Author Topic: Arming American Teachers  (Read 5033 times)

Offline G-Unit

Arming American Teachers
« on: February 24, 2018, 09:57:34 AM »
President Trump's suggested solution to the shootings in schools in America is to train teachers to shoot to kill and issue them with guns.

The problems that may cause don't seem to have occurred to him.

If it's known that teachers have guns they will become the first target of anyone who wants to carry out a school shooting.
There will be teachers who won't want to do this.
There will be teachers who prove incapable of gunning down another human being.
If a teacher fires and misses they will be killed.
A teacher may fire on an innocent person by mistake.
A teacher may fire, miss and kill one of their pupils.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

Re: Arming American Teachers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »
President Trump's suggested solution to the shootings in schools in America is to train teachers to shoot to kill and issue them with guns.

The problems that may cause don't seem to have occurred to him.

If it's known that teachers have guns they will become the first target of anyone who wants to carry out a school shooting.
There will be teachers who won't want to do this.
There will be teachers who prove incapable of gunning down another human being.
If a teacher fires and misses they will be killed.
A teacher may fire on an innocent person by mistake.
A teacher may fire, miss and kill one of their pupils.

It appears that the solution according to gun lovers is to add yet more weapons to the mix instead of taking them out.  In my opinion, Americans deserve everything that comes their way because of that attitude.  I guarantee Donald Trump's son Barron has armed secret service agents around him everywhere he goes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 11:30:45 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »

I did suggest this some days ago in a comment section somewhere.  I was joking.

The last thing America needs is more guns.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »
I can't imagine teachers being willing to be recruited for this mad scheme. If they wanted to shoot people they could have joined the Police or the Army.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 08:10:50 PM »
Armed teachers will result in dead teachers.
"The only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
A gentleman named Eugene Cunningham, in a book entitled "Triggernometry" back in the 1930s, expressed the view this was in essence blx. giving the following reasoning:
There is a better than even chance the bad guy with a gun is a psychopath, when he takes the gun out there is no debate with his conscience about whether or not to pull the trigger. The good guy is likely to have that debate with fatal consequences.
Added to which I guess is whether or not the teacher is any good with the gun the other guy has to presume he is. Same end result.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline puglove

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:05 AM »
Armed teachers will result in dead teachers.
"The only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
A gentleman named Eugene Cunningham, in a book entitled "Triggernometry" back in the 1930s, expressed the view this was in essence blx. giving the following reasoning:
There is a better than even chance the bad guy with a gun is a psychopath, when he takes the gun out there is no debate with his conscience about whether or not to pull the trigger. The good guy is likely to have that debate with fatal consequences.
Added to which I guess is whether or not the teacher is any good with the gun the other guy has to presume he is. Same end result.

I'm not as smart as you, Alice (few of us are!), but I think that what you are saying is a teacher with a gun is a teacher, and a nutjob with a gun is a random fruitcake who has nothing to lose and needs to do as much damage as he (usually he) can before he's stopped or kills himself. More guns equals more havoc and loss.

Mankind just never f..king learns, do we?
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline puglove

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 01:06:16 AM »
And (stop me if you've heard this one before), Trump is where he is because America couldn't cope with a black president, and Hilary is married to a disgusting sex offender.

Brexit is seriously the least of our problems.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline kmoore1967

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 05:32:58 PM »
It appears that the solution according to gun lovers is to add yet more weapons to the mix instead of taking them out.  In my opinion, Americans deserve everything that comes their way because of that attitude.  I guarantee Donald Trump's son Barron has armed secret service agents around him everywhere he goes.

I am sure that you recall before Trump was elected that Obama signed the Executive Order that every living President and his wife get Secret Service protection for life?

That means from here on out, Barron will always have Secret Service protection until he is 16 because Obama signed it into law. And now Donald and Melania will always have protection for the rest of their lives.

I'm sure Obama was happy with the use of weapons to defend Trump for life. But we can say, he sure didn't see Trump coming. But he's stuck now with his decision.

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 07:15:30 AM »

There is currently around one mass shooting per day in the US. The definition is four or more injured or killed, not including the shooter(s). The 22,000 suicides (so far this year) by gunfire are calculated separately.
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

There are apparently more guns than there are civilians:
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2017/10/americans-guns-171004081059455.html

Anyone else find this NRA ad with Dana Loesch creepy?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wKT9NzPdA[/youtube]

There is currently an FBI investigation into whether Russian money got funneled via the NRA to support Trump.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-16/russian-gun-rights-advocate-arrested-by-u-s-for-conspiracy

Offline Sunny

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 09:21:12 PM »
The problem with Trump is he relied upon support including financial from the NRA (National Rifle Association).  The NRA is a massive pro gun lobby in the USA with an awful lot of influence in Washington and also every day life in America.

A sensible president would try to curb gun supply in his country but none of the previous ones have dared do much regarding that as it would set them against the NRA. Trump on the other hand is hand in glove with them so is doing their bidding IMO.

Even with the dozens of school shootings Trump has no appetite to stop guns, he never will  as his paymasters won't let him.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Carana

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 10:58:49 PM »
The problem with Trump is he relied upon support including financial from the NRA (National Rifle Association).  The NRA is a massive pro gun lobby in the USA with an awful lot of influence in Washington and also every day life in America.

A sensible president would try to curb gun supply in his country but none of the previous ones have dared do much regarding that as it would set them against the NRA. Trump on the other hand is hand in glove with them so is doing their bidding IMO.

Even with the dozens of school shootings Trump has no appetite to stop guns, he never will  as his paymasters won't let him.

Agreed. My take is that the NRA seems to be largely on the far right - and Obama, who was firmly in favour of greater gun control, couldn't get past the partisan attitude of the Republicans (not that all Republicans have 10 semi-automatic guns at home).

Trump would promote whoever feeds him.

PS: Sadly, there was yet another mass shooting today...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »
According to Channel 4 some US teachers are planning to carry guns into school. There doesn't seem to be any awareness of the problems. All teachers will now be one of the first targets whether they're armed or not. A teacher carrying a gun could lose it and fire on pupils. A teacher firing to kill had better not miss, and missing is common the first time people shoot to kill an animal, never mind a human being. If a teacher accidentally kills or wounds a child then what?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 05:31:05 PM »
In which civilised society should anyone have to fear kids or teachers being massacred in school?

Or, for that matter, in places of worship?