Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243598 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1395 on: April 20, 2019, 08:04:22 PM »
"The parents’ involvement: that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese.

“We’re happy that’s completely dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that’s a line of investigation."

“The McCanns are the parents of a missing girl and we’re trying to get to the bottom of what happened.”

“We have a significant inquiry which could give an answer.”

“Ourselves and the Portuguese are doing a critical piece of work and we don’t want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out."

“We’ve got some thoughts on what we think the most likely explanations might be and we are pursuing those.”

“I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing."

“Because it’s worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we’ve gone through it I won’t know whether we are going to get there or not. He said the team were examining a “particular hypotheses” but refused to reveal what it was so as not to compromise a “live investigation”.

The officer added that however Madeleine left the flat, she was abducted.

“She wasn’t old enough to make a decision to set off and start her own life,”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-british-cop-says-madeleine-10295917
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1396 on: April 20, 2019, 08:10:11 PM »
to me that clearly spells it out that OG believe Madeleine was abducted, possible from outside the flat.

however Madeleine left the flat, she was abducted.

"Left the flat then abducted" is how I take that.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1397 on: April 20, 2019, 08:12:34 PM »
Yes it was... It wasn't proof... But. It was evidence... Evidence and proof are two different things

If people thought the fact that the McCanns weren't arguidos was evidence that they weren't being investigated they were very wrong.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1398 on: April 20, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »
If people thought the fact that the McCanns weren't arguidos was evidence that they weren't being investigated they were very wrong.

No they weren't... It was evidence but not proof... Thers much more evidence now they are not being investigated and that they are innocent

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1399 on: April 20, 2019, 08:15:07 PM »
I said that not being arguidos isn't evidence that they're not being investigated, as was claimed.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8490.msg521584#msg521584
Of course it is.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1400 on: April 20, 2019, 08:16:23 PM »
I think even after all these years you still don’t understand the meaning of evidence.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1401 on: April 20, 2019, 08:17:36 PM »
to me that clearly spells it out that OG believe Madeleine was abducted, possible from outside the flat.

however Madeleine left the flat, she was abducted.

"Left the flat then abducted" is how I take that.

Not to me.
To me this clearly spells out that Maddie Wasn't abducted.
The parents are suspects, is what I take from that, since Rowley was keen to stress that the team were examining a “particular hypotheses” but refused to reveal what it was so as not to compromise a “live investigation”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1402 on: April 20, 2019, 08:18:35 PM »
"The parents’ involvement: that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese.

“We’re happy that’s completely dealt with and there is no reason whatsoever to reopen that or start rumours that’s a line of investigation."

“The McCanns are the parents of a missing girl and we’re trying to get to the bottom of what happened.”

“We have a significant inquiry which could give an answer.”

“Ourselves and the Portuguese are doing a critical piece of work and we don’t want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out."

“We’ve got some thoughts on what we think the most likely explanations might be and we are pursuing those.”

“I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing."

“Because it’s worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we’ve gone through it I won’t know whether we are going to get there or not. He said the team were examining a “particular hypotheses” but refused to reveal what it was so as not to compromise a “live investigation”.

The officer added that however Madeleine left the flat, she was abducted.

“She wasn’t old enough to make a decision to set off and start her own life,”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-british-cop-says-madeleine-10295917

OG's mistaken belief. The first investigation coulldn't even identify the crime.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1403 on: April 20, 2019, 08:19:29 PM »
Not to me.
To me this clearly spells out that Maddie Wasn't abducted.
The parents are suspects, is what I take from that, since Rowley was keen to stress that the team were examining a “particular hypotheses” but refused to reveal what it was so as not to compromise a “live investigation”.
OK that might happen to someone who is super-suspicious.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1404 on: April 20, 2019, 08:36:17 PM »
I think even after all these years you still don’t understand the meaning of evidence.

There are no arguidos therefore no-one is being investigated.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1405 on: April 20, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »
There is no evidence that any specific person is being investigated at this moment in time.  There is evidence that the McCanns aren’t suspects now, nor ever have been since the investigation reopened.  I realise you don’t accept that because it would seem you don’t understand what evidence is. 

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1406 on: April 20, 2019, 08:43:42 PM »

"This article was amended on 21 March 2014. The earlier version stated that Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood had said the assumption that Madeleine had been alive when she left the apartment "may not follow with all our thinking" on the case. To clarify: those quoted words actually came after Redwood had referred to the assumption that Madeleine had been abducted. However, Redwood did say during the same press conference that police were considering the possibility that Madeleine was not alive when taken from the apartment as well as the possibility that she was."

They're not going to give a running commentary.

It could be that there are suspects, but they can't divulge as much since that could harm the investigation.

All we know for sure is, the burglars did it, then they didn't, & the McCanns definitely didn't do it, even though it hasn't been established what "it" is.  Oh no wait, it was an abduction, either that or murder. It's all so confusing.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1407 on: April 20, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »
"This article was amended on 21 March 2014. The earlier version stated that Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood had said the assumption that Madeleine had been alive when she left the apartment "may not follow with all our thinking" on the case. To clarify: those quoted words actually came after Redwood had referred to the assumption that Madeleine had been abducted. However, Redwood did say during the same press conference that police were considering the possibility that Madeleine was not alive when taken from the apartment as well as the possibility that she was."

They're not going to give a running commentary.

It could be that there are suspects, but they can't divulge as much since that could harm the investigation.

All we know for sure is, the burglars did it, then they didn't, & the McCanns definitely didn't do it, even though it hasn't been established what "it" is.  Oh no wait, it was an abduction, either that or murder. It's all so confusing.
The last time there were suspects they were divulged.  How come?

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1408 on: April 20, 2019, 08:49:21 PM »
The last time there were suspects they were divulged.  How come?

Grange said they had suspects, they didn't name who, the press did.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1409 on: April 20, 2019, 08:53:51 PM »
Grange said they had suspects, they didn't name who, the press did.
My point still stands.