they be allowed back ?  (Read 32774 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: ISIS Brides, should they be allowed back ?
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2019, 12:02:13 PM »
We can get tough if we have the laws needed. Getting tough by bending the law is another matter. Hundreds have been allowed back but only 40 have been prosecuted. If the UK want to get tough they need to pass new laws.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1088454/shamima-begum-isis-news-islamic-state-home-office-returning-jihadis

The will of the people isn't expressed in newspaper stories, it's exppressed via the Ballot Box.

Who says the law has been bent

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2019, 12:24:57 PM »
She has to ask for the passport and shows she is entitled to it... I can't see why she would be refused... If she was then it would be Bangladesh making her stateless
If a child was born in the US and both parents were British... What nationality would the child be.... Think about it

I'm interested in cites. At the moment I;m seeing opinions.

A child born in the US is a US citizen;

it does not matter whether the child’s parents were in the United States legally, nor does it matter what citizenships, if any, the parents have, or what other countries the child might also be a citizen of, or have the right to claim citizenship of. Finally, it does not matter whether the parents wish for their child to be a US citizen, and the parents of the child cannot in any way repudiate or otherwise act to renounce or impair their child’s US citizenship.
https://www.quora.com/Will-a-child-born-in-US-be-American-if-the-parents-are-Indian

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »
I'm interested in cites. At the moment I;m seeing opinions.

A child born in the US is a US citizen;

it does not matter whether the child’s parents were in the United States legally, nor does it matter what citizenships, if any, the parents have, or what other countries the child might also be a citizen of, or have the right to claim citizenship of. Finally, it does not matter whether the parents wish for their child to be a US citizen, and the parents of the child cannot in any way repudiate or otherwise act to renounce or impair their child’s US citizenship.
https://www.quora.com/Will-a-child-born-in-US-be-American-if-the-parents-are-Indian

I'm not giving an opinion on this... I'm stating facts... If a child us born in the US of British parents the child has dual nationality... Fact..
It would not matter if the child never visited the UK or ever had a UK passport.. The child would be entitled to UK citizenship

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2019, 12:36:58 PM »
Who says the law has been bent

I do. At this moment the girl and her child are stateless because the UK has removed their citizenship andr they have none. That's against international law.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »
I do. At this moment the girl and her child are stateless because the UK has removed their citizenship andr they have none. That's against international law.

She is not stateless...you are posting opinion... The home office does not agree.. She had dual nationality
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 12:54:50 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »
She is not stateless...you are posting opinion... The home office does not agree

Where are your cites?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »
Where are your cites?

I've just read a newspaper article .....and I gave a cite yesterday from an immigration  barrister

The Home Office believes that because Begum's mother was born in Bangladesh her daughter is entitled to dual citizenship meaning she would not be left stateless, which is illegal under international law.

Legal experts including Lord Carlile QC, Britain's former reviewer of terrorism legislation, have said that it appears the Home Office does have a genuine case to revoke her British citizenship and keep her in Syria.

/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6724023/Will-ISIS-bride-Shamima-Begum-use-BABY-door-Britain.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:20:28 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2019, 01:19:47 PM »
I've just read a newspaper article .....and I gave a cite yesterday from an immigration  barrister

The Bandladeshi authorities hace said it's nothing to do with them, so the girl clealy doesn't have Bangladeshi citizenship today. Therefore today she's stateless due to the actions taken by the UK authorities.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »
The Bandladeshi authorities hace said it's nothing to do with them, so the girl clealy doesn't have Bangladeshi citizenship today. Therefore today she's stateless due to the actions taken by the UK authorities.

more opinion from you

cite required........she does not have to hold a passport...she just needs to be eligible..

now you are postingwithout a cite
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:25:08 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2019, 01:23:17 PM »

Lord Carlile QC believes that Britain does have a strong case to block her from Britain.

He said: 'The Home Office has had a good look at the law and the citizenship of Miss Begum. Under Bangladesh law if her mother is a Bangladesh national or a duel Bangladesh-British national then Miss Begum acquires Bangladesh nationality.

'She doesn't have a Bangladesh passport and apparently she's never been there but that doesn't effect that issue.

from the same article

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2019, 01:26:54 PM »

if a child is birn in the  US of british parents the child has US citizenship...and also UK citizenship from birth

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »

She intends to wait for her husband until he is released.  And then no doubt he can join his British son in Britain along with his Bangladeshi wife.  Then they can all claim Benefits.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2019, 05:21:35 PM »
I think that without the media exposure this action wouldn't have been taken. Other people who are probably more dangerous than this girl have been allowed to return. She is being used as a scapegoat imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2019, 05:24:07 PM »
I think that without the media exposure this action wouldn't have been taken. Other people who are probably more dangerous than this girl have been allowed to return. She is being used as a scapegoat imo.

Do these other people have dual nationality?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »

Did she or did she not leave Britain of her own volition to affiliate with Islamic State?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....