Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243651 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1500 on: April 23, 2019, 08:55:45 AM »
All I ask is equal treatment. If I don't provide a cite my post is deleted. The same rule should apply to others who don't provide cites.
I’ve asked for numerous cites and simply been ignored.  I got over it. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1501 on: April 23, 2019, 09:16:41 AM »
All I ask is equal treatment. If I don't provide a cite my post is deleted. The same rule should apply to others who don't provide cites.

Not by any Moderator that I have seen.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1502 on: April 23, 2019, 09:26:09 AM »
I’ve asked for numerous cites and simply been ignored.  I got over it.

Me too..

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1503 on: April 23, 2019, 09:30:28 AM »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1504 on: April 23, 2019, 10:01:06 AM »
It happens;

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10544.msg511027#msg511027

That was in January.  Good heavens.  I've had more comments deleted than you have.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1505 on: April 23, 2019, 10:19:36 AM »
That was in January.  Good heavens.  I've had more comments deleted than you have.

I didn't even know it had happened myself until I was given a link to that discussion as what seemed to be some kind of justification for the lack of a cite in the latest incident. In my opinion you can't demand cites from others if you refuse to supply them yourself.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1506 on: April 23, 2019, 10:29:18 AM »
I didn't even know it had happened myself until I was given a link to that discussion as what seemed to be some kind of justification for the lack of a cite in the latest incident. In my opinion you can't demand cites from others if you refuse to supply them yourself.

It has to depend on the discussion itself.  Cites are being demanded in the most ridiculous cases sometimes.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1507 on: April 23, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
It has to depend on the discussion itself.  Cites are being demanded in the most ridiculous cases sometimes.

Seconded.   8((()*/
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1508 on: April 23, 2019, 11:26:35 AM »

I think it's fairly simple. Statements of fact need cites. Statements of opinion don't. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1509 on: April 23, 2019, 11:30:02 AM »
The problem arises when opinion is passed off as fact.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1510 on: April 23, 2019, 11:32:40 AM »
I think it's fairly simple. Statements of fact need cites. Statements of opinion don't.

I have provided a cite to support Brietta stating how important accurate witness statements are stressed in police training... It would be odd if SY didn't realize this... We can't prove the mccanns have been reinterviewed but it would be very odd if they haven't...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1511 on: April 23, 2019, 12:11:57 PM »
I have provided a cite to support Brietta stating how important accurate witness statements are stressed in police training... It would be odd if SY didn't realize this... We can't prove the mccanns have been reinterviewed but it would be very odd if they haven't...

Operation Grange may indeed have asked questions of those involved. Reinterviewing witnesses would make sense whoever interviewed them originally. You may believe OG did those things, but as you admit you can't prove it, it remains opinion.  One thing we do know is that both the McCanns and Op Grange paid to have the PJ files translated, so they certainly weren't dismissing the contents.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1512 on: April 23, 2019, 12:35:32 PM »
It would be fascinated to know if these translations differed significantly from those we have seen on line.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1513 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
It would be fascinated to know if these translations differed significantly from those we have seen on line.

Even the most talented translator can't translate 'entered using the key, the door beiing locked' as 'entered via the unlocked patio door'
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1514 on: April 23, 2019, 01:18:41 PM »
Even the most talented translator can't translate 'entered using the key, the door beiing locked' as 'entered via the unlocked patio door'

Its not verbatim... I think the translator may have used some artistic licence... You can claim what you want... Due to the, way the accounts, were taken nothing can be confirmed either way